TP Gear Help.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » TP gear help.
TP gear help.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 14:16:46  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
And that's assuming you fight only 1-2 monsters in the 3 minute timeframe too.
^On this note, if you're fighting fodder ***Rhongiomant probably loses by default because you won't be able to self-SC at all.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-22 14:21:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
And that's assuming you fight only 1-2 monsters in the 3 minute timeframe too.
^On this note, if you're fighting fodder ***Rhongiomant probably loses by default because you won't be able to self-SC at all.
On the other hand, if you are fighting fodder, you're just going to near one shot it with drakesbane anyways, 1 damage isnt going to make a diff, acc is lol, and Rhongo's vit is useless, kind of makes them look even there. I don't think it should matter on fodder, should only matter what is better in [Long Time] fights. I.E. NMs drg can actually tank on, etc. And that is where I think ODD+selflightaftermath > Def down.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 14:23:16  
My point was that you'd never use Camlann's in such a situation and thus Rhongiomant doesn't even have ODD going for it in such a situation. The fact that you're 1shotting ***with Drakes is why you're not self-SCing, I figured that didn't need to be explicitly stated.
 Bahamut.Phix
サーバ: Bahamut
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-22 14:25:24  
All i use rhongo for is aftermath its rare i self sc as i would rather have a 300tp duration but thats me .
Tp gain isnt much of an issue so
By Wafflechan 2011-03-22 14:27:22  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
My point was that you'd never use Camlann's in such a situation and thus Rhongiomant doesn't even have ODD going for it in such a situation. The fact that you're 1shotting ***with Drakes is why you're not self-SCing, I figured that didn't need to be explicitly stated.
To me, you made it seem as if Rhongo loses out to Gungnir (to agree with Raen saying Gungnir pulls out ahead) just because you couldn't make full use of the ODD. And I thought I was obvious that in places it does matter, that the ODD + an angon every few mins > in my opinion, Gungnir + its add/hidden effects.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 14:35:25  
Wafflechan said:
To me, you made it seem as if Rhongo loses out to Gungnir (to agree with Raen saying Gungnir pulls out ahead) just because you couldn't make full use of the ODD.
Well, yeah... a weapon with lower base damage and no useful offensive stats is going to be weaker than a weapon with higher base damage and 2.5x damage procs.

Quote:
And I thought I was obvious that in places it does matter, that the ODD + an angon every few mins > in my opinion, Gungnir + its add/hidden effects.
You say this like Angon is up fulltime and you can't use Angon with Gungnir. Yes Gungnir will overwrite, but it doesn't activate on every hit and unless you actually bring 2 DRG to everything for some reason there will be times when Angon is down.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-22 14:41:10  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Ya and in this case none of the weapons are special. lol

Each seems to have its own advantage in different situations.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-22 14:43:45  
Quote:
Well, yeah... a weapon with lower base damage and no useful offensive stats is going to be weaker than a weapon with higher base damage and 2.5x damage procs.

1. It's 1 base damage at 90, that is not much of a significant difference in terms of Drakesbane during exp fodder.

2. lolaccuracy. Neither has beneficial melee stats when in Abyss especially with RR/cruor buffs.

Quote:
The fact that you're 1shotting ***with Drakes is why you're not self-SCing, I figured that didn't need to be explicitly stated.
When it doesn't matter the numbers are probably going to be similar if not the same, and when it does matter, you can use / abuse the ODD + AF3 set bonus.

Quote:
You say this like Angon is up fulltime and you can't use Angon with Gungnir. Yes Gungnir will overwrite, but it doesn't activate on every hit and unless you actually bring 2 DRG to everything for some reason there will be times when Angon is down.
Nowhere did I say it was full time, I explicitly said every few minutes. Occasional procs doesnt sound like it would be enough for the def down/2.5x strikes to even match ODD + set bonus, and this is my opinion, until someone has numbers to prove me incorrect.

I believe Rhongo is superior to Gungnir by quite a bit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-22 15:02:00  
Wafflechan said:
1. It's 1 base damage at 90, that is not much of a significant difference in terms of Drakesbane during exp fodder.
Still better.

Quote:
2. lolaccuracy. Neither has beneficial melee stats when in Abyss especially with RR/cruor buffs.
Where did I even bring up accuracy?

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that you're 1shotting ***with Drakes is why you're not self-SCing, I figured that didn't need to be explicitly stated.
and when it does matter, you can use / abuse the ODD + AF3 set bonus.
I covered how often you can do this and the limitations involved.

Quote:
Nowhere did I say it was full time, I explicitly said every few minutes.
Every second Gungnir procs are active where Angon wouldn't be is an advantage for Gungnir, especially with multiple melee involved.

Quote:
Occasional procs doesnt sound like it would be enough for the def down/2.5x strikes to even match ODD + set bonus, and this is my opinion, until someone has numbers to prove me incorrect.
AF3 set bonus is applicable to both weapons and thus should not be mentioned only with Rhongiomant, if at all. If ODD was active fulltime then yes, Empyrean pulls ahead (which is potentially viable when we leave Abyssea). But it's not right now; it'll be active ~40% of the time in practice unless you're starting with 300 TP or frequently waiting on repop timers and thus allowing your JAs to tick back down to 0. In a sustained fight Gungnir will be ahead; it's only if you can start the fight with a high-TP Camlann's for extended aftermath duration and then unload all your JAs and kill the mob quickly that Rhongiomant would be ahead by any margin.
 Alexander.Ikutaki
サーバ: Alexander
user: Ikutaki
By Alexander.Ikutaki 2011-03-23 12:45:53  
So I'm thinking about finishing up my DRG soon (it's at 72 atm) and I was looking for some advice. I'm not too keen on the nuances of 2H and STP. DRG would be my only 2 hander so I'm a bit new to this stuff. Sorry if I kind of come off noobish here.

