Torcleaver Numbers

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » torcleaver numbers
torcleaver numbers
By Fupafighters 2012-02-21 02:24:57  
Masamune cough* yeah caladblogg seems kinda useless now.
 Valefor.Rancor
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-02-21 03:28:01  
idk from what I hear better off with 100TP bonus magian than masa with merit ws, though I am sure aftermath and the base damage are still worth while :p Ulike Cala tho, there are a lot of easy to get GS that beat out its base damage unless you are going for a 95/99 one
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-21 06:06:26  
It all stands to the TP value you WS at. For stuff like VW where you constantly WS at 300 TP, being able to ride the full AM (and spam Reso/Shoha) benefits the emps.

TP Bonus Magians are stronger at lower TP values where they affect the WS by bumping it up another 100 TP.

The comparison also varies depending on which stage you are using. If you only have a lvl 85-90 Emp and aren't planning on getting it further up you will be better off making a OaT / WS Dmg / TP Bonus.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-21 08:12:47  
Fupafighters said: »
Masamune cough* yeah caladblogg seems kinda useless now.

XD

I probably wouldn't use my caladbolg right now if I had the OAT GS. However, if I trigger aftermath with 300 tp and spam Resolution repeatedly, I'm not exactly worried about beating your average masamune samurai.

Caladbolg is not a terrible investment for DRK considering the "effort" involved in that path. In my opinion OAT GS would be a better investment ****AT THIS POINT IN TIME****. If you could magically get a borealis (ha) then you could skip both.

Still for what it's worth: I do about 3000-3600 with 300 tp torcleaver to ADL, where I'm doing that+ with Resolution @ 100 tp. The WS itself is pretty meh in comparison to Resolution. I think it's safe to say the WoE version is comfortably easy to hang up.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-21 13:48:57  
Well this isn't a drk vs sam thread haha. I just think torcleaver seems pretty useless. Yeah the aftermath is nice, but its pretty much the same as fudo, it got outdated >.< Maybe with the new update where the fix save tp, we will be forced to swing more in VW and aftermath will have more of an effect.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-21 14:41:36  
Fupafighters said: »
Well this isn't a drk vs sam thread haha. I just think torcleaver seems pretty useless. Yeah the aftermath is nice, but its pretty much the same as fudo, it got outdated >.< Maybe with the new update where the fix save tp, we will be forced to swing more in VW and aftermath will have more of an effect.

I agree entirely. I also gave outside abyssea personal experience.

Meleeing made up 42% of my damage from these ADLs, without souleater up. That portion of my damage may or may not have been as high without aftermath, but I feel that in a non-temp item situation you can benefit from Calabolg's aftermath. Although the "ability damage" column was from the resolutions shows that these were beating torcleaver hand over fist.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-21 14:52:19  
For DRK idk how swinging more would favor cald over OAT GS. seems like they would break even
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-21 15:15:35  
I'm not sure that I know what I'm talking about here. I'm positive that there are several someones on this forum who could throw a pile of maths at me and tell me why I'm an idiot for saying this (panda, wolf, some-sort-of-animal avatar)but:

I figured the aftermath on calad would increase overall damage in the above situation because of the amount of hits required to get to ws. OAT would increase the WS frequency but I wasn't seeing it as big as the increase to DPS from aftermath. In voidwatch with all the regain and savetp (which is soon to be nerfed anyhow) you're frequently only a couple hits from WS'ing again anyhow. I feel that outside of abyssea when youre 3-4 hits to next ws, it makes it less likely to get the "instant ws" you get from OAT 50% of the time.

Again, I could be wrong and spreading mis-information here. I'm not claiming that I'm right, just speculating.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-21 15:44:55  
I know, and im sure an animal avatar will be in here soon (mines not real, just like my math and assumptions) but i would figure if you have a 30-40% chance to ODD on one weapon. and a chance to OAT on another... that their white dmg (except with souleater up) will be around the same (higher to calad because higher base dmg) but within a certain percent. because OAT is like dealing double dmg...

but i would give an edge to OAT because you will WS more often, and more WS in the window of berserk/souleater/last resort/ whatever other limited buff you have.

but just for TP phase i would assume they would be about equal no? idk. i could be way off.