TP Gear Help.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » TP gear help.
TP gear help.
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-12 12:09:39  
I have 2 different gear sets I can use on drg one a 5 hit with 22% haste and the other is 26% haste and a different weapon with much more damage.

5hit. (Stingray is StoreTP version)

6hit.

Any help is appreciated..thanks in advance.

If I think of anything else I missed I'll edit.

Edit: I don't have Af3+1/2 Body yet i'm 6/10 and they just won't put out for me.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-12 12:20:42  
Can swap out Brisk Mask and Bullwhip for AF3+2 and Goading Belt.

No clue if that makes the set worth using though, I'm no DRG.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-12 12:54:36  
Im fairly certain your 2nd build is missing 5 stp for a 6hit with /sam.
Throw on askar body or something until you finish your +1 drg body for that set.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-12 13:26:53  
Odin.Lowblow said:
Throw on askar body or something until you finish your +1 drg body for that set.
Oooh interesting I didnt even look at that. I'm at work and for some reason I can't get FFXI Calc to load. And I can either use Askar/Bullwhip or Timarli/Goading
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-12 13:39:37  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Odin.Lowblow said:
Oooh interesting I didnt even look at that. I'm at work and for some reason I can't get FFXI Calc to load. And I can either use Askar/Bullwhip or Timarli/Goading

This is what I want to aim for. (No rose strap atm)

I need-
Timarli Dastanas (No Luck- Currently use Dusk)
Goading belt (0/3 With Blue proc WTF Currently use Brisk/Bullwhip)
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-12 13:45:57  
I have Goading and Rose. But if I add just rose I'd be 1 stp away from 6hit.

But I forgot the original reason why I posted in the first place.

Which in the end would be better.

Option #1 with 5 hit

or

Option #2 assuming I fix it and add 5stp more and 6 hit it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-12 14:04:33  
Option 2 with a Hoard Ring, Almah Torque or White Tathlum.

EDIT: or Chiv Chain
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-12 23:22:20  
I believe this is pretty much the best 6hit you can make.
Its what i currently use.
I might change to a 5hit. But im not sure if i like the Haste loss.

4% augment on legs btw.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-13 00:00:37  

My TP set, not the greatest, but 6 hit, 25% haste. Cheap, affordable, and just a little bit of work to put in.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-13 00:27:51  
Odin.Lowblow said:
I believe this is pretty much the best 6hit you can make.
Its what i currently use.
I might change to a 5hit. But im not sure if i like the Haste loss.

4% augment on legs btw.
Use white talthum, hoard ring, Almah Torque, and aces feet and Zelus Tiara and you will have 26% haste and +44 store tp /sam. That puts you only 6.2 tp shy of a 5 hit build assuming minimal store tp in your ws set and only 1 hit on your ws. Assuming VV you are probably regaining that. Or the store tp food would put you only 1 tp away if you ws'd in a decent amount. Rose strap might be an idea too

For the non empyrean users you'd easily make that up on the extra hits of drakesbane unless you super wiffed lol.
 Shiva.Cerderic
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 20:59:20  
This may be common knowledge to all of you, but with Soul Jump and Spirit Jump you can break the #-hit STP needed by 3%.
If you have anything with 5 more more STP you don't fulltime, swap it in for your jumps (or at least the initial 2). Since they return 5-hits worth of TP, you get 3% more than you normally would have. I generally equip Askar Korazin for jumps just for this reason.
The significance of this is that drakesbane returns 3% extra TP from the other 3 hits. If all 4 hits aren't landing you'll end with less than 100%, but between Conserve TP and the TP you'll get by swapping on that 5 STP for the following jumps you should be hitting 100-103% pretty comfortably. A moonshade earring with regain can easily fix any missed drakesbane hits as well.
I may need to recalculate, but I believe with the empyrean feet that grant more TP for a jump, you can do this trick by only swapping 1 more STP (on both jumps) than your TP gear. My recommendation there would be Chiv Chain.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-14 21:15:35  
best possible 5hit TP set:

OAT wipes the floor with DRG Empyrean Weapon or any other polearm for that matter.

