users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM really good 6-hit >.>
SAM really good 6-hit >.>
 Siren.Snowe
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Snowe 2011-02-18 20:27:33  
Ok, so. My friend's working on his SAM and 5-hit is looking like a distant dream.
He does have 6-hit.
Currently, he's got:

Main: Dominion Ops GTK with DMG+5 Resist poison +3 and Skillchain damage 6%
Sub: Pole grip
head: Walahra Turban/Wyvern
Body: Perle
Hands: Hachiman/Perle/Dusk
Legs: Unkai +2 (lol)
Feet: Perle, Hachiman
Rings: Vulcan/Ruby
Earrings: Kemas Earring/Fowling
Back: Forager's
Neck: Chiv
Waist: Warwolf

Basically, i'm trying to find out what would be the Optimal 6-hit (best damage output)within reason. He's not the hardcore gamer, we're working on his sea access right now. Any suggestions are appreciated :o
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-18 20:31:44  
TP in Swift/Goading/Velocious/Speed.

Even Headlong or Quick is better than Warwolf. And regardless of whether he's a hardcore gamer or not, he should still be using basic macros, so he should WS in a STR belt still.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-18 20:48:38  
I'd recommend you focus entirely on sea for now. You need rajas and brutal badly. Also, might be better to make a ToM GKT instead of the dominion ops.
 Bismarck.Touvan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2011-02-18 21:15:27  
First thing Finish sea, and get a new GK, Keitonotachi, Fudo GK, or if you are too lazy to do magian trials, Kikugosaku from Orthrus are all good choices. With the Keitonotachi if you do the STP path assuming 5/5 STP merits you will need 17 Store TP from gear to 5 hit, but the weapon will 6 hit itself. So based on what you have atm semi-decent 5-hit would be

Note this is mostly AH gear that would be better than what you are
wearing atm, also it would require heavy sacrifices in the weaponskill set to maintain 5hit.

After you finish COP, and get more abyssea gear, this is a set
that's not too hard to get that would be much better, and
essentially allow you to ws in whatever you want.

The latter is not the best set you can get but it should be the goal you set for yourself since you don't seem to plan on making a Fudo GK anytime soon.

Also if you get the gear to 5-hit the TP bonus Keitonotachi That would be a much better choice.
[+]
By Andylynn 2011-02-18 21:16:29  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
I'd recommend you focus entirely on sea for now. You need rajas and brutal badly. Also, might be better to make a ToM GKT instead of the dominion ops.
entirely, if 5hit is a pipe dream, go for the Tpbonus keitonotachi +2. it only takes a few days of patient WSing to make, and does decent damage. do focus on that rajas, make sure you also have capped acc before TPing in an str ring. once you unlock sea get a brutal too. dont use perle feet, use fuma sune-ate, fairly cheap, 1% haste > perle.

if he does get some time under his belt, finish +1 hat, and go for ace's sabatons; 100% drop from itzpapalotl.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-18 21:18:21  
TP Bonus +100 GK is your best bet weapon-wise since it seems like he doesn't have much time to put into something like Hiraidennotachi +2 or Masamune.

Since you probably wouldn't have enough stp for a 5 Hit on 464 Delay weapon, a sword strap can be used. This will give you ~450 delay on your weapon, which is only +11 STP to reach a 6 hit after adding in your natural traits with 5/5 STP merits. Rajas, Brutal, and Ace's Sabatons (Or your +2 pants if you don't have the time to get these) will give you your 5 hit; WSing in Pants +2, Rajas, and Brutal to maintain x-hit.

Toss your Hachiman hands and Perle Hands and pick up Alky Bracelets or Pallas at the very least, and try to shoot for Heafoc (An easy drop from Ruminator). Another easy STR upgrade would be Varangian Helm from Khalamari. Easy NM you can duo with a friend.

Also try to see if he can get a pick-up Ironclad Pulverizer some time, since the SAM JSE backpiece is 100% drop, and you have a chance at getting +7 Haste pants, which are viable since you're only using a 6 hit.

[+]
 Siren.Snowe
By Siren.Snowe 2011-02-18 21:26:26  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Also try to see if he can get a pick-up Ironclad Pulverizer some time, since the SAM JSE backpiece is 100% drop, and you have a chance at getting +7 Haste pants, which are viable since you're only using a 6 hit.

This confused me, he has +2 legs, are they not better than the +7%?

Bismarck.Touvan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Touvan
By Bismarck.Touvan 2011-02-18 21:28:20  
Siren.Snowe said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

The +2 Legs only have 4% haste on them and give a 2% haste bonus when using Hasso.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-18 21:32:31  
Bismarck.Touvan said:
Siren.Snowe said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
The +2 Legs only have 4% haste on them and give a 2% haste bonus when using Hasso.
It's a comparison of 7% > ~6.5% Haste, but if you're outside of Abysse and your fSTR isn't capped, the +2 legs might actually win, I'm not 100%. But inside Abyssea, the 7% legs would win, unless you need the STP+7 from +2 legs for a 5 Hit.
 Siren.Snowe
By Siren.Snowe 2011-02-18 21:45:51  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Touvan said:
Siren.Snowe said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's a comparison of 7% > ~6.5% Haste, but if you're outside of Abysse and your fSTR isn't capped, the +2 legs might actually win, I'm not 100%. But inside Abyssea, the 7% legs would win, unless you need the STP+7 from +2 legs for a 5 Hit.

Ah. Gotcha. Glad i worked really hard on them all of yesterday lol... Maybe i'll just power through Sea for him..