OA4 GK 5 Hit Build... Thoughts And Suggestions?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
First Page 2 3 4
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 14:13:32  
After having my jaw dropped talking to the magian moogle when Heroes launched, I started working on a build, and have put this together so far:

This is with the Occasionally Attacks 2-4 times version.

I realize some of those pieces are kinda gimp, I'm working on it, so no point flaming me about them...

Ultimately, I'm aiming for this:

I've tried it out some, and I've been very impressed with the results. With enough haste, it consistently(>50%) allows for self-skillchaining with auto-attacks alone.

Anyone have any suggestions on pieces for the finished set? I'm sure there's something better, at least for that empty ring slot, and maybe an earring worth getting? Or etc.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-16 14:16:43  
uh huh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-16 14:18:49  
Actually, consistent self SC'ing, if you're correct, could be pretty lethal if you can mirror SCs. That seems extremely difficult without Relic tier weapons however. If you could find a rotation that always creates a SC, you should parse the added damage off of the SC, and post some results.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 14:24:06  
Get a Masamune.

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kittyhawk
サーバ: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-03-16 14:27:39  
I'm no SAM, but I'd imagine the grip could be replaced with another. AFAIK double attack would prove more of a detriment with added double attack (at least is the case with Kraken Club, because it further enhances the two hit only percentage) Though I don't know if that is the case with multi-hit 2 handers. :x

Like Tikal said, constant self SCs could incredibly powerful, especially with a reliable MB. The problem, however, is the situational use.. there aren't many situations where you'll be able to self SC with this unless you're the only melee.

A NIN, MNK or THF will generally keep up with you in terms of TP gain, in which I doubt they will wait for your SC every time you WS unless the MB/SC damage is absolutely needed.
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 14:28:34  
As for a WS cycle, I've been running Gekko->Kasha(fusion)->Rana(gravitation)->Gekko(darkness) as my primary routine. Parsing is something I'd love to do, problem is blinkmenot seemed to be broken last I checked, and not swapping gear in a timely fashion breaks the setup. Working off memory here, but just before the game went down, I was out doing crab OP with a few friends in Grauberg[A]... G and K were doing roughly 1.2->2k using VV and Stout(still finishing up bosses, so short an atma), Rana's were kinda horrid at around 800, and the darkness SCs that actually made it to the log ranged 1.5k to 3k. Targets were VT->IT for the most part, place was busy that morning.
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 14:40:24  
@Kittyhawk

The grip is there for it's benefits on WS, not TP. Double attacks are rather nice for high damage single hit WS, aka Gekko. Also... Don't think a MNK, NIN or THF can WS and hit 100% again within 2-4 seconds. Which is easily done with this setup and simple timing on when you WS.

@Mabrook

What SAM JSE GK (I realize NIN can use a few, but... That's still a wide selection...)? Referring to a Magian here, or Empy..? I've got a TP bonus Keitonotachi +2 also, so far the OA4 trumps it in raw kill speed.

@peoplewhoposttoincreasetheirpostcount

/ignore
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 14:43:05  
Graywolfe813 said:
@Kittyhawk

The grip is there for it's benefits on WS, not TP. Double attacks are rather nice for high damage single hit WS, aka Gekko. Also... Don't think a MNK, NIN or THF can WS and hit 100% again within 2-4 seconds. Which is easily done with this setup and simple timing on when you WS.

@Mabrook

What SAM JSE GK (I realize NIN can use a few, but... That's still a wide selection...)? Referring to a Magian here, or Empy..? I've got a TP bonus Keitonotachi +2 also, so far the OA4 trumps it in raw kill speed.

@peoplewhoposttoincreasetheirpostcount

/ignore

When dealing with a occ 2-4 weapon (in this case) Adding Double Attack kills the % of getting a 3-4 hit proc using said weapon, the DA'll be there on TP and WS you can't really choose when it'll proc. lol

Edit: They may not be able to ws again in 2-4 seconds or whatever you just said, but the numbers they're tossing out, doesn't matter. They will still > your numbers/output easy inside Abyssea.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-16 14:47:02  
Have you tried using this with an MAB+wind damage setup and spamming jinpu?
[+]
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 14:56:20  
Quote:
When dealing with a occ 2-4 weapon (in this case) Adding Double Attack kills the % of getting a 3-4 hit proc using said weapon, the DA'll be there on TP and WS you can't really choose when it'll proc. lol

Evidence anywhere for this? I've heard this, looked for evidence, and not found it. Regardless, a loss of one "possible" 3-4 hit proc out of 50 swings isn't really an issue.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 15:02:59  
It's very old data (tested with one of the Mercurial weapons iirc), and the reason you didn't see things like Brutal Earring on KC DRKs back at 75. However, given that the average swings/round value for OA2-4 is ~1.9 it's not exactly a loss in this situation.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 15:03:58  
Graywolfe813 said:
Quote:

Evidence anywhere for this? I've heard this, looked for evidence, and not found it. Regardless, a loss of one "possible" 3-4 hit proc out of 50 swings isn't really an issue.

