users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Tachi: Rana
Tachi: Rana
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-03-22 18:32:31  
idk if someone posted about this but a friend of mine prefers to use tachi rana over the other ws's so was wondering whats a good build for it. i saw its mod was 35% STR and since its a multi hit i thoguht maybe att/acc too, just would like some opinions thanks
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-03-24 02:33:02  
I actually am a huge Rana fanatic myself. In order of importance / good results, here's my goals with gear/food/atma.

Weapon Base Damage (Apparently moreso than for Y/G/K) - Recommend Kikugosaku
Attack (unless you have over 800 with food, if so I suggest DA/TA as highest importance)
Double/Triple Attack
STR
Accuracy

If you have Shadow Gorget, Shadow/Anguinus/Sentry Belt and Champion's Galea, and capped GK skill, you generally will not have any problems consistently hitting all 3 hits. (with Aggressor up especially)

It seems to only spike to very high levels of damage when you have attack buffs up. Or when you double/triple attack. The fact that it can do upwards of 3500+ with only 100tp is what makes it desirable. (At least when you don't have Tachi: Fudo) Also its higher TP output can be useful for making that 5-hit build work when you just don't have enough Store TP gear on your non-haste slots.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-03-24 02:39:59  
Copy a Fudo build, it should give the best results.

You shouldnt have to focus on ACC in most situations cruor buffs/RR take care of any ACC issues you would have.
 Asura.Takinagi
サーバ: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-03-24 02:40:12  
Stop been gimp.

Get Fudo.