users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Chloris
Chloris
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-18 12:56:36  
idk if theres already a post on this but just asking, is it possible to duo Chloris Nin/Dncx2? duoing Armageddon for myself and Redemption for my friend Jashin, we can duo Carabosse and Cirein-Croin, just dunno about Ulha however u spell it, and Chloris
By richwood 2011-03-18 12:58:15  
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
idk if theres already a post on this but just asking, is it possible to duo Chloris Nin/Dncx2? duoing Armageddon for myself and Redemption for my friend Jashin, we can duo Carabosse and Cirein-Croin, just dunno about Ulha however u spell it, and Chloris

Not sure about nin/dncx2, but mnk or nin + whm, can burn it down in less then 3 mins
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-18 13:01:29  
oh ok :S well i know u said trio but if any duo was possible what job combo what be the best, i have Nin Cor Pup Brd 90 he has Drk Nin Rdm Blm 90
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-18 13:03:31  
NIN + RDM/WHM, might want to bring along some fanatics and holy waters just in case.
 Odin.Slugg
サーバ: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-03-18 13:04:13  
From those job choices, I think your initial inclination of NIN/DNC x 2 can do it with an Evasion macro for his hundred fists, but don't forget holy waters.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-18 13:04:51  
ok cool, thank you both for the answers, while servers are down were tryna setup like an organizer so when we get back can get everything done, any other suggestions job wise?
 Asura.Sangunius
サーバ: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-03-18 13:05:54  
In the case of Chloris, I'd say any set-up lacking a person who can spam doom off would be foolish. I've had my fair share of death via doom even with a whm and spamming holy waters myself. As for Ulhuadshi, pretty much a walk in the park in comparison. I wouldn't say 2xNin/dnc could do him but rdm+nin should be able too. It all would come down to how lucky you get with removing doom from Chloris. Otherwise smooth fights for both.
 Ragnarok.Holyman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2011-03-18 13:06:41  
NIN/WAR + RDM/WHM , bring some Holy Water stacks with you , even NIN/DNC x2 works if u have good evasion build + using right atmas for HF , anyways meds is must .

Ulhuadshi is easy too just make sure not to heal it whenever it readies TP move , it will never use same nasty moves as Glavoid Gorge/Disgorge , but will use Psych Drain which sucks a bit as it drains your stats , but nothing too dangerous , with WHM or his RDM , you should be fine , barstonra helps , & if you have mdt set , just go offensive all the way .
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-18 13:07:20  
ok great, we both have about + 130 eva in our eva sets, think thats good enough, i have 5 merits in agi 4/4 eva merits 317 parry 362 eva skill
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-03-18 13:09:05  
I've done it thf/nin and whm/blm. Chloris is weak to paralyze, blind, silence and slow, and those enfeebles help BIG TIME. Mnk/war and whm/blm is pure rape tho, monk simply counterstance tanks, and has provoke for when hate reset occurs. Thf has a slower kill time, but you get treasure hunter+. He really isn't very dangerous, just bring lots and lots of holy waters...and a good eva set.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-18 13:09:08  
ok so for chloris we should do nin/war + rdm/whm to be safest and bring holy waters, and for the big worm guy would nin/dnc + me on brd/whm work, i have mp and refresh atma could use earth carol I and II
 Odin.Slugg
By Odin.Slugg 2011-03-18 13:13:29  
I'd try NIN/DNC x 2 first before NIN+RDM because of hate resets under 50%, but if you manage to hold tp and WS when it uses hundred fists under 50%, it might not go for the RDM.

I've done a couple fights MNK+WHM and just WS'ed when it reset, it worked, but Cure IV's will probably gain more hate.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-03-18 13:14:27  
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
ok so for chloris we should do nin/war + rdm/whm to be safest and bring holy waters, and for the big worm guy would nin/dnc + me on brd/whm work, i have mp and refresh atma could use earth carol I and II

That sounds like a good plan, Rdm has paralyze 2, works wonders on Chloris.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-18 13:14:53  
ok, thanks everyone i appreciate the help :D
 Bahamut.Xeones
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xeones
By Bahamut.Xeones 2011-03-18 13:20:30  
Only problem I see with two people in range of Chloris is doom > terror. Out of 50 Chloris buds only happened twice, but still have the change.
 Odin.Slugg
By Odin.Slugg 2011-03-18 13:22:55  
doom > turn and holy water > resume!
 Ragnarok.Holyman
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2011-03-18 13:23:21  
If they're both NIN chances it won't spam TP moves , NIN almost hit the cap on subtle blow with traits/buffs/gear , no ?
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-03-18 13:45:16  
Hallowed water. Also, the problem with nin/dnc is you will be missing a few red procs from /war. You'll be missing red lotus, seraph strike, seraph blade, and earth crusher. That could really hurt you in farming the KI's.

I've personally done RDM+BLU on this guy many times and never had an issue with hate. I think your best option will be nin/war+rdm. Make sure rdm has decent pdt gear if you don't plan on bringing hallowed water and he could hold chloris in case nin dies. Chloris is a mnk obviously so his regular attacks are very weak with phalanx up.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-03-18 13:52:33  
Strangely enuff, i never knew hallowed water existed......
 Ragnarok.Akuji
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-18 15:17:23  
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
For the big worm guy would nin/dnc + me on brd/whm work, I have mp and refresh atma could use earth carol I and II.

Bad idea. Need a third to help heal, also NIN/WAR
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-18 15:23:13  
I've watched a pink DNC/NIN solo Chloris a couple times on Odin. It took them an uber long time to actually kill it, but that's probably due to them never swapping out of their Eva gear for anything at all.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-18 15:28:01  
richwood said:
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
Not sure about nin/dncx2, but mnk or nin + whm, can burn it down in less then 3 mins
[/i]
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-18 15:29:42  
Wow. That's really stupid. Good job.
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-03-18 18:06:15  
Too bad he's actually right...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [437 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2012-05-28 15:35:39  
Could anyone provide some info as to whether it would be better to cleave the KI's or kill the NMs for them? Gonna have 3 pop holders so looking for the fastest route.
Thanks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-05-28 15:57:28  
Cleaving can be just too random sometimes. We recently cleaved that zone doing chloris and glavoid at the same time. Sometimes we would have 4 of us with 4/4 glav ki and no one with 4/4 chloris. What we did was cleave for a while then once we get some of the more annoying ki out of chests would just pop the rest to finish sets
By Thanzo187 2012-05-28 16:10:24  
I did chloris and glav and finished in 2 days what we did is cleave till we completed a set and pretty much did what Kunisama did pop w/e NM's we needed and went on Chloris itself is easy lol.