/mnk Fun!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » /mnk fun!
/mnk fun!
By Serj 2011-02-24 19:51:49  
I'd say get a better healer.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 19:53:23  
Lol ~

Thats all i have to say.
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:00:27  
Also, suck less.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 20:02:55  
Trolls will troll. :)
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:05:17  
There's no reason to /mnk. Idiots will be idiots. I can understand doing it for fun, but you're trying to speak about it being optimal while tanking, when it isn't.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 20:07:28  
If you truly believe that eating 99% of hits, to have a slight haste/str/acc boost will be more efficient while Solo/duo over /mnk. Then you clearly are...... i actually dont know what to title that.

But hey, whatever you see fit.

Just dont be mad that a drg can out dmg you you. No reason be a douche about it.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-24 20:11:32  
Serj said:
There's no reason to /mnk. Idiots will be idiots. I can understand doing it for fun, but you're trying to speak about it being optimal while tanking, when it isn't.

I don't know, as long as you pick the right Atmas, /MNK is an awesome subjob, especially for NM's that are going to hit you for near their ceiling of damage anyway. I used to be a nonbeliever, but I gave it the old college try, and though definitely not for every situation, even inside Abyssea, it has its merits of use.
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:14:30  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

I don't know, as long as you pick the right Atmas, /MNK is an awesome subjob, especially for NM's that are going to hit you for near their ceiling of damage anyway. I used to be a nonbeliever, but I gave it the old college try, and though definitely not for every situation, even inside Abyssea, it has its merits of use.

Meh. I don't see the benefit outweighing the loss of changing your atmas and losing a hit or two off your x-hit. As I said in my pre-edit, you can change between seigan and hasso often due to their 1 minute exclusive recasts.
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-24 20:16:31  
There is no reason to /MNK, because if your sub is MNK, that means your main isn't, and that means you're doing something wrong.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-02-24 20:18:04  
Odin.Lowblow said:
Just dont be mad im mad and compensating

k
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-24 20:20:47  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

Problem is you have to give up better atmas to use the ones that give you +counter, which is silly when 95% of the time /SAM will do you just fine and kill whatever you're fighting faster.

The only place you should even be considering /MNK in the first place is a DD/healer duo. Once you have a second DD it becomes even more pointless.

Is /MNK doable? Yeah. Is it ever optimal? Not in any situation I can think of.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 20:21:13  
Believe me, im /sam 99% of the time and i can go /mnk and keep my 6hit easy on drg.
Swap to rose strap and carbonara. And the 80% counter rate for 500-700 dmg is so sexy.

But anyway its for solo mostly and when solo, its 100% more effecicient then /sam. :D

Try it, its fun.

Fenrir.Enternius said:
There is no reason to /MNK, because if your sub is MNK, that means your main isn't, and that means you're doing something wrong.
Funny :P

Also i only change 1 atma, A/O for RL
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:23:02  
Just let me hop right on mnk/mnk and tell you how it turns out.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 20:23:30  
Do it! Then you'd have something better to do with your time ^^
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-02-24 20:26:43  
Serj said:

Can you still do the cancel sub job trick? Or did they fix that? I remember doing it a few years back. x:
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:27:19  
Trust me, there is nothing to do with my time. This is a great outsource.
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:28:05  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Serj said:

Can you still do the cancel sub job trick? Or did they fix that? I remember doing it a few years back. x:

That crossed my mind, but I haven't seen any subjobless people in a long time. Don't think you can do it.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-24 20:28:17  
I think optimal DRG atmas would be VV/RR/AoA (VV is debatable, could probably use A/O in its place if you don't need the Regain). At best you reach 70%~ with GH and RL. With only RL you're only at around 60%.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 20:30:07  
GH is what, 5% as minor, RL is only 10%? I was fairly certain is higher.

And for regular atma's , with rhon i try to speed up my TP rate.
So i go RR, A/O, Apoc.

Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-24 20:31:30  
Pretty sure they're both 10%. I think RL is mislabelled.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 20:32:34  
I dunno. RL was a *** to unlock lol. I hope its more. I heard 20% ish.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-24 20:38:36  
Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

Meh. I don't see the benefit outweighing the loss of changing your atmas and losing a hit or two off your x-hit. As I said in my pre-edit, you can change between seigan and hasso often due to their 1 minute exclusive recasts.

The benefit is not dying. Particularly to something like Isgebind that'll just eat all your attempts to use Third Eye and Seigan with it's near-constant paralyze Aura.

Look, I'm not saying it's good all the time, hell, not even half the time, but there's a few fights where it's way better than any other sub. Another would be Lord Varney. Since he's going to knock down your third eye/shadows anyway.

An example where /MNK is absolutely stupid is Bhukis, unless you enjoy losing your Cruor buffs and getting killed by a Ruinous scythe afterwards.