Soboro Sukehiro probably the best thing to look up for it, Has a 50% chance to attack 2 times, a 20% chance to attack 3 times, and a 30% chance to attack only once. Attacks twice (I BELIEVE, can correct me if Im wrong, I havn't used Soboro in years.) is the same as DA (DA can't proc on the second hit resulting in 3-4 hits) So the higher chance of attacking only twice is raised above the chance to hit three times. And so forth, etc Sure someone who knows the math better than me can explain/correct me if Im wrong or whatever
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 15:10:20  
Quote:
Have you tried using this with an MAB+wind damage setup and spamming jinpu?

I haven't. I suppose when the game comes back up I could go get Gales
and give it a try. Would be amusing at least, seeing as Jinpu selfchains indefinitely.

Also, I honestly don't care about what MNK, NIN, THF, WAR, or anything else is gonna be doing. It's completely off-topic, and pointless to mention. That's why I posted in the Samurai forum, not the MNK forum or such. Edit: Not really trying to sound harsh here, it's just it's kinda moot to me. I play NIN as well, I know it kills faster in Abyssea. SAM's just more fun to me.

And, I've had a Soboro for a {Long Time}, never noticed a significant drop in triple attack procs even using /WAR. Real answer on that would be for someone with a KC to /WAR and stack DA gear, and check for a significant spike in DA rounds, since it has a relatively low natural double attack rate. I don't have that option, though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 15:20:42  
I'm not sure if Matk atmas are really needed. It's a huge drop in damage without ascetics drink.

Weapon DMG is also a factor for Jinpu since its not like most magic WS

I've still spiked about 4k-6k damage on exp mobs with the following.

VV/Smiting Blow/Atma of the Apocalypse Berserk/Stalwarts/Ascetics Tonic.

Even without drinks I can break 2k if I'm lucky. Attack can be a heavy mod for it while Magic Attack is a nice bonus since its a hybrid magic/physical WS

IMO Jinpu numbers we're still lousy without drinks even with atma of the Ultimate in place of apoc. Dropping to the damage of say Soboro lowered Jinpu numbers as well

Edit:
Nothing special

VV/Smiting Blow/Atma of the Apocalypse Berserk/Stalwarts/Ascetics Tonic.

200TP and probably a Triple Attack Proc :Q
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 15:34:52  
Or two triple attack procs..? What's your usual output on Jinpu with that setup?
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 15:35:47  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
With this + atmas I have 100% TP every 5-7 seconds lol, the SAM JSE GKT is nice if you want something decent enough too.

Just a thought but if you are using DA atma in abyssea the 3% double attk from the back piece you have is kinda minuet in comparison to /war and VV.

Personally I would change Atheling Mantle for Tacticle and drop Goading for a Bullwhip Belt. Allows for 2% more haste and you are covered on the sTP that you lose from goading.

Dunno may not be a great idea, not sure really I haven't spent much time on sam since abyssea came out.

EDIT That or if you feel up to tossing relic, which I know i would have trouble doing, but only for abyssea though; I would say try for a 4 hit build with atma for jinpu spamming. There was a forum about a 4 hit build not to long ago had some nice post about gearing and such.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-16 15:38:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
It's very old data (tested with one of the Mercurial weapons iirc), and the reason you didn't see things like Brutal Earring on KC DRKs back at 75. However, given that the average swings/round value for OA2-4 is ~1.9 it's not exactly a loss in this situation.

Does it not work [weapon 2-3-4-8 proc, ridill/thisgkt/etc] > [triple attack] > [double attack] > [single attacks] as far as procing for weapons like these goes?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 15:43:30  
QA > TA > DA > OAX
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-16 15:45:05  
would ridill 3x swing count for the af3+2 set bonus on thf?

assuming not but just making sure
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-03-16 15:46:48  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:
Get a Masamune or lolAmano.

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2011-03-16 15:48:25  
Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy

@_@ the official SE forum cancer is spreading.........
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 15:49:16  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy

Realize Lv.90 Amano beats out 85 and I'd even say 90 Masamune right?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 15:50:12  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:
Get a Masamune or lolAmano. Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy
Yeah the ws dmg boost is rather significant. I mean it's not enough to make claustrum good but still

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2011-03-16 15:50:24  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy

Stop trolling before I report you for trolling and you get your account BANNED.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 15:51:18  
Asura.Fondue said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy

Stop trolling before I report you for trolling and you get your account BANNED.

utrollin'?
By richwood 2011-03-16 15:51:34  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
BorealisV2 said:

Play MNK/NIN/WAR.
^
ftfy

What people are for getting is the aftermath of these weapons. That is where the true power come from.

But yes abyssea Sam is not the DD Sam was pre abyssea compared to other jobs now, ; . ;
First Page 2 3 4