Better Relic Now?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Better relic now?
Better relic now?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-03 04:18:13  
hey, if they give relic ws another 25% boost, it'll match Asuran next update
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-03 04:18:24  
If you HAD to pick between apocalypse and ragnarok... ragnarok sounds like more fun!
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-03 05:56:30  
Asura.Vyre said:
Ragnarok has 3 jobs attached to it. I'd do it over Apocalypse just for that reason. Apoc at 90 isn't really so bad. LS bud has it, and even outside of Abyssea he gets up to the 1900~2k margin with Catastrophe consistently. He basically cannot die. Also one time he did a, and I kid you not, 1702 Slice. On Lamprey Lord. It was freaking hilarious.

On the other hand, I've only seen Ragnarok in the hands of dipshits with poor gear, so I honestly haven't even seen it used to its full potential. Neither have I seen it at 90. I'm being ambitious and aiming for it on Warrior, not to make myself the best, but because I like Great Swords on Warrior(*** you Paladin and your Spinning Slash utility too), and because I like the name of its attestation the best(and the damn thing keeps falling to me every time we do a Goubldfaupe whether everyone has passed or not).

So you have a choice of job flexibility, plus pretty rad damage over pretty rad damage and survivability on one job. Honestly though, and I know the OP requested not to bring them up, but if I were a DRK main I'd get Apoc and Caladbolg(it makes Ochains scream). Huzzah for getting everything on one job. >_>;

That's a very good reason for chosing Rag over Apoc imo, amd the Crit% bonus now makes it much more appealing. Long time ago I was battled between starting a Bravura or a Ragnarok, but since the GS was really terrible at 75 I opted for the GA.
Of course, now that my Dyna LS quit and my playtime shrunk for work I'm left with nothing but a handful of 100s and a lolstage 3.... :(

GL on your Rag though!
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2011-03-03 07:01:10  
Serj said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Captaincrunch has both Spharai and Verethragna, don't think he's used Spharai since completing Vere... Considering it's entirely possible to cap counter rate (80%) without Spharai in Abyssea I'm not really surprised. Counterstance + AF2 feet + merits = 65% + GH = 75%, just need 5% in gear to cap. Could drop GH and maybe some gear with Spharai, but the AGI is nice enough for tanking that you're not gaining a whole lot by that. Outside Abyssea it'll be a bit more useful, but considering how easy it is to get Smite H2H it's still pretty meh.

EDIT: Why would Final Heaven be better than HF? It doesn't get any sort of cRatio bonus.

That's a damn good point. Forgot relic ws get hosed with that.

Would spharai be enough to warrant going /war to some nms if you have decent support outside abyssea in your opinion? Or rather, would the +25-30 counter be enough to makeup not using VS /nin.

Personally don't see getting Spharai as a goal, and mnk + whm can duo verethragna to 90... Just trying to advocate some use for Spharai.

On the note of relics overall, aren't the rng relics still pretty good because of the fixed enmity values?
I still rock my 90 gun and it is hard to beat my non-hate pulling dps. Coronach is stronger than slugshot now on 90 relic so basically the only time the mob looks my way is relic dmg proc on barrage or regular /ra
 Leviathan.Zeroth
サーバ: Leviathan
user: narok
By Leviathan.Zeroth 2011-03-03 07:53:12  
Personally I'm going for Apoc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 10:26:27  
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
I still rock my 90 gun and it is hard to beat my non-hate pulling dps. Coronach is stronger than slugshot now on 90 relic so basically the only time the mob looks my way is relic dmg proc on barrage or regular /ra
Yeah I've been wanting to make one now. Not to mention the aftermath on it kinda helps ensure you don't pull hate too. Screw you bow users!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-03 10:53:54  
Serj said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Captaincrunch has both Spharai and Verethragna, don't think he's used Spharai since completing Vere... Considering it's entirely possible to cap counter rate (80%) without Spharai in Abyssea I'm not really surprised. Counterstance + AF2 feet + merits = 65% + GH = 75%, just need 5% in gear to cap. Could drop GH and maybe some gear with Spharai, but the AGI is nice enough for tanking that you're not gaining a whole lot by that. Outside Abyssea it'll be a bit more useful, but considering how easy it is to get Smite H2H it's still pretty meh.

EDIT: Why would Final Heaven be better than HF? It doesn't get any sort of cRatio bonus.

Would spharai be enough to warrant going /war to some nms if you have decent support outside abyssea in your opinion? Or rather, would the +25-30 counter be enough to makeup not using VS /nin.

Personally don't see getting Spharai as a goal, and mnk + whm can duo verethragna to 90... Just trying to advocate some use for Spharai.

