First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 23:54:31  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Phoenix.Chita said:
As for my Ryu I'm missing the 3 trophies, a lot of time and effort has been used to see pretty much no t3 trophies drop.
Ouch, that's rage-quit material right there. D:
Don't you mean t4 tropies? T3 is 100% drop
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 23:59:00  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Love Halberd doesn't affect WS, so it'd have the same number of 8-hit Drakesbanes as without. I don't know how well it would work out, and frankly the Jailer weapons are a pain to work with so I don't think I ever will xD. I doubt it will beat the current top options, but it probably wouldn't be terrible.
Are you sure? I heard jaior weapons do. Or at least can proc on DA/TA hits. I knew a guy that used to get 6 hit RR all the time with the axe but not with another axe. His RR were actually suprisingly higher than a normal gaxe back at 75
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-19 00:53:00  
They don't proc on WS to my knowledge and iirc they don't proc on jumps either. They can proc on the same attack round as a DA or TA though.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-03-19 00:53:35  
Yeah, does not stack on ws. Fort axe was pretty awesome back in the day though. :(
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 01:04:38  
Bleh I guess I need to get one and play with it.
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-19 08:13:01  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
think we have some more jol/av to do and it gets floored im sure you could snag one
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-19 08:22:51  
Bahamut.Phix said:
The T4 VNM trophies are stupid i got one ages ago at the time thinking amg PW pop time but the % droprate needs to be adjusted seriously .
At least you have a big chunk of it done im just sat on a crapton of alex rotting lol :(

Should give it to me >_>
My good friend NPC in nashmau can make use of it xD

Also I half got lucky on my trophies.

Tinnin 1/1
Tyger 1/1
Sarameya 1/8 or so,but we always did 4 or 5 cerb's at a time and an LS member gave me his trophy when it dropped because it also dropped Haidate for him
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 08:25:36  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
think we have some more jol/av to do and it gets floored im sure you could snag one
Well I'm not drg or same lol... but I was thinking of maybe using the swd...
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-19 08:28:00  
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
The T4 VNM trophies are stupid i got one ages ago at the time thinking amg PW pop time but the % droprate needs to be adjusted seriously .
At least you have a big chunk of it done im just sat on a crapton of alex rotting lol :(

Should give it to me >_>

Tinnin 1/1
Tyger 1/1
Sarameya 1/8 or so,but we always did 4 or 5 cerb's at a time and an LS member gave me his trophy when it dropped because it also dropped Haidate for him
NOOOOO my Alex D: lol even if the jp insist on standing in WG and making me pay tax i buy it anyways ,
i have zeni to do my T4 spam and a few people wanting hachi so that will help some
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-19 08:30:45  
And god thats some luck. Let's see fought around 5 tygers no trophies. Around 15 or so tinnin including 2 that went afk... 1 trophie. Hmmm around 10ish sarameya no trophy
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-19 08:41:47  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
And god thats some luck. Let's see fought around 5 tygers no trophies. Around 15 or so tinnin including 2 that went afk... 1 trophie. Hmmm around 10ish sarameya no trophy

These were all @ 75 btw so no mad increase in TH,the LS records were 2/36 cerb trophies 2/15 Tyger and something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like 8/20 Tinnin.Went 1/36 on haidate's though

Bahamut.Phix said:
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Bahamut.Phix said:

Should give it to me >_>

Tinnin 1/1
Tyger 1/1
NOOOOO my Alex D: lol even if the jp insist on standing in WG and making me pay tax i buy it anyways ,
i have zeni to do my T4 spam and a few people wanting hachi so that will help some

if i was on baha i'd go with you,i love ZNM to this day still,working on my 3x Tinnin pops for my burtgang trials (even though i dont even need it yet)

Personally i rarely go to WG and if i see anyone with alex in their bazaar i /tell them for a trade of it instead,or if its more than 3k,most will be happy to sell it for 3k to actually get rid of it.
Which is exactly why that stubborn taru in PJ on my server still has all 9 stacks of alex in his bazaar for 9k a piece,he wont budge at all.

Edit: The 2nd of all trophies were mine,the 1st of each went to the LS leader for his PW pop
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-19 09:08:38  
Wow, that's some awesome luck. I've made at least 10 ZNM Tier 4s myself and never gotten a trophy.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-19 09:26:12  
Yer i try and buy from trade as much as possible but sometimes i get impatient lol ,
And that is seriously amazing luck for the trophies ; ;
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 10:11:55  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Gearsets for outside Abyssea are very crit-dependent. There are kind of two situations:
A) "Greater Colibri"esque - It's possible to hit the Crit rate cap with fairly minor concessions.
B) "Mamool Ja Lurker"esque - It's just not possible to hit the Crit rate cap reasonably at all.