I'm pretty sure Roaring Laughter is 15 or 20. It's massive I know that. It makes all the difference. DRK/MNK I maintain an 88% counter rate with GH and RL(*With counterstance obviously). It comes at a pretty hefty cost considering losing /SAM and better atmas, but Dead men swing no Caladbolgs. The difference between /MNK and /NIN is pretty negligable, basically trading a little more offensive power and less control (/MNK) over Atma of the Apocalypse (/NIN). Note that this is only in abyssea with the GH and RL atmas.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-02-24 20:45:35  
I'm 85% certain GH and RL are the same value, and that RL is mislabelled. What that value is I'm not entirely sure; I thought minor was 10% but they could both be 15% or 20%.

Edit: 88% sounds sort of high even for MNK main.
By Serj 2011-02-24 20:59:43  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

The benefit is not dying. Particularly to something like Isgebind that'll just eat all your attempts to use Third Eye and Seigan with it's near-constant paralyze Aura.

Look, I'm not saying it's good all the time, hell, not even half the time, but there's a few fights where it's way better than any other sub. Another would be Lord Varney. Since he's going to knock down your third eye/shadows anyway.

An example where /MNK is absolutely stupid is Bhukis, unless you enjoy losing your Cruor buffs and getting killed by a Ruinous scythe afterwards.

I'm pretty sure Roaring Laughter is 15 or 20. It's massive I know that. It makes all the difference. DRK/MNK I maintain an 88% counter rate with GH and RL(*With counterstance obviously). It comes at a pretty hefty cost considering losing /SAM and better atmas, but Dead men swing no Caladbolgs. The difference between /MNK and /NIN is pretty negligable, basically trading a little more offensive power and less control (/MNK) over Atma of the Apocalypse (/NIN). Note that this is only in abyssea with the GH and RL atmas.

You say Isgebind, but that's probably one of the worst nms to go /mnk to. What happens when counterstance is dispelled?

Subjobs and atmas are situational, I just see less use for /mnk other than fun and wanna-be-mnk. If mnk could benefit from /sam, the world would explode.

Also, I'm pretty sure testing on GH put it at 10%. I haven't seen anything on RL.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-24 21:18:30  
Serj said:

You say Isgebind, but that's probably one of the worst nms to go /mnk to. What happens when counterstance is dispelled?

Subjobs and atmas are situational, I just see less use for /mnk other than fun and wanna-be-mnk. If mnk could benefit from /sam, the world would explode.

Also, I'm pretty sure testing on GH put it at 10%. I haven't seen anything on RL.

Oh, that's very true, and a huge pain in the ***. Fortunately, Isgebind really doesn't use Horrid Roar very much as opposed to Gregale wing. In 20 or so I've only see 8 Horrid Roars. Also, the battle rarely takes over 5 minutes, even as a duo, so the window to have Counterstance down is fairly short. I've done it as all the Major subjobs, and myself as well as what WHM I managed to coax (Usually with promises of oral pleasures) into going agree, it's better than /NIN and /SAM.

Also, even with Counterstance dispelled, the base Counter rate isn't very bad. 1/3-1/2 attacks are still countered, leaving you hardly as vulnerable as even one paralyzed third eye.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-24 21:30:54  
Efficiency went out the window when Abyssea came out. Along with PLD and DRK
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-24 21:35:52  
Ramuh.Yarly said:
Efficiency went out the window when Abyssea came out. Along with PLD and DRK

Yeah, this part of FFXI history will be known as the "Age of the Tools" and though there have always been the bandwagoning sheep, it's infinitely more pronounced in since Abyssea.

Being a tool in real life is one thing though, it can get you a promotion, laid, and other benefits. Being a tool in game just shows you have tiny genitals.
By Serj 2011-02-24 22:26:36  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Serj said:

Oh, that's very true, and a huge pain in the ***. Fortunately, Isgebind really doesn't use Horrid Roar very much as opposed to Gregale wing. In 20 or so I've only see 8 Horrid Roars. Also, the battle rarely takes over 5 minutes, even as a duo, so the window to have Counterstance down is fairly short. I've done it as all the Major subjobs, and myself as well as what WHM I managed to coax (Usually with promises of oral pleasures) into going agree, it's better than /NIN and /SAM.

Also, even with Counterstance dispelled, the base Counter rate isn't very bad. 1/3-1/2 attacks are still countered, leaving you hardly as vulnerable as even one paralyzed third eye.

But then comes the point of, if your base counter rate is acceptable with just atmas and the 10 counter of /mnk, wouldn't you be better off just using those atmas while using hasso? Or going *gasp* /war?
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-24 22:29:47  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
I had never heard of MNK tanking till abyssea came out. If its so awesome why did no one do it?! And if they did then why are they keeping it from me? Cuz I never heard of anyone even trying to tank on MNK outside of abyssea.

My friend tanked almost everything on MNK before abyssea came out, Salvage(which is pretty much MNK tank all the time anyways), sky/sea NMs and various other NMs, etc etc.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-24 22:51:46  
Mnk main can hit 95% counter. Counter tanking by them is the main reason mnk/war kicks so much *** in abys in the first place.
I love watching a mob tripple attack back to back or somethign and see mini hundred fists lol