OA4 GK 5 Hit Build... Thoughts And Suggestions?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
OA4 GK 5 hit build... Thoughts and suggestions?
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 16:25:10  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
BorealisV2 said:
Use
a
Varangian
Helm

had access 2 fudo for almost 4 months and tbh the misses were noticeable for me, only reason i dont use flava flavs helm

But the -accuracy on the Heafoc Mitts were ok?

First hit of all physical WS' gets an accuracy boost... It's been discussed so many times.

Use Varangian Helm.
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-16 16:27:07  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
BorealisV2 said:
Use
a
Varangian
Helm

had access 2 fudo for almost 4 months and tbh the misses were noticeable for me, only reason i dont use flava flavs helm

Misses are always noticable on a single-hit WS, regardless of how much acc+ you stack.

yeh but lossing 2 STR for 24 ACC makes me sleep better... lol

cant really say the 2/tic regan is pro was well since its a WS piece lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:27:23  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
And, I love that fudo compared to that evisceration there.
You'd love the gekko that followed that, that I didn't SS (Atleast I don't think I did..) It outdmg'd the fudo.
Probably one of those idiot sams that don't realize gekko gets an attack boost and fudo doesn't therefore requires different gearing

fudo is massively based on ATT if u cant cap ATT at 999 inside abyssea with WS gear just change job.....

in dynamis as well i normally have a brd or 2 so 2x march 2x att = 999 att in WS gear,

if no 2nd brd then food should get u almost there my taru i think hits 904 without ber/warcry

First, I seriously doubt you need x2 attack songs to cap attack outside of abyssea. Secondly, you say that but use Twilight mail for ws?<.< (I see no berserk down set, etc)
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:28:44  
BorealisV2 said:

First hit of all physical WS' gets an accuracy boost...

It's been discussed so many times. Use Varangian Helm.
Yeah except I've yet to see a parse on all physical ws... and I've definitely done some crap ones that didn't get a boost. One actually seemed less accurate
 Asura.Jaybezz
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-16 16:29:29  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
You'd love the gekko that followed that, that I didn't SS (Atleast I don't think I did..) It outdmg'd the fudo.
Probably one of those idiot sams that don't realize gekko gets an attack boost and fudo doesn't therefore requires different gearing

fudo is massively based on ATT if u cant cap ATT at 999 inside abyssea with WS gear just change job.....

in dynamis as well i normally have a brd or 2 so 2x march 2x att = 999 att in WS gear,

if no 2nd brd then food should get u almost there my taru i think hits 904 without ber/warcry

First, I seriously doubt you need x2 attack songs to cap attack outside of abyssea. Secondly, you say that but use Twilight mail for ws?<.< (I see no berserk down set, etc)

berserk down set is just byrne+1 in place of T.mail tbh for the extra 19 att it gives (i think its 19)
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 16:30:33  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
BorealisV2 said:

First hit of all physical WS' gets an accuracy boost...

It's been discussed so many times. Use Varangian Helm.
Yeah except I've yet to see a parse on all physical ws... and I've definitely done some crap ones that didn't get a boost. One actually seemed less accurate

Eyeballing.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:33:41  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:

Yeah but not everyone gears in att since it's completely useless in most sam ws. Can't always have ber/stalwarts up anyways so saying your always at 999 is a fallacy. Not everyone uses red curry buns or has pocket brds either.

Actually haven't seen a brd in abyssea in forever lol. Need threnodies!?! Hey whm go /brd!
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:33:50  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:

berserk down set is just byrne+1 in place of T.mail tbh for the extra 19 att it gives (i think its 19)

It's 17 attack diff, Ive seen so many "fudosams" say 60% STR Mod who don't understand they still need attack (Hence the shitty sams I just mentioned) so they don't have up/down sets. :3

Edit: Yeah, Im not buying capped attack in abyssea 100% I havn't used a bard since...idk>.> We use BLM/BRD for procs lol, /WAR+Drink isn't enough to cap you out in WS gear that only has 2 pieces with attack+ on them. Chances are if you do bring a bard, you'd have marches over attack unless you just suck that bad you actually NEED the attack+ songs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:35:10  
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
BorealisV2 said:
But the -accuracy on the Heafoc Mitts were ok? First hit of all physical WS' gets an accuracy boost... It's been discussed so many times. Use Varangian Helm.
Eyeballing.
If you mean me then no. By seems I meant I only parsed like 200ish ws which isn't really enough to say going from 27% to 17% iirc is necessarily lower acc.... howerver it is enough to say I didn't get some rediculous acc boost
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 16:35:34  
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't SAM a capped acc job to begin with?
If so why worry so much about the -8 acc from one item or -12 from another. I am no expert sam but I do know that with varagain helm I don't see much if any difference in the acc on sam.

EDIT
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
cap ATT at 999
LOL

*** get off my game.

Not sure how to comment here, not sure if s/he doesn't believe in hitting 999 attk or if s/he is talking about the game only says 999 vs going on to show the actual attk beyond 999.
I know I have hit 981 without temps in abyssea back at lvl 85 cap and that was with meh gear.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-16 16:35:44  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
cap ATT at 999
LOL

give your GK away you moron.
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 16:37:43  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
BorealisV2 said:
But the -accuracy on the Heafoc Mitts were ok? First hit of all physical WS' gets an accuracy boost... It's been discussed so many times. Use Varangian Helm.
Eyeballing.
If you mean me then no. By seems I meant I only parsed like 200ish ws which isn't really enough to say going from 27% to 17% iirc is necessarily lower acc.... howerver it is enough to say I didn't get some rediculous acc boost

Ridiculous*

Which WS were you using?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:38:02  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
If so why worry so much about the -8 acc from one item or -12 from another. I am no expert sam but I do know that with varagain helm I don't see much if any difference in the acc on sam.

Depends on gear I guess, depending on "Capped acc job" But YGK all have capped accuracy on them regardless so acc+ gear would only help DA procs, while Acc- gear, really has little to no effect being acc caps at 95% Anyway, And to point out: Gorget would cancel out majority of the acc- from vara helm anyway, so the point is kind of moot.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:38:20  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't SAM a capped acc job to begin with? If so why worry so much about the -8 acc from one item or -12 from another. I am no expert sam but I do know that with varagain helm I don't see much if any difference in the acc on sam.
Most jobs are usually capped in abyssea between RR(or GH for rng) and cruor buffs.

But heros has some decently evasive mobs too so you wont always be.
By Graywolfe813 2011-03-16 16:39:39  
What have I done..?

And, about the WS accuracy bonuses... This varies depending on the WS, I'd imagine, right? In the same vein as the attack bonuses on them?
 Diabolos.Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 16:41:00  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:

Depends on gear I guess, depending on "Capped acc job" But YGK all have capped accuracy on them regardless so acc+ gear would only help DA procs, while Acc- gear, really has little to no effect being acc caps at 95% Anyway, And to point out: Gorget would cancel out majority of the acc- from vara helm anyway, so the point is kind of moot.

I guess that makes since considering I have the gorgets for y/g/k/r and I spam off lots of rani for the darkness base in abyssea since nobody knowshow to read sekk call outs anymore I may as well help someone get a darkness off.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't SAM a capped acc job to begin with? If so why worry so much about the -8 acc from one item or -12 from another. I am no expert sam but I do know that with varagain helm I don't see much if any difference in the acc on sam.
Most jobs are usually capped in abyssea between RR(or GH for rng) and cruor buffs.

But heros has some decently evasive mobs too so you wont always be.
I know this is getting a little off subject but what would the best atma's be for pre-emphy weapon rng's?
I am currently looking to make another job to be a +2 job.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:41:12  
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
BorealisV2 said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
BorealisV2 said:
Eyeballing.
Ridiculous*

Which WS were you using?
Didn't have any good single hit ws on a job that didn't triple attack at the time that could solo easy so... and my club was underlvld lol so I only did crap ones.

Brainshaker, Shadowstitch, Flat Blade
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:41:12  
Graywolfe813 said:
What have I done..?

And, about the WS accuracy bonuses... This varies depending on the WS, I'd imagine, right? In the same vein as the attack bonuses on them?

Not really. Only a few/certain ws's don't gain/have accuracy capped for them, (One-hit ws's only, of course.)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:42:58  
Graywolfe813 said:
What have I done..?

Somewhat. But as far as I can tell alot less testing has been done on ws acc so people just assume they all do. It's alot harder to really test. Especially if they have different amounts
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 16:46:28  
So I mean would Masamune not be worth going for after I complete Ukon? I'm thinking that spamming Jinpu with Kiku or a Keito (With TP Bonus) seems much more efficient. When Stalwarts/Ascetics are down Gekko/Kasha can do just as well on anything serious it seems.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:48:26  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
So I mean would Masamune not be worth going for after I complete Ukon? I'm thinking that spamming Jinpu with Kiku or a Keito (With TP Bonus) seems much more efficient. When Stalwarts/Ascetics are down Gekko/Kasha can do just as well on anything serious it seems.

Honestly. It depends. Masamune is awesome outside of abyssea, I give it that. Inside abyssea it's complete and utter ***of a weapon.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 16:49:47  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Honestly. It depends. Masamune is awesome outside of abyssea, I give it that. Inside abyssea it's complete and utter ***of a weapon.

Yeah mostly just wanted one for Shiggles. my Main job would be WAR and hopefully I'll have an empyrean done soon. 24/50 glavoid at the moment with like 3-4 pops on hand.
By BorealisV2 2011-03-16 16:50:14  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

It depends on how much you like SAM and if you're going to be using it outside of Abyssea much. Outside Masamune performs very well, but Ukon WAR will probably match/outperform it. Only reason I did my Masamune was because I had little else to do and a lot of time on my hands.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:51:35  
If you want it by all means, get it. I'll probably get mine after I finish my vere and my sister's Gandiva. Either that or Kannagi...Since nobody wants to do glavoid over again Q_Q
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-16 16:52:57  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
If you want it by all means, get it. I'll probably get mine after I finish my vere and my sister's Gandiva. Either that or Kannagi...Since nobody wants to do glavoid over again Q_Q
I still need to finish my first emp... /sigh. Soloing takes forever. But she said you guys might help.. if I was ya know over there lol
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:54:00  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
I still need to finish my first emp... /sigh. Soloing takes forever. But she said you guys might help.. if I was ya know over there lol
Tell me about it, We did masamune for one of our members and I *SWEAR* it was like pulling *** teeth getting him to come get my items for vere-_-
 Diabolos.Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 16:54:58  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Hell I am still too lazy to finish Kannagi. Been on the Megalobuggard branch for about 10 weeks now... To think I have 34-50 helms and 24-50 skins waiting for me to finish what 3 nms?

*** ME I AM LAZY!

Anyway anyone have a quick answer to my pre-emphy weapon rng for ws dmg?
I have vision bow and I found a decent set for dmg for sidewinder but no idea on the atma to use or the dmg output range I am looking into from atma.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-16 16:56:40  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Hell I am still too lazy to finish Kannagi. Been on the Megalobuggard branch for about 10 weeks now... To think I have 34-50 helms and 24-50 skins waiting for me to finish what 3 nms?

*** ME I AM LAZY!

I have vision bow and I found a decent set for dmg for sidewinder but no idea on the atma to use or the dmg output range I am looking into from atma.

VV/Stout Arm/Sea Daughter is damn nice.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-16 16:57:18  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

*** ME I AM LAZY!

you don't use GH? :(?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-16 16:58:51  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

*** ME I AM LAZY!

Ranger isn't my strong-point since Ive never played it inside abyssea (Which is a shame since I have a nice ranger! :(!) But for winder I'd say GH/VV/Sea daughter or something, AGI plays a bigger role than STR on winder (More-so inside abyssea with STR giving less of a buff etc)