Because we're level 90, and we can assume any future monsters from outside content are going to be at least 95-100, I'm going to assume 85 AGI for Case A and 110 AGI for Case B.

After doing some monkeying around with the numbers, max WS damage is almost identical between the two cases (abandoning Dex in favor of STR/Atk/DA/whatever) and the opposite. The DEX weak set works against everything, while the DEX set doesn't, so it may be better to just use the low-DEX set all the time.

It may be different for Mithra, who make fewer sacrifices to get the same DEX, but I'm working this through for Elvaan so far.
How is this looking i want to see some taru based sets lol yes im a midget >.>
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-20 10:18:34  
How many would you say you would need for Tinnin at 90?
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 10:20:31  
6 shouldnt pose a problem in all honesty once its heads regen tear it down lol i did a few sarameya's recently we just threw a masa ukon and rhongo at it with a brd and whm lol
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2011-03-20 12:33:24  
question bout +2 legs for drakes, which im sure are obviously better than* ares since the enhance crit is +10% (according to wiki)

but since i havent leveled DRG up yet tho i plan to do it, would the +1 lancer still beat ares or no.

legit question right? D:a /panic
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-20 12:42:39  
Asura.Calatilla said:
How many would you say you would need for Tinnin at 90?

We were doing it with 6 @ 75 so yeah 6 @ 90 shouldnt be an issue at all
 Leviathan.Narse
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pgrieco
By Leviathan.Narse 2011-03-20 13:11:22  
My fiancee (Byohtsemoh) finished her Ryunohige recently (had everything except Tyger's Tail since September, but with Abyssea coming out it made finishing up exceptionally hard). We're still going through the trials to level it up (and again, getting Tinnins will be a challenge due to the lack of interest in ZNM; should anyone on Leviathan be interested in helping farm up Tinnin pops or has one that we could tag along for, please let either myself or her know!), and I'm questioning the jump effect being a critical hit enhancement.

Unfortunately didn't get a lot of time to play with it, but in my playing around with it, it seems to me that it's more likely just a straight up damage increase (either by % or by additional base damage on jump, or augmented modifiers -- whatever), and can still critical hit on top of that damage (which would both make this a much more powerful augment, and easily give Augments Jump 2-4 room to be improvements on Augments Jump 1). I'm interested in testing out whatever needs to be tested out with this weapon, if someone who's good at this numbers stuff wants to tell me what needs to be done and the best way to implement the test would be. I just wanted to mainly throw out that Augments Jump is most likely NOT a 100% critical hit bonus like people have been under the impression of.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 13:40:59  
Leviathan.Narse said:
My fiancee (Byohtsemoh) finished her Ryunohige recently (had everything except Tyger's Tail since September, but with Abyssea coming out it made finishing up exceptionally hard). We're still going through the trials to level it up (and again, getting Tinnins will be a challenge due to the lack of interest in ZNM; should anyone on Leviathan be interested in helping farm up Tinnin pops or has one that we could tag along for, please let either myself or her know!), and I'm questioning the jump effect being a critical hit enhancement.

Unfortunately didn't get a lot of time to play with it, but in my playing around with it, it seems to me that it's more likely just a straight up damage increase (either by % or by additional base damage on jump, or augmented modifiers -- whatever), and can still critical hit on top of that damage (which would both make this a much more powerful augment, and easily give Augments Jump 2-4 room to be improvements on Augments Jump 1). I'm interested in testing out whatever needs to be tested out with this weapon, if someone who's good at this numbers stuff wants to tell me what needs to be done and the best way to implement the test would be. I just wanted to mainly throw out that Augments Jump is most likely NOT a 100% critical hit bonus like people have been under the impression of.
Awesome still leaves the new jumps up in the air somewhat but as you get the trials done any info would be great .
I see that she has 2 mythics is levi like where all the alex is vanishing too lol or just a crazy land XD
Tell her a big grats such an awesome weapon!
 Leviathan.Narse
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pgrieco
By Leviathan.Narse 2011-03-20 14:03:28  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Leviathan.Narse said:

Awesome still leaves the new jumps up in the air somewhat but as you get the trials done any info would be great .
I see that she has 2 mythics is levi like where all the alex is vanishing too lol or just a crazy land XD

She actually finished the alexandrite portion of both her weapons well before Abyssea came out, thankfully. Alexandrite was hard enough to get back then, I can't imagine what it's like currently.
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 14:12:09  
Leviathan.Narse said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Leviathan.Narse said:

She actually finished the alexandrite portion of both her weapons well before Abyssea came out, thankfully. Alexandrite was hard enough to get back then, I can't imagine what it's like currently.
On baha its f'in terrible i get what i can when i can basically :(
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-20 14:21:09  
Leviathan.Narse said:

That's badass and thanks for the offer. Assuming it's a bonus to Jump's VIT mod (which is what I've personally always suspected, the easiest thing to do would be to find the max Jump damage using Sneak attack Jump on level -1 monsters outside any starter city (not weak to piercing) wearing a lot of VIT and STR gear. It has been a long time since I did anything DRG-related, but I'm fairly sure Sneak Attack stacks with Jump as long as you do it from the back.

