フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Bale Gauntlets: Enhances Absorb-TP effect
Bale Gauntlets: Enhances Absorb-TP effect
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2011-03-04 15:04:18  
I haven't been able to find any testing on the effect. I had assumed it maybe added a base amount of TP to the amount absorbed or added a multiplier. I haven't seen anything to affirm either of those. Is it maybe just a m.acc bonus?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 01:21:14  
From the little I know/heard of, as they added the gauntlets, along with their "enhance effect", SE also gimped the overall effect on Absorb-TP.
I wouldn't be too surprised if the effect gave pretty much the same results as the pre-update spell did, as proof of how DRK is constantly being castrated over time.
It is plausible though to believe SE is trying to force DRK to specialize on its own spells by "working" on JSE gear such as the Vampire set and so on, so who knows.
I could, and I hope to, be wrong, as I haven't been online for about a month and woldn't mind popin a SE every now and then :P
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-05 01:42:09  
Absorb-TP was gimped yea, pre update it used to absorb 50% of a mobs TP, now its less.

I'm not sure what the gloves do, you could test it out in Ballista or something on a Samurai with 100TP after a meditate see how much TP is stolen.

I'd test it out myself but just quit and gave my toon away to a friend.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-05 01:50:49  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Absorb-TP was gimped yea, pre update it used to absorb 50% of a mobs TP, now its less.

I'm not sure what the gloves do, you could test it out in Ballista or something on a Samurai with 100TP after a meditate see how much TP is stolen.

Why!!!
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 01:52:20  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I should probably unquit and test it out myself, as I'm one of the few DRKs who know how to play the job, have a Caladbolg to boast that Empy WS DMG and are respected by the forum community

Fixed it for ya ;)

Edit: Sorry 'bout the double post, I'm tired as hell.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 01:55:06  
Maybe they gimped it because you can now use it as a lvl 90whatever/drk and gave gloves as away to keep it good on drk? Especially since other jobs can use trial staffs or HQ to boost them
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 01:59:36  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe they gimped it because you can now use it as a lvl 90whatever/drk and gave gloves as away to keep it good on drk?

I would honestly like to think that 138 Drk Magic Skill doesn't compare to 354 Skill from a DRK main.... Considering it's SE though, I'm probably being naive...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 02:02:17  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe they gimped it because you can now use it as a lvl 90whatever/drk and gave gloves as away to keep it good on drk?
I would honestly like to think that 138 Drk Magic Skill doesn't compare to 354 Skill from a DRK main.... Considering it's SE though, I'm probably being naive...
Sure but I was thinking more like rdm sch or blm. Especailly with +dark gear and being able to use HQ or even trial staffs. Maybe didn't want your mages taking all the mobs tp... especially with as little as you can feed now
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-05 02:08:05  
Odin.Sheelay said:
From the little I know/heard of, as they added the gauntlets, along with their "enhance effect", SE also gimped the overall effect on Absorb-TP.
I wouldn't be too surprised if the effect gave pretty much the same results as the pre-update spell did, as proof of how DRK is constantly being castrated over time.
99% sure this is exactly what happened. iirc Kirschy tested it a while ago, data's on KI somewhere and I believe there's a link to said testing in an older thread here somewhere.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 02:09:15  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sure but I was thinking more like rdm sch or blm. Especailly with +dark gear and being able to use HQ or even trial staffs. Maybe didn't want your mages taking all the mobs tp... especially with as little as you can feed now

The problem is, what's left of DRk, if all they do is keep on gimping his abilities and forcing him through extreme specialization just to have his native JAs and Spells work like they should.

You're probably right, but on the other side, you know how extreme specialization leads to greater weaknesses or extinction (I think that's the sum of it in English)

Inb4 this turning to yet another (now justified more than ever) DRK QQ thread.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-05 02:11:30  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Why!!!
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I should probably unquit and test it out myself, as I'm one of the few DRKs who know how to play the job, have a Caladbolg to boast that Empy WS DMG and are respected by the forum community

Fixed it for ya ;)

Been rly bored w/ FF lately haven't been wanting to play idk, I'm AFK 90% of the time too. That and it was in the way of IRL for a while, havent realy done much since getting out of the Marines other than FF honestly, I feel like its time to move on x:

I get paid to go to school and all bc of GI benefits but think its time to find an actual job tho <.<

ilu guys tho <3
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 02:11:50  
Besides you got occult accumen now!!!
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 02:18:30  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Why!!!
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Fixed it for ya ;)

Been rly bored w/ FF lately haven't been wanting to play idk, I'm AFK 90% of the time too. That and it was in the way of IRL for a while, havent realy done much since getting out of the Marines other than FF honestly, I feel like its time to move on x:

I get paid to go to school and all bc of GI benefits but think its time to find an actual job tho <.<

ilu guys tho <3

D'awwww ;_:

Now I wish there was a small-pill FFXI version so you could still enjoy the game without dumping that much time into it whilst still achieving goals... so you could still play and not feel like it was such a huge time sink.

***, that sounded like a drug addict asking for a small shot rather than having to quit to any dosage.

Enjoy everything IRL bro! :D
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-05 02:19:52  
Ty :3
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-03-05 08:37:25  
I haven't got bale gauntlets +1 yet but I haven't noticed change in absorb-tp.
I still get absorbs upto as high as 95 tp I thought it was just about timing.

[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-05 09:59:43  
Eyeballing is pro (Mobs can have more than 100 TP too).