Baby blobs are some kind of evil cockblock though.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 21:24:04  
Phoenix.Mogue said:

OAT wipes the floor with DRG Empyrean Weapon or any other polearm for that matter.

Occ hits twice was my original goal, and I have a friend that uses it. Assuming it's ~45% like joyeuse, yes the DPS blows everything but relic out of the water. However, according to my sources (not first hand obviously) it doesn't proc on WSs. Meaning you'll be pulling out that low (~60% compared to something else) DMG WS.
Another issue, is that you've got a ~45% chance to go over your #-hit, which is a bit more noticeable compared to some DA equip or whatever you're used to.
I personally got the Double Attack polearm and it has efficiently increased my damage output in all aspects. With /WAR and the rest of my gear I'm getting ~25% DA on a pretty swell DMG weapon. It's definitely worth the work compared to those damn VNMs.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-14 21:36:52  
DMG matters less on Drakesbane than you'd expect because it's a high WSC WS.
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-14 22:04:02  
Phoenix.Mogue said:

Another note: You can throw out 5 STP from that set, if you're willing to swap in the 5 STP in your jump macros.
Since Drakesbane gives 3% extra (if all hits land), you only need to hit 97% TP. To get 100% initially (Before your first Drakesbane) You can swap on 5 STP on your Jump macros that you don't use on your TP build, which in total will return 3% more.
With the Empyrean feet, I believe you only need 1 more STP in jumps to reach 100%, but i think you're including that in your set.
with your set and /SAM you're only hitting 99% after 5-hits, so I'm assuming you're including that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Shaddix
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Shaddix 2011-03-17 01:07:50  

This is my current 5 hit /SAM (without food) while keeping 26% haste, 4% haste augment on the Breeches.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 01:30:24  
Shiva.Cerderic said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

Another note: You can throw out 5 STP from that set, if you're willing to swap in the 5 STP in your jump macros.
Since Drakesbane gives 3% extra (if all hits land), you only need to hit 97% TP. To get 100% initially (Before your first Drakesbane) You can swap on 5 STP on your Jump macros that you don't use on your TP build, which in total will return 3% more.
With the Empyrean feet, I believe you only need 1 more STP in jumps to reach 100%, but i think you're including that in your set.
with your set and /SAM you're only hitting 99% after 5-hits, so I'm assuming you're including that.
He's probably including a VV tic given that you'll be WSing far more often than you jump and a Spirit/Soul Jump is quite likely to get you to 100+ TP with OAT anyway.

Saying that it's the number 1 polearm is close but not quite true though. Better than Gungnir perhaps, haven't mathed it of late but given the high base damage that's so prevalent these days I could see it... Empyrean for the time being yes, since its aftermath requires giving up your crit WS... Mythic though would take the top spot.
 Ifrit.Creaucent
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Creaucent
By Ifrit.Creaucent 2011-03-22 12:51:25  

This is my TP set atm, need to upgrade the belt but i do have a Rose strap and Ace's Sabatons that i could use instead for more STP.

Blitzers are haste+3% DA+2%.
Ruby Earring is str+2 int+1 att+2.
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-22 13:44:53  
Ifrit.Creaucent said:

This is my TP set atm, need to upgrade the belt but i do have a Rose strap and Ace's Sabatons that i could use instead for more STP.

Blitzers are haste+3% DA+2%.
Ruby Earring is str+2 int+1 att+2.
Shoot for +2 feet/head maybe a blitz also what are the stats on that polearm sTp?
 Bismarck.Hbar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lumos
By Bismarck.Hbar 2011-03-22 13:47:34  
If you have a SCH in your pt, ask them to cast Adloquium on you too.
That is, if they already have that spell to cast on you.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 13:50:03  
Currently polearms probably go

Mythic > OaT >~ Gungnir > Rhongomiant > Vougier's > stuff.

OaT vs Gungnir (vs Rhongomiant) is difficult to math out due to many varying factors. I believe Rhongo should be behind those two though since lolCamlann's etc (unless you can "abuse" ODD somehow).
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-22 13:54:21  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Currently polearms probably go

Mythic > OaT >~ Gungnir > Rhongomiant > Vougier's > stuff.