Basically I've made 2 sets, one which would be easily attainable as sort of a starter set and then a second goal set. Any advice you guys could give to try and improve the sets would be great. Ultimately I'm trying to go with 5hit /SAM setup. From my understanding reading the threads here that would require +36 STP on gear. So this is what I've come up with.

Starter/Easily Obtainable

Goal Set

Any help would be greatly appreciated here.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-24 16:53:14  
The 2nd set is what. 5 hit? or a 6hit /war?
 Alexander.Ikutaki
サーバ: Alexander
user: Ikutaki
By Alexander.Ikutaki 2011-03-24 17:15:52  
Odin.Lowblow said:
The 2nd set is what. 5 hit? or a 6hit /war?

Should be a 5 hit /SAM.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-04-25 10:15:40  
Currently leveling DRG, had a quick question.

Was reading through and it was mentioned that the OAT polearm is very good, would that be the +40 dmg OAT, or the 2-4 hit OAT?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-25 10:16:42  
The Baby Blob one!
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-04-26 20:37:15  
just fyi, I tested the Def down on Gungnir a while back on multiple charmed players the Def down is actually 19.7%, not 17%, dunno where someone got that number. But oh wells.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-26 20:46:39  
Given that, we can toss that issue vs Angon right out the window. That would put the precise value at 101/512 I think, Angon likely being the same.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Nobusagi
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Nobusagi
By Carbuncle.Nobusagi 2011-05-29 21:28:21  
This is my current TP set:

If I did my math right, it's a 5 hit when /SAM. I'm quite proud of all the work I put into it considering my DRG was only level 2 a couple months ago. It's way more fun to play then I originally thought it might be, and my whole setup looks diesel as hell. I just wish the feet weren't going to be total butt to try and upgrade. As for the Heed Ring, I think I'm okay with not spending the money on a Blitz Ring and going without 1 haste. I would like to eventually get Timarli Dastanas to replace my Dusk Gloves on DRG, and I'll eventually get a Love Torque anyways for my THF.

Anyways, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear them.
By mrbusko 2011-05-29 21:45:00  
Ace's Hose and a Blitz Ring instead of the Heed Ring would be better. Someone else can give more advice aside from those 2. Oh and you won't need that Kemas Earring generally or at all.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-05-29 22:02:02  
Camlecac + accursed, you don't have a 5hit there anyway.
Might want to try claymore grip instead and use RR/SS/Apoc
Blitz Ring would be better too.

accursed belt assuming the rumor of having to kill a certain number of mobs before the hidden effect goes away is true, if not then aces+blitz+goading obviously.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-31 10:59:29  
Asura.Leonlionheart said:
accursed belt assuming the rumor of having to kill a certain number of mobs before the hidden effect goes away is true, if not then aces+blitz+goading obviously.

O.O

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-20 20:19:52  

How's this look? Alternative I've come up with would be Chiv Chain + Atilla + Hoard Ring to allow Atheling Mantle.

I may have calculated it wrong but I -think- that's a 5-hit? D:
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-20 20:50:43  
should be ok with just hoard if you land one extra hit on drakes i think, assuming ws in +2 body/rajas/brutal.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-07 21:36:15  
By Atilla do you mean Attila's Earring? If so DRG can't wear that.

However, if you used... Thew Bomblet, Hoard Ring, and Atheling with the current gear you do have. You have a 5 hit. Assuming your Drakes lands 21% TP return which in most cases it should.

You can also simplify your build by using a Moonshade Earring with Tp Regain +1. You could actually vastly remove certain pieces of gear in order to hit a nice 100~ IE using Blitz Ring instead of Hoard puts you at: 77.2 TP within 4 hits, + 21 = 98, 2 tics which you'd EASILY get would leave you at 100.

Secondly using Lancer's Head +2 would also be a better option at that point. With the changes stated above not only are you back in a nice amount of attack, you're at a near ideal build for this type of set up. you lose 1.3% haste, and gain: 72ATK or so, and 3% DA.

Edit: Also consider the fact that you will gain additional TP from our Conserve TP trait quite often, as well from our Spirit and Soul Jumps with Wyvern out. If you incorporate these into a build, you'll find that a 5 hit on DRG is a lot easier to obtain than you think without sacrificing tons of gear regardless of polearm delay.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-07 21:53:38  
Regain is tricky with OAT DRG, especially with jumps. Relying on two ticks doesn't seem like a good idea at all to me. I'd just go with Hoard Ring and Almah Torque instead of Tactical tbh, and swap in Calmecac Trousers for Homam.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-07-07 21:53:41  
Almah torque would be a better way to get some STP.
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-07-08 08:28:20  
Yes, Almah Torque is one of the less sacrifice piece for STP.

In addition, you should try to get the augmented Bestia Breeches from trophy in abyssea. 4% haste is not common but if you keep trying you will get one eventually. It beats almost all options and is essentially free.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2011-07-10 03:32:21  

Minus the body not being +2 is this the best tp set you can have? (this is what I am using atm)
Major change would be ace's hose and mars's ring?(i dont have either of those lol) to blitz ring and calmecac trousers.
It should come down to 20 attack vs 2 double att 2 triple attack and -6 acc

Also is there an updated best ws set?

I guess the earring should be changed to Aesir ear pendant too.
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-07-10 04:33:47  
Rancor collar (acc +6, critical hit rate +5%) instead of the love torque imo
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-07-10 05:03:22  
Bismarck.Gael said: