users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Ryunohige lvl 90
Ryunohige lvl 90
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 21:57:15  
I'm almost willing to guarantee it'll add at least 5% to Dragoons overall damage, if not ~10%.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 21:59:54  
Well, I cannot figure out exactly where I posted it, but I think at least a few of the Atma on wiki that are listed as STP+20 are actually STP+15. I tested them and updated it at one point, but I think someone reverted it.

If you can give me an average Wyvern breath and average wyvern swing from a parse, I'll just add it straight in. Their delay is, iirc, 2.1 seconds?
By Raborn 2011-03-17 22:01:15  
Nabis said:
Nabis said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Not including regain. war/sam 20.9 tp/hit, 25% haste. You can put on dusk for the 1 haste, but that 1 haste is rly some decimal value isn't going to beat af3+2 w/ restraint up. Take it all off (aside from strap, brutal, rajas) for ws and you get 17.1 for the first hit of the ws. So even assuming the 2nd hit misses 17.1 + (20.9 x 4) = 100.7 don't even need to land both hits of the ws to maintain 5hit
Atmas: Plaguebringer + Scorpion Queen + RR replace white tathlum with rav orb u will be @ +15 /sam +75 gear atma 24.7(3 hits for 73.4 + 26.6 ws) some +crt rate in SQ atma so ur not lacking :D /hate me
hey byrth if u can do me a favor and check this out plz and tell me what ya get idk what u using but i would like to know how this holds up

Check your Inbox / PMs.
By Nabis 2011-03-17 22:02:30  
holy ***rab i cant for some reason
u have skyp?
By Nabis 2011-03-17 22:04:22  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Well, I cannot figure out exactly where I posted it, but I think at least a few of the Atma on wiki that are listed as STP+20 are actually STP+15. I tested them and updated it at one point, but I think someone reverted it. If you can give me an average Wyvern breath and average wyvern swing from a parse, I'll just add it straight in. Their delay is, iirc, 2.1 seconds?
well that really sucks but ur insight on a 3/4 hit would be nice when u are done with w/e u doing thnx in advance
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2011-03-17 22:06:52  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I'd probably have to say as an unsubstantiated opinion that 90 Ryunohige may be the best weapon in the game bar none.

DAMN RAEN I WORKED SO HARD FOR OAT.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-17 22:07:32  
Well, this one isn't really possible to get soo :p
By Nabis 2011-03-17 22:09:04  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
it is i was working on conqueror b4 lvl 80 update would have taken me 1 year + but totaly worth it but meh now i gues
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-17 22:09:51  
I don't think there's a large enough liquid Alexandrite supply on any server to finish this right now. In the future? Maybe. Perhaps I'm making unfair assumptions.

And this thread is a big reason I believe WAR needs a nerf back to the stone age!
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-17 22:10:28  
HAVENT YOU GUYS HEARD FFXI IS DEAD MOVE ON
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-17 22:10:33  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't think there's a large enough liquid Alexandrite supply on any server to finish this right now. In the future? Maybe. Perhaps I'm making unfair assumptions.

And this thread is a big reason I believe WAR needs a nerf back to the stone age!

stop saying that i'll cry
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-17 22:13:29  
:( I'm sorrrry but for overall balance, WAR being reduced in power significantly would be best.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-17 22:14:48  
I find it funny that the best weapon in the game will be.....
a mythic weapon..... >_>
By Nabis 2011-03-17 22:15:29  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't think there's a large enough liquid Alexandrite supply on any server to finish this right now. In the future? Maybe. Perhaps I'm making unfair assumptions. And this thread is a big reason I believe WAR needs a nerf back to the stone age!
i have seen alot of people low man salvage for the prices r right and they think there will be an upgrade to it soon idk
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 22:16:29  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Well, I cannot figure out exactly where I posted it, but I think at least a few of the Atma on wiki that are listed as STP+20 are actually STP+15. I tested them and updated it at one point, but I think someone reverted it.

If you can give me an average Wyvern breath and average wyvern swing from a parse, I'll just add it straight in. Their delay is, iirc, 2.1 seconds?

I haven't parsed abyssea at all. But I do have some stuff from like, level 80 outside of abyssea. Never mind. That was before my PC went WTFBOOM.
By Nabis 2011-03-17 22:19:05  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I find it funny that the best weapon in the game will be..... a mythic weapon..... >_>
nah will prob be relic from what se has posted about them a while ago
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-17 22:20:55  
Well.... maybe Amano will get close, eventually.....
The thoughts of Ryuno having +25% drakes dmg at level 99 are scary.
edit: that is assuming ryuno gets +5% ws dmg at 95 and an extra 5% @ 99.
By Nabis 2011-03-17 22:31:13  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Well.... maybe Amano will get close, eventually..... The thoughts of Ryuno having +25% drakes dmg at level 99 are scary. edit: that is assuming ryuno gets +5% ws dmg at 95 and an extra 5% @ 99.
dam from what people posting relics now getting +25% dmg it would be cool to see what they all are @99
somthing like relic = mythic > emp
sounds fair to me from the time it takes for an emp not that i have one. cause i just brew my one glavoid pop for the shells after i get the ki's
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 22:33:56  
Ryunohige only gives Wyvern bonuses through Aftermath, right?

Also, I'm going to proclaim DRG the qualified winner. Wyverns would only have to do 269 damage in 3 attack rounds and a breath to outdamage Ukon. I think they'd have 40% OAT, 5% DA, and 15% TA (they get Atma, right?) for 1.67 swings per round, so 3 rounds is 5 swings.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 22:43:06  
Yeah, they get Atma and Aftermath bonus'.

If only you could haste them. :<
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 22:51:22  
Outside Abyssea is a rough thing to think about, because dDEX matters so much more and WAR has a harder time getting a 5-hit. They potentially have to sacrifice RCBs for Carbonara.
 Quetzalcoatl.Shaddix
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Shaddix 2011-03-17 22:55:03  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Yeah, they get Atma and Aftermath bonus'. If only you could haste them. :<

Empathy :3
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 23:09:36  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
So true :(
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

Also, I'm going to proclaim DRG the qualified winner. Wyverns would only have to do 269 damage in 3 attack rounds and a breath to outdamage Ukon. I think they'd have 40% OAT, 5% DA, and 15% TA (they get Atma, right?) for 1.67 swings per round, so 3 rounds is 5 swings.
This amuses and pleases me.

Still digging through all the old mythic posts on BG but Kirschy's initial Liberator testing got 46.5% OAT over 284 attack rounds. Low sample size, but it suggests that procrate is likely higher than 40% and could be 50%.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 23:16:54  
I think she did a lot more tests. Every time she quotes it recently it has been 40%. She had a short posting burst about it after finishing it.

I really think Dragoon will win outside Abyssea, just playing around with my spreadsheet. WAR either has to drop down to a 6-hit or give up RCBs for Carbonara, which will really hurt it if it doesn't have attack buffers.

WS damage would probably drop significantly with both cases though, and the 100TP crit rate boost the WSs get will really matter (especially if it's different).

It's a hard one to call, but my money is on DRG.
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-17 23:17:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
So true :(
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

This amuses and pleases me.

Still digging through all the old mythic posts on BG but Kirschy's initial Liberator testing got 46.5% OAT over 284 attack rounds. Low sample size, but it suggests that procrate is likely higher than 40% and could be 50%.
i just assumed that it was ~45% like everything else that's OAT
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-03-17 23:17:30  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Outside Abyssea is a rough thing to think about, because dDEX matters so much more and WAR has a harder time getting a 5-hit. They potentially have to sacrifice RCBs for Carbonara.
was already decided that Mnk / Nin outdue War in the first place yea? all the fighting for 3rd place go go!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-17 23:22:18  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
was already decided that Mnk / Nin outdue War in the first place yea? all the fighting for 3rd place go go!

Pretty sure not.

Ukon WAR is probably the top inside Abyssea. Outside Abyssea the major damage enhancements people lose are Attack, STR, crit rate, crit damage boost, and multi-attacks, all additive traits that WAR already had plentifully. If WAR wins in Abyssea, they are generally more likely to win outside Abyssea except in weird cases like against an OAT weapon (basically just Ryunohige).
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-17 23:26:09  
*** yeah, Ryunohige!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-17 23:26:54  
If she's saying 40% now I'm willing to take that at face value.
Shiva.Cerderic said:
i just assumed that it was ~45% like everything else that's OAT
The thing is, that's not true. Magian OAT are 40%, Joyeuse was widely speculated to have a proc rate that wasn't 45% due to flaws in the initial parsing, and Jailer weapons (which really are in their own subset since they can proc on the same round as DA) have a procrate that is at least 50% and iirc I've heard higher values thrown around (~55%).

Phoenix.Deboro said:
WAR is probably either best or second (there's some debate concerning SAM's place in the hierarchy) outside Abyssea in any situation where it can fulltime Hasso. If you can't Hasso then obviously it loses a lot of ground and if you have to /NIN for whatever reason things obviously get even worse. MNK will outdo NIN, as NIN actually loses quite a bit in leaving Abyssea (*** AGI mod on Hi...). Non-Mythic DRG is probably somewhere in the top 5 as well. How practical all this information is remains to be seen since MP will no longer be unlimited and the age of events with many players and fodder mobs (non-lowman Dyna/Ein for example) seems to be over.
 Shiva.Cerderic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2011-03-17 23:38:51  
lol. that just made me think of something.
wtf are we going to do when mages forget how to conserve MP. abyssea has spoiled us, and probably ruined a great deal of players' skill. (Obviously many players now have raised jobs strictly in abyssea and won't know what they're doing in the first place)
personally on BLU i don't know what to do with all the MP inside abyssea. but i try to avoid the place as much as possible. some of you never leave lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9