OaT vs Gungnir (vs Rhongomiant) is difficult to math out due to many varying factors. I believe Rhongo should be behind those two though since lolCamlann's etc (unless you can "abuse" ODD somehow).
I'm willing to go with that lineup i think gungnir just nudges ahead of emp on base dmg alone :S
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-22 14:01:28  
Inside abyssea the Rhong does better then people expect. With the Atma Tripple attack rate and crit rate/dmg.

People really do under estimate it.

Imo inside abys it would be Mythic>Rhong>Oat

Outside Mythic > Oat > Rong

I should finish up my oat too. Sitting @ like 4/10 blobs. little *** made me lose hope oooooh so long ago.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-22 14:01:28  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Currently polearms probably go Mythic > OaT >~ Gungnir > Rhongomiant > Vougier's > stuff. OaT vs Gungnir (vs Rhongomiant) is difficult to math out due to many varying factors. I believe Rhongo should be behind those two though since lolCamlann's etc (unless you can "abuse" ODD somehow).
I'm willing to go with that lineup i think gungnir just nudges ahead of emp on base dmg alone :S
On dmg alone? There is a 1 base dmg difference in favor of Gungnir which isnt much. ODD on the other hand in long fights I'd think owns the living crap out of Relic :V, especially after Camlann's Drakesbane SC combo.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 14:04:24  
I was making the assumption that Gungnir DEF down would help somewhat (though not when it overwrites my delicious Angons) in a multiple-enemy structure event.

Obviously if the accuracy is doing anything for some weiiird reason Gungnir should be easy top bar none.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-22 14:07:46  
Wafflechan said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Currently polearms probably go Mythic > OaT >~ Gungnir > Rhongomiant > Vougier's > stuff. OaT vs Gungnir (vs Rhongomiant) is difficult to math out due to many varying factors. I believe Rhongo should be behind those two though since lolCamlann's etc (unless you can "abuse" ODD somehow).
On dmg alone? There is a 1 base dmg difference in favor of Gungnir which isnt much. ODD on the other hand in long fights I'd think owns the living crap out of Relic :V, especially after Camlann's Drakesbane SC combo.
i know a few gungnir players ill see how emp holds up against it .
And i never said lolcamlann's i have the thing it's still a rly good high dmg polearm
By Wafflechan 2011-03-22 14:09:26  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I was making the assumption that Gungnir DEF down would help somewhat (though not when it overwrites my delicious Angons) in a multiple-enemy structure event. Obviously if the accuracy is doing anything for some weiiird reason Gungnir should be easy top bar none.
Gungnir is only a 17% def drop compared to a 20% with angon, it doesn't really help it much if Rhongo user can just angon said monster. Is the proc rate on the hidden 2.5x dmg/def drop consistant enough to make it topple ODD?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 14:11:51  
Gungnir has 2.5x damage procs fulltime. Skillchains will likely be interrupted at least some of the time if there's another DD on the NM and afaik you can only reliably self-SC with those weapons by use of Meditate, Sekkanoki, and Soul Jump (maybe Spirit now that you can 5-hit but a whiffed melee hit and you're out of luck) so you're only going to have ODD up when a timer for one of those abilities is up. That's... a bit less than half the time. ~12% ODD vs ~8% 2.5x damage procs isn't huge and I'd be willing to concede the advantage to Gungnir in any situation where you can't freely self-SC or where the defense down procs would be a factor.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 14:12:23  
Wafflechan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I was making the assumption that Gungnir DEF down would help somewhat (though not when it overwrites my delicious Angons) in a multiple-enemy structure event. Obviously if the accuracy is doing anything for some weiiird reason Gungnir should be easy top bar none.
Gungnir is only a 17% def drop compared to a 20% with angon, it doesn't really help it much if Rhongo user can just angon said monster. Is the proc rate on the hidden 2.5x dmg/def drop consistant enough to make it topple ODD?
Need 2 DRG to keep Angon up fulltime though.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-22 14:15:13  
And that's assuming you fight only 1-2 monsters in the 3 minute timeframe too.
First Page 2 3