フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » torcleaver numbers
torcleaver numbers
First Page 2
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-05-01 00:06:35  
jw what are some typical numbers ppl with torcleaver are getting inside / outside abyssea. thanks.

edit: pretrolls post:

Dont say well it varies on your gear. im asking those with the emp what numbers they r seeing
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-01 00:09:31  
inside abyssea: well it varies on the atma and DA/TA procs you'd get.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-05-01 00:32:17  
Valefor.Ivaan said:
jw what are some typical numbers ppl with torcleaver are getting inside / outside abyssea. thanks.

Dont say well it varies on your gear. im asking those with the emp what numbers they r seeing
Seriously varies with gear and atmas.

It's possible to go full vit, full atk, hybrid of both.
Numbers varies based on what type of mob you're fighting with, what's their cRatio, if your pDIF is capped.

You need to present us in what circumstance you want us to show the numbers, otherwise I can safely tell you that I can deal 200 dmg as much as I can deal 3,000.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-01 00:35:06  
non-troll post (Just cause, you totally asked for the first one lol):
If you're looking for ways to improve your WS dmg by asking others about their numbers; you'd be better off just posting gear/asking for advice. Like above; I can tell you I can do 200~3k/4k or whatever because of different circumstances, and it wouldn't help you anymore than my first post lol.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-05-01 01:19:29  
from a DRK using RR RL GH or RR GH AOA for am3 1k crit spamming, Most of the parsed averages over tp mobs and NMs combined were generally 2.2-2.5kish from what i remember.

Fairly large sample sizes from various NMs/tp mobs at various tp% but that's what i've seen.

edit: DRK/MNK counterstance farming mobs
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-05-01 01:48:22  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
non-troll post (Just cause, you totally asked for the first one lol):
If you're looking for ways to improve your WS dmg by asking others about their numbers; you'd be better off just posting gear/asking for advice. Like above; I can tell you I can do 200~3k/4k or whatever because of different circumstances, and it wouldn't help you anymore than my first post lol.

Like i said, i just want to know what other ppl have seen from what they have.

I dont have the weapon or ws lol

but i was curious as to building one since i have quietus alrdy
 Lakshmi.Zaps
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2011-05-01 01:56:38  
I 90% of the time use VV RR Apoc, and my torcleavers on exp mobs average 2k-2.8k.

tbh i think the fairest comparison i can give is based on another weapon instead on what we were fighting.

Against both the (very well used) Masamune's in my shell, i can easily say that torcleaver does on average 20% less damage then fudo inside abyssea, but about 10% more then fudo outside abyssea. That is coming from just the WS standpoint.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-05-01 01:59:06  
Our DRK in my ls does about 3k consistently and spikes up to 5k. Spikes are probably from Apoc atma.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-13 10:22:51  
Hi guys. Toolazytomakeanewthreadguy here.

Since Monday my torcleaver numbers have been struggling (compared to the month before).

VV RR AoA with this:

Am i doing something wrong? Can anyone think why my numbers seem lower, or is it because I'm eyeballing. (Obviously I'm speaking of when LR is down).

Just looking for a couple opinions.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-05-14 02:24:00  

Kk so this is my current torcleaver set. Need some improving ik. Like Cop vit neck instead. or the snow neck. and ares's body, and also +2 legs. But besides that... how else is it looking? I have yet to get all my lanterns. I actually have all the gear set up there atm.

I was thinking maybe new hands? Like try to get the versa hands from attowha chasm that give 5 vit as mod from chests.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-14 22:04:04  
In case someone missef them, there are new New legs and feet. I believe this is currently the best setup (Atk+4, TP Bonus+25 Moonshade) with high buffs, LR up. You lose some Attack but gain a considerable amount of VIT:

Edit: @ Anookulchandra, I'm pretty sure an ele torque will always prove better than Fort torque.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-05-14 22:34:35  
however, apathy torque is slightly better than snow gorget due to the fact that you are potentially adding 0.1 to 5.1 ftp. You might want to consider that piece.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-14 22:46:04  
versa mufflers with vit+5 > Ares's. I have a pair with +3, trying for +5 still. With roaming nm KIs being in gold chests, hopefully it will happen sometime =D
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-14 22:57:36  
I'm aware of Versa mufflers but eh... lucky augments are always such a torture to get. The August update should also bring us Salvage updates so I definitely won't bother hunting those items.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [128 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2011-09-19 12:14:40  
Valefor.Ivaan said: »

It depends more on the mob you fight so you can't make a general statement. But i'm gonna tell you what i saw.
Outside abyssea, i saw dmg between 1.1k and 5.5k. Lowest were on Feuerunke, highest vs mobs in Salvage (ppl generally say lolsalvage).
Quietus is far better on mobs like feuerunke, Torcleaver rocks the hell on salvage mobs and DL.

