WTF Is Up With Hollywood Nowadays???

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » WTF is up with Hollywood nowadays???
WTF is up with Hollywood nowadays???
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-16 18:08:00  
Ok, so I know everyone heard about the Dragonball movie that was just released.

I knew at the start that it was going to be bad. I only wanted to go to see the fighting scenes....

But the best fighting scene is the one that Goku didn't fight....

WTF us up with that?

Seriously, how Hollywood can get away from taking one of the most beloved series in history and turn it into....crap is beyond me. They didn't even try to stay with the main story.

It was like "We are Hollywood! We can take a story that has almost 30 years of history in it and make it in our image, and it would be better than what everyone knows and loves!" I honestly think that they think they can get away with it.

I say, lets just not bother watching any more movies from HW if it takes something we all know and love (like FF) and turns it into crap (like FF:Spirits). I don't know why I even bothered watching that PoS movie besides the fighting, which it lacked of.

P.S. I also watched another movie called Yatterman. Same beloved anime, turned into live action film, but made in Japan. Much much much much x1000 better than DB:E. Even though I couldn't understand what they were saying (I don't speak Japanese) I still enjoyed the movie more......than the PoS....
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-16 18:14:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Hollywood is for movie stars, for real people acting in real movies.

Anime and such aren't created by Hollywood, they're most often created by independant organizations/artists. Hell most of them are in Japan. Dragonball Z is one of those anime.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-16 18:19:48  
Luignata said:
Hollywood is for movie stars, for real people acting in real movies.

Anime and such aren't created by Hollywood, they're most often created by independant organizations/artists. Hell most of them are in Japan. Dragonball Z is one of those anime.

True, except one problem....

The movie was created by Hollywood.

By 20th Century Fox....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-03-16 18:21:52  
Of course its gunna be a bad rendition. Its a cartoon turned into live action. Its hard to watch cartoon-to-live-action because most of the time its damn near impossible to make something live-action not look completely rediculous when its based off a cartoon. Goku flying around on a cloud suddenly looks like H.R Puffinstuf.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-03-16 18:24:09  
Not to mention that its viewers are probably hardxcore DBZ fans that will only criticize it for its inaccuracies. Its a lot like the whole "the book was better" bit.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-16 18:28:58  
Sterling said:
Of course its gunna be a bad rendition. Its a cartoon turned into live action. Its hard to watch cartoon-to-live-action because most of the time its damn near impossible to make something live-action not look completely rediculous when it comes from a cartoon. Goku flying around on a cloud suddenly looks like H.R Puffinstuf.

Explain Yatterman then. They did a damn good job with the transition between anime and live-action.

That is a bad example however, as people outside of Japan have A) never seen the anime, except those who special order it or such, and B) probably will never see the movie, unless there is a demand for it outside of the US

Seeing how I have the good graces of watching it in at the movie theaters, I would say that my day wasn't a complete waste (saw both movies yesterday) so yeah.

But still, with the graphics as they are in DB:E, they could at least make a good attempt at the storyline, but instead, they just murdered it (murder is not the right word, massacare it is more like it) to the point where it wasn't even close to the original storyline, and the only thing that it had in common with Dragonball was the names of the main characters (hell, they even got Bulma's last name wrong) and the one move that Goku uses/famous for. Thats it. That is the only thing in common with the original anime.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-16 18:31:28  
Sterling said:
Not to mention that its viewers are probably hardxcore DBZ fans that will only criticize it for its inaccuracies. Its a lot like the whole "the book was better" bit.

Even the softcore Dragonball fans would find it very disappointing. Even the people who never seen Dragonball would find it very disappointing. Even those who absolutly hate Dragonball would STILL find it very disappointing (and further their hate towards the series).

I just hope that the main author did not sign or had any say in this complete *** movie though. If he did, then he is either insane or very well paid.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-16 18:52:17

I'm not certain which movie we're talking about then...

Any links? Trailers? My google attempt at finding it turned up with a lot of.. false advertisement.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-16 18:59:34  
Bartimaeus said:
Overall Point: Don't make movies you can't make. Leave the anime and game movies to the people who created them in the first place.

+1000

Seriously. If you can't make good movies (i.e. Hollywood) then don't make them period.

Side note: Ok, Hollywood can make a few good movies, but they are mostly flukes than actual productions. Most of the greatest movies made today are made (dun dun duuuuuuuun) outside of Hollywood.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-03-16 19:10:11  
Dragon Ball Z?
Beloved? Ahahahaha!
[spoiler]Tom Cruise is going to be Spike in the Live action Cowboy Bebop.[/spoiler]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Solana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Solana
By Sylph.Solana 2009-03-16 19:50:19  
I dunno man. I think Hollywood is running out of ideas.

Have you guys seen Astro Boy? The CGI animation? If you're familiar with the series and the characters, you just have to stop, stare at the new designs, and just shake your head. It has some promise, but either way, it's stupid.

Dumb.
Lame.

Stop ruining our favourite cartoons, goddamnit.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-03-16 19:51:13  
On a random but somewhat related note, I'm kinda looking foreward to the Star Trek movie. I suspect its gunna be under a lot of fire by devoted Trekkies, but the graphics look really amazing from all the trailers I've seen.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-03-16 20:02:16  
It's Hollywood. Plain and simple.

There are beloved things from our past that are recreated in very accurate ways. Sin City, Fight Club, Transformers, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Lord of the Rings... Then there are things like X-Men, Dare Devil, Dragon Ball, Harry Potter (I'm sorry for anyone who actually likes those movies...) that are just pissed all over.

There are just some things directors will put the love and attention in to give the fans and themselves what they want. And some who just want to make a quick million off of a popular title. =\
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-16 23:11:25  
Thing is, anyone who watches DB:E would have to agree, they just didn't even put any effort into the movie.

It stinks beyond anything ever invented. There is no words yet to describe how horrible the movie is....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-03-16 23:17:55  
See wut u did thar?
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-03-27 18:02:26  
Sterling said:
Of course its gunna be a bad rendition. Its a cartoon turned into live action. Its hard to watch cartoon-to-live-action because most of the time its damn near impossible to make something live-action not look completely rediculous when its based off a cartoon.

Same thing happens to games adapted into a movie. Ppl critize because its "just not like in the game". Writing a Screenplay it is no easy task. Dragonball (as a whole) having almost or over (not sure) 500 episodes (not counting movies) its no easy task to make a live action movie. So instead of going WITH the story, they tried to make something new, with a bit of old stuff. PPL criticized Silent Hill when it was made a Film adaptation, but i actually liked it. Just remember its an ADAPTATION, not a re-make.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-03-27 18:05:42  
Amael said:
Sterling said:
Of course its gunna be a bad rendition. Its a cartoon turned into live action. Its hard to watch cartoon-to-live-action because most of the time its damn near impossible to make something live-action not look completely rediculous when its based off a cartoon.

Same thing happens to games adapted into a movie. Ppl critize because its "just not like in the game". Writing a Screenplay it is no easy task. Dragonball (as a whole) having almost or over (not sure) 500 episodes (not counting movies) its no easy task to make a live action movie. So instead of going WITH the story, they tried to make something new, with a bit of old stuff. PPL criticized Silent Hill when it was made a Film adaptation, but i actually liked it. Just remember its an ADAPTATION, not a re-make.

way over 500. closer to 600..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [106 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 08:05:05  
{BUMP}
Bump day!

So rumor has it theres going to be a few remakes this year
Sister Act starring Beyonce
Neverending Story
And Alice in Wonderland.

Im kinda excited about Alice...
Other ones inono....
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-07-11 08:15:23  
I thought I'm fairly young..but when they start making re-makes, and i'm familiar with the original one being released(Sister Act)..omfg...i feel old...
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-11 08:17:53  
lol, Sister Act was the one that stuck out to me, too, and god that sounds *** terrible. Not even a fan of Beyonce at it is, but this just screams terrible idea.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-11 09:01:46  
wasn't the lead guy in that Dragonball movie NOT Asian, it was the same with the Street Fighter movie.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-11 09:08:15  
Kungfuhustle said:
wasn't the lead guy in that Dragonball movie NOT Asian, it was the same with the Street Fighter movie.

MAD RACIST YO.
I heard Alice is going to be from Mexico.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-11 09:10:47  
I mean, I'm sure Lucy Lui could have played the role as Chun Li, or Jet Li for the role of Goku.

I will say this, now I have another reason not to go to the theatres. Besides the high prices, most of the movies coming out I dont have the urge to go see.
 Bahamut.Citag
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-11 10:07:20

Alice in wonderland looks really good. But I'm a fan of all things Tim Burton, including his wonderful wife! lol.

You guys seen the previews for the avatar movie? It looks god awful.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-11 10:09:58  
no
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-11 10:19:26  
Also heard they will make a movie based on the Video Game Asteroids....

W
T
F
!

How you can get a plot out of this?!
User submitted image

Hollywood Officially went Bananas.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-11 10:20:40  
Citag said:
Alice in wonderland looks really good. But I'm a fan of all things Tim Burton, including his wonderful wife! lol.

You guys seen the previews for the avatar movie? It looks god awful.
Saw it like last week, and I'm admittedly not huge of Shammamalan, but yeah it's not looking too hot. lol
First Page 2 3