Ballista Fenny?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Ballista Fenny?
Ballista Fenny?
First Page 2
 Asura.Bdice
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bdice
By Asura.Bdice 2009-04-01 23:57:19  
Does Fenrir still have a massive Ballista scene??
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-01 23:58:09  
Bdice said:

People care about Ballista?

I thought only gimps did Ballista cause thats the only thing they were good at?
 Asura.Bdice
By Asura.Bdice 2009-04-02 00:08:48  
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-02 00:10:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I dont know anyone who ballistas anymore
 Asura.Bdice
By Asura.Bdice 2009-04-02 00:11:35  
i know alot of people
but i alwayz heard fenrir was ALL about pvp
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-02 00:16:57  
Your name sounds very familar.

Are you the guy who never lets people 1 vs 1 on ballista?

Or Brenner?

Aren't you Domosai's friend?

Are you the reason why I stopped doing PvP cause they would not understand that "Don't fight XXX or YYY cause XXX challanges YYY 1 vs 1?"
 Kujata.Gooby
サーバ: Kujata
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-04-02 01:06:31  
I used to hate it when people cut in on a 1-1.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-02 01:53:36  
I stopped doing PvP (then again, I didn't do it much anyway) because idiots would just start attacking 1v1 people in the middle of the fight.

Had a big arguement over it, and I just quit in the middle of one and left.
 Asura.Bdice
By Asura.Bdice 2009-04-02 14:17:28  
lol i know domosai
but i <3 1v1 so that wouldnt have been me
usually when sumone interupts 1v1's on puurpose
i keep killing them so they cant exit.. lol.
 Lakshmi.Strey
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-02 14:25:37  
I love ballista Lakshmi almost always has 60 cap and no cap ones full. Its a game with objectives if you want to win play hard lol. Want to 1 v 1 you can reserve one without worry.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-02 14:27:20

I still wish you were allowed gear swaps without penalty. I suppose it's a good strategic approach to choose your gear wisely for all potential situations in PvP.
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-02 14:30:09  
Indead, always fun going in forgetting your macros swap gear.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-02 14:37:04

Quote:
Its a game with objectives if you want to win play hard lol. Want to 1 v 1 you can reserve one without worry.

QFT.

You wanna 1v1, take it elsewhere, there's Diorama and Brenner for that. Ballista is a team battle.
 Asura.Icon
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-02 14:41:03  
Korpg said:
Bdice said:

Apparently not as it seems you don't do Ballista.
 Asura.Bdice
By Asura.Bdice 2009-04-02 16:47:03  
so it would appear Lakshimi is the ballisa servernow? lol
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-02 16:52:37  
I wouldn't know about the ballista server i just know i can rely on doing 60 or 75 cap 90% of the time all other caps are like 5-10% anyone shows up.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-02 16:57:10  
Icon said:
Korpg said:
Bdice said:

So, you must be a pro at Ballista then?
 Fenrir.Martin
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-04-02 17:21:32  
Yes, Fenrir still does ballista 60 and uncapped 6-40ish ppl every day
 Fenrir.Jala
user: Jala
By Fenrir.Jala 2009-04-02 22:12:29  
Guess im heading to Lakshimi Im a very experienced PvPer. If any PvP LSs are recruiting id be intrested. Im also looking for some1 to team up and wreck havoc with me as thf drk and sam. Windy ppl please XD
 Asura.Bdice
By Asura.Bdice 2009-04-02 23:01:38  
/nod to Jala.
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-04-02 23:04:38

Korpg said:
Icon said:
Korpg said:
Bdice said:

Ballista is still a part of FFXI, and people who chose to play ballista instead of doing the others things possible in FFXI shouldnt be dragged down wich you apparently try to here. I play ballista on fenrir alot and I enjoy it everytime:) Saying "only gimps do ballista" wtf kind of statement is that, seriously? Can you describe what a gimp is in FFXI? A "gimp" in situations where you need a flawless tank on a HNM might be the best ballista player on the server... Your lack of knowledge angers me a bit
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-04-03 01:12:27  
I've seen it sometimes when I'm trekking through the applicable zones.

On the subject of 1v1s, ballista is fair game if you only want to fight your friends, go reserve it.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-03 04:21:49  
Jeniffer said:
Korpg said:
Icon said:
Korpg said:
Bdice said:

Ballista is still a part of FFXI, and people who chose to play ballista instead of doing the others things possible in FFXI shouldnt be dragged down wich you apparently try to here. I play ballista on fenrir alot and I enjoy it everytime:) Saying "only gimps do ballista" wtf kind of statement is that, seriously? Can you describe what a gimp is in FFXI? A "gimp" in situations where you need a flawless tank on a HNM might be the best ballista player on the server... Your lack of knowledge angers me a bit

Going by the standards of Ballista regulars on Asura....

There is this MNK/DRK who loves to try to take hate as much as possible. Meaning he uses Souleater right before Asurian Fists. Pretty much gets himself killed on events like 10% of the time.

Here is the thing, he rarely kills himself by getting hit by mobs. He usually kills himself by getting hit by AoEs from mobs (ok, so he does die from mobs, but not the way he intended to). The guy would just not stop getting himself killed. Every time we tell him not to be a MP sink, he tries even harder to be a MP sink. He even goes out of the way to cast Poisonga on sleeping mobs (thank god they almost never stick) but have wiped the LS a few times before.

He never gotten kicked because he also happens to be a friend of the leader of the shell. This was a long time ago.

I heard he started his own shell now, but he has problems keeping people from leaving. I think his attitude towards those who, you know, try not to get everyone killed is what does it.