Typical Jump damage is calculated:
(D+fSTR)*(1+VIT/256) = Base damage

Your maximum damage with a D91 Polearm should be:
(1+VIT/256)*(91+18)*3.15 (the maximum crit pDIF) = Damage
-- or --
343.35*(1+VIT/256) = Damage

It will be easiest to just parse it (Kparser is 005839C8). You should see a sharp increase in frequency at 3.00 pDIF.

By Varying the amount of VIT you're wearing and re-finding the maximum crit-Jump value, you can determine how or if the equation has changed. So, for instance, do it at 80 VIT and at 120 VIT and see what the difference in max Crit is.
With 80 VIT, I'd expect you to be able to hit ~450 damage with a D91 Polearm that isn't Ryunohige.
With 120 VIT, I'd expect you to be able to hit a 504 damage crit with a polearm that isn't Ryunohige.

It'll likely boil down to a static modifier of damage (like Jump damage +20%) or some change to the VIT mod (like /200 instead of /256). If it's the first, you'd expect a static % growth between the two cases:
80 VIT - 540 damage (+20% damage)
120 VIT - 604 damage (+20% damage)

If it's a VIT-dependent change, you'd expect a non-static % growth dependent on VIT:
80 VIT - 478 damage (478/450 = +6.2% damage)
120 VIT - 548 damage (548/504 = +8.7% damage)

I really really really suspect it's +20% Jump damage, up to +40% with a level 90 Ryunohige. If you confirm it's +20% Jump damage at 75 (+35% at 85), it would be very be worth checking if it generalizes to Spirit/Soul Jump. If it's some VIT mod, it likely will only affect the level 10 Dragoon JA instead of the class of abilities by that name.

Quick Draw and Jump are pretty similar (JAs with relatively low timers that can be used for TP-less damage at range). I wouldn't be shocked if it was exactly the same enhancement for Jump as Death Penalty is for Quick Draw.

If you're using an upgraded version of Ryunohige, please tell me and I can re-work the numbers to aim for for that.
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-20 14:30:21  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Leviathan.Narse said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Leviathan.Narse said:

On baha its f'in terrible i get what i can when i can basically :(

Thats why you should give it to me >_>

Edit:My eyes arent working properly since I killed myself working out today,is your flag Ireland or Italy Phix? :O
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 14:43:43  
Ireland lol although i live in london XD
And nooooooooooooooooooo all mines !!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-20 20:11:06  
Kirschy just reminded/told me that AM3 can proc on WS. I don't know whether it can proc twice (on both DA chances) but it can at least proc once. This puts Dragoon ahead of Ukon by 1% without a Wyvern or Retaliation factored in inside Abyssea. Congrats guys~!

Edit:
She also says that it's a 45-50% OAT rate without DA gear, so DRG wins by like 5% without wyverns or Retaliation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 21:09:49  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Kirschy just reminded/told me that AM3 can proc on WS. I don't know whether it can proc twice (on both DA chances) but it can at least proc once. This puts Dragoon ahead of Ukon by 1% without a Wyvern or Retaliation factored in inside Abyssea. Congrats guys~!

Edit:
She also says that it's a 45-50% OAT rate without DA gear, so DRG wins by like 5% without wyverns or Retaliation.
That quite frankly is *** amazing that made my day ^.^ cant wait for the servers to come back up so i can hit salvage / znm :D
 Sylph.Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-20 21:14:18  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

Edit:
That quite frankly is *** amazing that made my day ^.^ cant wait for the servers to come back up so i can hit salvage / znm :D

Bring me!
 Bahamut.Phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-20 21:18:08  
Sylph.Quiznor said:
Bahamut.Phix said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

Edit:

Come to baha! you can keep the other burtgang i know company :O!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-20 21:28:34  
Bahamut.Phix said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Kirschy just reminded/told me that AM3 can proc on WS. I don't know whether it can proc twice (on both DA chances) but it can at least proc once. This puts Dragoon ahead of Ukon by 1% without a Wyvern or Retaliation factored in inside Abyssea. Congrats guys~! Edit: She also says that it's a 45-50% OAT rate without DA gear, so DRG wins by like 5% without wyverns or Retaliation.
Oh? I got lots of pops/trophies and still want some of the stuff and maybe work on mythics and ya know to test new stuff vs old content hardish targets. So if ya don't mind if I tag along?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9