Just because a mob hits 100 TP does not mean they are going to use a TP move.

Its not till around 35% HP that a mob will use TP more frequently once they hit 100%.
[+]
 Fenrir.Momohko
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-05 10:05:27  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Thats why you dont wave back to me in game :< /cryface T.T
 Lakshmi.Seoha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-05 10:14:59  
We should all make a "Please come back Gradd" thread >;3

Also, I'm inb4 another DRK QQ thread.
Wish SE would help us out, one way or another... getting kinda (lawlz the irony) emo over this whole DRK issue now.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-05 10:19:54  
I second the Come back Gradd idea.

Last time I was on DRK I was fooling around DWing axes.
***'s funny when you pop SE and watch your HP take a nose dive, but hitting some 3.6 K or so when lucky also feels good, 'til I hop back on my WAR <3
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-05 10:45:56  
I can relate to Gradd... it has been a very disappointing half year that my favorite job is pretty much the laughing stock of the game. I do all I can to boost it to perfection (emp GS, gears etc etc) yet it is sad to see a random ninja with WoE katana do 4k blade hi regularly while also able to tank perfectly. I can't remember the last time I had fun playing drk inside abyssea. I actually got more kick out of doing outland dynamis, einherjar etc etc as drk. At the very least I can see what those other jobs can do outside without the 95% critical hit rate and dream that one day we will be out of abyssea and everything will be normal again. SE better give us something decent next update or else I don't know how much longer I want to play this game. Balance of jobs is the bottom line, slightly out of balance is fine, but when 90% of the game content is a place where one job is 300% more useful than the other, then it is time to say goodbye.
By Serj 2011-03-05 10:48:08  
Lakshmi.Seoha said:
We should all make a "Please come back Gradd" thread >;3

I support this notion.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2011-03-05 10:58:08  
Least DRK has some useful stuff like a exclusive weaponskill and the ability to cover a large amount of reds. As for DMG with Torcleaver i can consistantly do 2-3k Torcleavers and 4-6k with THF sub :).

I do agree DRK needs more but it's not bad job by along way.
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-03-05 11:04:37  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Eyeballing is pro (Mobs can have more than 100 TP too).

Just because a mob hits 100 TP does not mean they are going to use a TP move.

Its not till around 35% HP that a mob will use TP more frequently once they hit 100%.

Yes true. Sorry what I was trying to say maybe the gloves make it so you can absorb more than 100tp. I don't know about anyone else but I have never absorbed over that.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-05 11:17:13  
Hey gradd
I'm sorry to hear man but hell your doing it for the better good luck. See ya on AIM when ever I pop in lol (Not alot lately :S)

Gonna miss ya.
 Ifrit.Nikashi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Nikashi
By Ifrit.Nikashi 2011-03-05 11:27:58  
Asura.Masekase said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Eyeballing is pro (Mobs can have more than 100 TP too). Just because a mob hits 100 TP does not mean they are going to use a TP move. Its not till around 35% HP that a mob will use TP more frequently once they hit 100%.
Yes true. Sorry what I was trying to say maybe the gloves make it so you can absorb more than 100tp. I don't know about anyone else but I have never absorbed over that.

With Nether Void and/or Dark Seal, I've pulled over 100TP before. It's only happened a few times, but I've done it. XD
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-03-05 12:01:36  
Maybe I have high standard or maybe I am used to seeing my WS damage be comparable to other jobs. 2-3k torcleaver is ok, I do about the same with torcleaver, but like I said, when MNK, DRG, WAR, NIN consistently do 3-5k WS, that's not too much fun. It isn't bad, but my expectation is to keep up with the others, especially when I am pretty much perfectly geared, perfectly knowledges on the mechanic of the game, and perfectly utilized with spellcast. As far as red !! goes, anything DRK can cover a WAR or a NIN can cover plus more, not to mention doing a better job at either tanking or damage dealing department. It isn't bad again, but I expect to be equally useful. Drk, drg, sam, war pre abyssea were all about the same, you can rep one with another of the same quality of player and don't feel much. Can't say the same about now. Yes, you can go as Drk and do stuff, like I usually go Drk/mnk and tank like a pro, but there is still a big difference on the damage output. And anyone who knows me knows my Drk isn't chop liver to begin with, but it doesn't take a genius to see the difference. The fact my OAT polearm DRG (I know it is the best weapon for DRG etc etc) with slightly above standard gears (af3+2 body, some af3+1s, capped haste, 5 hit build etc etc, standard stuff), can out damage my perfectly geared drk without breaking a sweat in abyssea is telling.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-05 12:15:30  
But in this case Returner, OAT Corseca makes DRG (a bit gimp or not) one of the strongest (if not the strongest, I dunno) jobs in abyssea.
Not only THAT polearm has a 502 delay, okay damage, OAT... but put together Spirit / Soul Jump WITH Drakesbane and you'll have so much DMG in such a period of time...

Besides, if a perfect geared DRG (i.e. one who can 5 hit the Corseca) is using that weapon, then it's EVEN stronger.

The DRG reference in your post is not a good reference, because as it is (simply because of Drakesbane) DRG will outDD us by miles thanks to RR, VV, Corseca, Jumps... etc.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-05 12:17:11  
Almace blu is clearly where it's at... does torcleaver really only do 2-3k? Cause I'm pretty sure lolvorpal blade does better than that in abyssea
 Lakshmi.Seoha
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-05 12:18:18  
Get your BLU outa the DRK forums you freak!!!! D:
First Page 2