Inside Abyssea you'll have to swap weapon too depending on the mob you fight, so i suggest you get the optimal atma set for it to work on both weapons.
By volkom 2011-09-19 12:25:23  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Valefor.Ivaan said: »

It depends more on the mob you fight so you can't make a general statement. But i'm gonna tell you what i saw.
Outside abyssea, i saw dmg between 1.1k and 5.5k. Lowest were on Feuerunke, highest vs mobs in Salvage (ppl generally say lolsalvage).
Quietus is far better on mobs like feuerunke, Torcleaver rocks the hell on salvage mobs and DL.

Inside Abyssea you'll have to swap weapon too depending on the mob you fight, so i suggest you get the optimal atma set for it to work on both weapons.
sub sam, RR/Apoc/A&O, eat red curry bun +1, weaponskill-> don't die after the 3~8k ws
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Kyrael
user: Kyrael
By Bahamut.Kyrael 2012-01-28 15:15:56  
I just finished up a couple nights ago but I get a solid 2.5k to 3k with spikes varying which I assume is aftermath or DA. For WS I cap atk and then just stack up VIT where I can. Nothing overly fancy for WS gear either. Twilight and +2 really. I'm still trying to figure out a good balance myself but I hope this helps ^ ^
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-28 15:27:41  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Hi guys. Toolazytomakeanewthreadguy here.

Since Monday my torcleaver numbers have been struggling (compared to the month before).

VV RR AoA with this:

Am i doing something wrong? Can anyone think why my numbers seem lower, or is it because I'm eyeballing. (Obviously I'm speaking of when LR is down).

Just looking for a couple opinions.

This is why your numbers are low inside abyssea. Just get Mounted Champion or Alpha and Omega instead.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-28 15:33:56  
Good job quoting something almost a year old?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-28 15:41:46  
VV is fine for roaming around/proccing. Ideally for torcleaver you want Apoc/RR/Alpha and Omega.

But since Resolution came out VV is a very solid choice again because it's better to spam it with aftermaths up.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-01-28 15:41:51  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Good job quoting something almost a year old?

Brb see you next year.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-01-30 09:49:31  
im curious myself since im considering making cala. But comparing my Resolution to the number i seen makes me cry and want to stop. then i relised this is a year old when 2-3k was ok to do. My reso with apoc rr and vv averages on exp mobs and altepa 4k spikes to 7k. nothing speciale on gear, some +2s, grim, and mostly stacked str/DA.

If anyone is getting much higher numbers then mine plz let me know. Of course if you got aftermath proc on resolution that dont count lol. But id like to see some modern averages on tocleave vs resolution on say altepa dolls exp mobs. Someone plz go crack skulls and give me some results!
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-30 09:55:14  
Takes less time to make the OAT GS... Don't waste time on a Calad.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-01-30 11:36:36  
OAT?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-01-30 18:40:46  
oh duh
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-02-04 08:27:32  
Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Takes less time to make the OAT GS... Don't waste time on a Calad.

What's OAT for exactly? Fighting with atma?
 Leviathan.Cycerath
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2012-02-20 23:49:37  
on average i probably do 2.5-3.8k torcleavers, somtimes 4-5k range. typcially i use Apoco, MC, RR. RR is for spikes on aftermath, but i found i can tank and deal damage pretty well with this set up. The Regen is very nice as well as the extra VIT for reducing damage. VV doesn't add much for me except 5% double attack and that regain, but i haven't really found a situation that i needed that over MC, MC helps me die less :) (inside aby)
 Valefor.Rancor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-21 02:19:51  
300 TP Tor > spam 5/5 Resolution seems optimal, even with Ragnarok. Dnt have one personally, but from what I have seen it is not impressive. If you do cara path the only weapon worth while any more is Armageddon.
First Page 2