WTF Is Up With Hollywood Nowadays???

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » WTF is up with Hollywood nowadays???
WTF is up with Hollywood nowadays???
 Valefor.Lilbusta
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-16 12:15:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Wow so it's basically like National Treasure w/o the happy ending. Well that really blows. QQ
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2009-07-16 12:16:06  
>.< knowing sucked so much balls west hollywood held a protest .... i cant believe i wasted almost 2 hrs to watch alien jesus kidnap kids
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 12:19:41  
Lilbusta said:
Wow so it's basically like National Treasure w/o the happy ending. Well that really blows. QQ

Wait you got a happy ending when watching national treasure? Man I'm missing out
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-16 12:23:12

Well they found the treasure, but couldn't prove it was true. More like it ended with self-fulfillment.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-16 12:25:05  
Clearly you and I have different images of "happy ending"
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-16 13:37:04

As far as I can tell, mine are more broad. What about born or this that movie more like an Omen copycat?
 Kujata.Gooby
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-07-16 14:40:56  
DragonBall and all these movies could have been good depending on who handled the production. In most cases, it's a major production who is just trying to capitalize on trends. Casting wasn't a big deal to me as far as races went, everyone who looked white to me was casted as such. I don't see why they had to be asian simply because it was japanese story in origin.

Airbender might actually be decent or good since the director is pretty much doing the movie for his kids who are big Avatar fans and actually sat down to watch the whole series. I have some hope for this one, although, some of his movies are pretty shady >.>
 Unicorn.Motokosun
サーバ: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-07-16 15:21:00  
Korpg said:
Ok, so I know everyone heard about the Dragonball movie that was just released.

I knew at the start that it was going to be bad. I only wanted to go to see the fighting scenes....

But the best fighting scene is the one that Goku didn't fight....

WTF us up with that?

Seriously, how Hollywood can get away from taking one of the most beloved series in history and turn it into....crap is beyond me. They didn't even try to stay with the main story.

It was like "We are Hollywood! We can take a story that has almost 30 years of history in it and make it in our image, and it would be better than what everyone knows and loves!" I honestly think that they think they can get away with it.

I say, lets just not bother watching any more movies from HW if it takes something we all know and love (like FF) and turns it into crap (like FF:Spirits). I don't know why I even bothered watching that PoS movie besides the fighting, which it lacked of.

P.S. I also watched another movie called Yatterman. Same beloved anime, turned into live action film, but made in Japan. Much much much much x1000 better than DB:E. Even though I couldn't understand what they were saying (I don't speak Japanese) I still enjoyed the movie more......than the PoS....

I knew at the start that it was going to be bad. I only wanted to go to see the fighting scenes....

.....So knowing the movie is going to be bad you paid to watch it anyways? Well i believe theres your answer on why Hollywood fails oh so hard. Money, yup just money. And as long as people keep paying them to make sub-par pictures it won't change.

Blame shouldn't be put on Hollywood, the studio, or even director who made it, Instead blame should be put on the people/company that owns the rights to DB and gave them the OK on the picture. They are the ones who failed us. Can't blame Hollywood for doing what they are so good at: Turning quality into quantity and great into great pieces of ***.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-16 16:19:53  
Hollywood sucks ***, plain and simple. I can't wait to see the *** tragedy that is the new Karate Kid with Jackie *** Chan and Will Smith's kid. That's destined to be the biggest POS movie of the year when that comes out...

But honestly, I stopped going to the movies pretty much. I saw Star Trek (one of the few remakes I've seen that actually kicked ***), but that was it. I don't even give a *** about Transformers 2 or anything else, from now on, I stream it online before I give them a dime...
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-16 16:24:06

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hollywood sucks ***, plain and simple. I can't wait to see the *** tragedy that is the new Karate Kid with Jackie *** Chan and Will Smith's kid. That's destined to be the biggest POS movie of the year when that comes out...

But honestly, I stopped going to the movies pretty much. I saw Star Trek (one of the few prequels I've seen that actually kicked ***), but that was it. I don't even give a *** about Transformers 2 or anything else, from now on, I stream it online before I give them a dime...

Fixed.

I haven't seen too much originality in Hollywood in a looooong time. Matrix comes to mind for a movie that is original. Everything other movie is just copying what a previous movie has been just changing the story a bit.

The comic book craze is just distrubing to me and there's no end to it if there's money being made. They should not even touch video games if the game's storyline creator didn't make the script for the movie.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-16 16:58:06  
Lilbusta said:
[quote=Xxnumbertwoxx]Hollywood sucks ***, plain and simple. I can't wait to see the *** tragedy that is the new Karate Kid with Jackie *** Chan and Will Smith's kid. That's destined to be the biggest POS movie of the year when that comes out...

But honestly, I stopped going to the movies pretty much. I saw Star Trek (one of the few AU prequels I've seen that actually kicked ***), but that was it. I don't even give a *** about Transformers 2 or anything else, from now on, I stream it online before I give them a dime...

double fixed

--

Avatar fandom has been all pantybunched since the movie was announced. The movies not even out and people are "his scar isnt scar-y enough" "the armor isnt exactly like it was in the cartoon" "why cant Dante Basco play Zuko!? /waaaaaaaaa"

I can understand the casting complaints but personally I was semi looking forward to Jesse Mccartney Zuko just because XD I hope Shyamalan is a shipper of sorts, if he's a zutara shipper then the world would explode and Id die laughing.

I hope its a good movie, the teaser trailer looked cool to me.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-25 13:41:25  
So keeping up to date on new movies (sorry i didnt do WoW one, Darkvision won me by a few hours so i desisted on doing that) James Cameron confirmed that Titanic may go 3D. IMO this sucks, theres lot of movies i would love to see 3D and believe me Titanic aint one of those. How bout Lord of the Rings?

Another movies coming up in 3d will be Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story 2.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 has a start shooting date for April and May of 2010, so pics of this new adventure are still to come.

Lastly, for those 80's hardcore game fans, here are some Concept Art for the coming soon Movie: Tron Legacy.

Edit: ONE MORE SAW MOVIE?! GDI
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-25 13:47:33  
on World of Warcraft:

I disagree with a few members about the outcoming of the film being disastrous. I think since this is a HUGE franchise, it will be not because has a lot of backup. Will most likely be an opening hit. Possibly yes, the movie may suck, unless they get good writers and a good director. Lets hope hollywood doesnt repeat the same mistake. I still have a bad flavor in my mouth from D&D.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-25 13:55:46  
all the virgin nerds and idiots will flock by the thousands to see a WoW movie. I'm pretty sure the IQ level of the cities that movie will be in will drop, and the mortality rate will go up by 90%.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-25 14:31:12  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Knowing was kinda dumb...

Almost everything with Nick Cage seems kinda dumb. He annoys me...

I hate nick sooo much

he ruins every movie hes in (for me)

a serious movie requires a serious actor >.> not a dumbass
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-25 14:58:34  
On the subject of a WoW movie, my friend really wants to know who they're getting to play the Chinese Gold Farmers.
 Sylph.Cerilono
サーバ: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-07-25 15:05:40  
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa.

They're making a second DBZ movie?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-25 15:20:57  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
On the subject of a WoW movie, my friend really wants to know who they're getting to play the Chinese Gold Farmers.

an American with no ties to Chinese culture or heritage who probably won't even know where mainland China is
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-07-25 15:35:59  
For those who still hasnt seen the Alice trailer

Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-07-25 17:12:46  
I would like to summarize Dragonball movie with the following image

User submitted image
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-08-04 06:26:00  
Wow i forgot about this, this pretty much sums up the title of this thread:

Ill will press FTW
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-08-07 09:18:06  
So I almost die yesterday. In the Next installment of Dark Knight guess who Auditioned for the role of Batgirl?

Ready?

You Sure?

Hold on!

Miley Cyrus, /rolls eyes
Ill pray, hard.

Also heard that hollywood would be making and English Version of the movie "EL Orfanato" (the Orphanage). I freaking Loved this movie. Dont, PLZ DONT *** this one up. PLZ
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-07 09:31:09  
Amael said:
So I almost die yesterday. In the Next installment of Dark Knight guess who Auditioned for the role of Batgirl?

Ready?

You Sure?

Hold on!

Miley Cyrus, /rolls eyes
Ill pray, hard.

The thought of Batgirl being in the next one makes me not want to see it.
 Cerberus.Nieko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-07 10:14:24  
Thunderz said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Knowing was kinda dumb...

Almost everything with Nick Cage seems kinda dumb. He annoys me...

I hate nick sooo much

he ruins every movie hes in (for me)

a serious movie requires a serious actor >.> not a dumbass

This annnnd.....
Excesspain said:
Amael said:

Ready?

You Sure?

Hold on!

Miley Cyrus, /rolls eyes
Ill pray, hard.

The thought of Batgirl being in the next one makes me not want to see it.

This.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-07 10:37:27

I just hope they don't had Robin into the mix either.
 Pandemonium.Vite
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vite 2009-08-07 11:24:08

aside from Hollywood sucking big time. Any anime or game turned into a movie will be crap either by Hollywood or something else.
 Pandemonium.Kield
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Kield
By Pandemonium.Kield 2009-08-07 11:38:26  
Cianti said:
I would like to summarize Dragonball movie with the following image

User submitted image

HAHAHAHAHA.