On the note of relics overall, aren't the rng relics still pretty good because of the fixed enmity values?
It's nowhere near +25 counter. iirc 90 Spharai is +15, which is enough to cap you with no other gear if using Counterstance with merits and AF2 feet... On that note, wonder what the 95/99 enhancements will be since more counter would be near worthless.

It'll still be nice for the occasional NM but probably moreso as a defensive tool if ***gets really nasty rather than an opportunity to /WAR. I could be wrong though.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-03 11:09:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
Yeah I've been wanting to make one now. Not to mention the aftermath on it kinda helps ensure you don't pull hate too. Screw you bow users!
Don't give dasva a relic! The man is already crazy enough as it is, he'll start making chr builds for it to see how it influences stylishness and start making up absurd things such as fstyle and it having diminishing returns D:
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-03 11:12:16  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Serj said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

It's nowhere near +25 counter. iirc 90 Spharai is +15, which is enough to cap you with no other gear if using Counterstance with merits and AF2 feet... On that note, wonder what the 95/99 enhancements will be since more counter would be near worthless.

It'll still be nice for the occasional NM but probably moreso as a defensive tool if ***gets really nasty rather than an opportunity to /WAR. I could be wrong though.

Aside from another flat increase to the Atk/Acc bonus (since they've been rising by 5 points every 5 levels. so yay to +45 Acc on 2h weapons... lol), I'm guessing an increase in the base damage gap between Relics and the Empy/Mythic counterparts and a further boost the WS damage.

The way upgrade trials have been going, it seems to me like SE is trying to put Relics back in 1st place, followed by Mythics and then Emps.

That's highly unlikely to happen for most of them though, unless they literally redo the math over Relic WS mods and their additional effects. They also need to raise the cap on stuff like Haste, Atk, MDT, PDT and so on.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-03 11:20:57  
I was referring to the Counter enhancement on Spharai. Since its benefit is essentially maximized on the 90 Spharai, any further enhancements in that department would have to either break the counter rate cap or provide benefits outside of counter rate to be useful.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 11:23:49  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
Don't give dasva a relic! The man is already crazy enough as it is, he'll start making chr builds for it to see how it influences stylishness and start making up absurd things such as fstyle and it having diminishing returns D:
Chr affects emnity didn't you know?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-03-03 11:26:45  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
Right, and seeing as how you're out of range of most things this would be the ideal set to shoot in while waiting for snapshot to proc
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-03 11:27:39  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I was referring to the Counter enhancement on Spharai. Since its benefit is essentially maximized on the 90 Spharai, any further enhancements in that department would have to either break the counter rate cap or provide benefits outside of counter rate to be useful.

Kinda like They made the MDT better on Aegis.... SE Doesn't care if their "enhancements" are useful or not. Seems to be more this is what you are getting deal with it.

*EDIT*
Although they could increase Spharai Counter rate to go high enough to not need counterstance. Now that would be wicked awesome.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-03 11:35:28  
Just watch lvl 99 Relic weapons become the non Abyssea and Atma free God Mode button.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 11:36:55  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
Right, and seeing as how you're out of range of most things this would be the ideal set to shoot in while waiting for snapshot to proc
But of course

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 11:46:35  
Relic ws all have conserve tp +20 and enhances conserve tp to save you all of it.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-03 11:47:33  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Just watch lvl 99 Relic weapons become the non Abyssea and Atma free God Mode button.
yup "Mythic weapons can equip up to 3 atma at all times, Relic owners can equip 2 atma and emps can equip 1."
I can imagine and would enjoy lol

No no no, it's Relic > Mythic > Emps

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Relic ws all have conserve tp +20 and enhances conserve tp to save you all of it.

Hr hr hr >:D

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-03 13:15:29  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
yup "Mythic weapons can equip up to 3 atma at all times, Relic owners can equip 2 atma and emps can equip 1."
I can imagine and would enjoy lol

No no no, it's Relic > Mythic > Emps
you think Relics are harder to get than Mythics? rrrrrr?

Nope, but relics hold the "eldest ultimate weapon" status :P

Task wise, mythics are harder just because they require goals from multiple forgotten events VS Dynamis onry.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 13:22:12  
Of course alot of the mythic requirements are already done by alot of people for other reasons
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Voido
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: voido
By Carbuncle.Voido 2011-06-09 00:48:22  
Two things that i want for Ragnarok

Job ability like sneak attack but for the front for drk...60 second timer ~ this would allow us to get full benifits of rr in aby.

Scourge after math to boost crit damage not crit %. ~ maybe around 20% damage +
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-09 03:05:22  
ya...that'll never happen lol