Now, every time I see Ballista, I automatically think of him.

Thats why I say gimp, that plus the fact of the gears he wears for events/ballista.
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-04-03 06:02:03

So because of one person in a linkshell on asura wich is a MP sponge on events you judge ballista in general to be a thing gimps do in ffxi:P

However, ballista on fenrir is USUALLY good, the 60 and uncap fights atleast, the other fights rarely occur. Some people are still taking advantage of the lame "hit and run" tactics still, but I guess its a free way to deal 50-150 dam and get some TP so, yeah, unless they increase the time inbetween sprints, that will stay.

For anyone who wish to serverswap for a ballista server I do think fenrir is a good option. At either NA or JP times its usually 10-30 in each 60 cap match and 5-15 in uncap, late at night NA its rarely any match cancelled also:)
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-04-03 06:38:05  
Korpg said:
Jeniffer said:
Korpg said:
Icon said:
Korpg said:
Bdice said:

Going by the standards of Ballista regulars on Asura....

There is this MNK/DRK who loves to try to take hate as much as possible. Meaning he uses Souleater right before Asurian Fists. Pretty much gets himself killed on events like 10% of the time.

Here is the thing, he rarely kills himself by getting hit by mobs. He usually kills himself by getting hit by AoEs from mobs (ok, so he does die from mobs, but not the way he intended to). The guy would just not stop getting himself killed. Every time we tell him not to be a MP sink, he tries even harder to be a MP sink. He even goes out of the way to cast Poisonga on sleeping mobs (thank god they almost never stick) but have wiped the LS a few times before.

He never gotten kicked because he also happens to be a friend of the leader of the shell. This was a long time ago.

I heard he started his own shell now, but he has problems keeping people from leaving. I think his attitude towards those who, you know, try not to get everyone killed is what does it.

Now, every time I see Ballista, I automatically think of him.

Thats why I say gimp, that plus the fact of the gears he wears for events/ballista.

I gotta agree here. This is about the same level of skill I always find in Ballista or Brenner. People seem to think that if they can kill a Colibri in a party, they're a badass at their job.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-03 06:38:25  
Sorry if I offended you at any way.

I am also sorry that every time I see somebody say ballista, I always go lol cause of that guy.
 Fenrir.Jeniffer
user:
By Fenrir.Jeniffer 2009-04-03 06:49:28

Eh..It's ok. Some people also take ballista for 100% fun only, even you are solotanking, or beeing on a important job with your linkshell you don't pull a leroy or all of a sudden do something stupid, this however can you do in ballista without major damage done to anyone, maybe this is one of many reasons why you/others look at ballista as a "gimp" thing to do? Thats how I feel it can be anyway:)
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-03 08:21:31  
The only thing i don't like about it is mens attitudes they compete so hard if they get killed feel the need to send tells using auto translate lol "<Too Weak> <paper> <Armor> <Amature>" /slap. And come to find its alot like attaining a Kraken Club, the whole time you are doing it everyone tells you how much its sucks and say how much you are wasteing then once you get it it becomes an Idol... "Can i borrow it?" then in ballista they say they hate it, start playing, get way to competitive, then explain again why it doesnt matter and it sucks anyways lol yet when they win its a completley diffrent storry, you hear there IPWNU adventures... just relax and have fun its a sport ^-^
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-04-03 08:45:25  
Strey said:
The only thing i don't like about it is mens attitudes they compete so hard if they get killed feel the need to send tells using auto translate lol "<Too Weak> <paper> <Armor> <Amature>" /slap. And come to find its alot like attaining a Kraken Club, the whole time you are doing it everyone tells you how much its sucks and say how much you are wasteing then once you get it it becomes an Idol... "Can i borrow it?" then in ballista they say they hate it, start playing, get way to competitive, then explain again why it doesnt matter and it sucks anyways lol yet when they win its a completley diffrent storry, you hear there IPWNU adventures... just relax and have fun its a sport ^-^

For real, used to do Ballista/Diorama Abdhaljs-Ghelsba with friends and LS mates quite regularly, usually one or two days a week. And everytime there would be people there that really got on my nerves especially when they get beat 1vs1 you hear..

"I was just lagging, that's why you one I was just about to get my WS off and own you but PvP suxz anyways, I don't even like ballista it's lame who gives a crap if you can beat me 1 vs 1 i dont even care if I lose i'll fight 3 of you by myself it won't matter i'm just bored"... then when they get lucky and find the WHM who was AFK..

"OMG I just PWNED YOU LoLZ nub! You suk at ballista I just pwnd your face, I rule.".

I can't be the only one that sees this crap? It's just so annoying, I mean it's all just for fun anyways, right?
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-03 08:56:31  
Well...yeah. Any which way you look at it, it's an MMO. People get competetive and say things irl that would get their face pushed in. Since they are at no personal harm, they can talk all the big ***they want. As someone who, at the risk of sounding like a douche, I statistically was the best NA ballista player on Pandy before it died out here(70+ Gold Cheverons, at least 200 job cheverons...) and...well...it's never really the locals that complain. While over half were JP, people rarely bitched about losing. It was 500/2500/3000 gil. It's a game. You think you can do better? Use your instaport to the next match.

But yeah...every now and then a new guy shows up with no idea of teamwork, no object of the game besides killing, never using poison pots, etc. Then cries about getting his *** handed to him for not doing research about the game.

As for 1 on 1...if you want to do it in an OM, do it where nobody else gets Gate Breach from it. I won't let a whole party of the opposite team get breach, and lose the game because you're stupid *** is gonna lose a 1 on 1. But that's just me.
First Page 2