users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Briarieus
Briarieus
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-26 20:58:23  
Looking to put together a group to take this guy down. Yes I know he's easy because I've soloed him myself. I'm 9/50 Helms and I don't play that often so I would prefer to set aside a day where me and some others could go into La Theine Abby and spam this bad boy. Obviously I want the helms all else that drops is yours. I was thinking a group of 12 counting myself so that 1 group pops the lesser NMs and procs red for the KI and the others farm the pop items nearby so that every member makes a personal set so we can pop 12 Briarieus back to back.

I'm open to ideas and suggestions as well but the real reason for this post is I don't really know anyone on Fenrir and the linkshell I am in has a few members wanting to do this but not quite the numbers I'm looking for. So hit me up here or ingame if you see me and we'll pick a day. If all goes as planned I don't expect this to take longer than a couple hours or so. This would be a great way for anyone interested to collect plenty of stones and jewels of balance for +2 legs and feet as well as picking up the other drops and the sash. Those looking for clear/atma are encouraged to join but please let me know that is your intent so we can use your KI popset early so you can move on.

Looking for bards, whms, a blm, a good spare ninja incase he 2hrs on my face (he likes to do that lol) and any and all kinds of DD.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-26 21:01:33  
lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-26 21:02:12  
/sigh.

Do you really have nothing better to do Draylo?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-26 21:03:15  
He's been topicbanned. Getting tired of it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-26 21:04:24  
Thanks Krizz :)
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-26 21:05:32  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
/sigh.

Do you really have nothing better to do Draylo?

The answer is obviously, no! D:

Also, I would help but, I play on Asura. ;~;
brb, making a mule and I'll Abyssea it up within a few days! D:
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-26 21:05:48  
Can't say that I'm actually interested as this sounds really not worth it for the people helping but just out of curiosity, Fenrir or Bahamut? Forum is Fenrir but your char indicates Bahamut.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-26 21:09:39  
Friendly suggestion, 12 people is a bit much. Sure it's in your best interest, but the others who are helping for the lesser drops have more competition. You're really only going to get away with a group of 4-6 to be quite frank.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-26 21:13:36  
I'm open to a smaller group I was thinking speed because I've encountered a few people while shouting and making a PUG that some were concerned with "TIME" and this really isnt an issue with me as im sitting on like 200 stones as we speak. Last PUG we did manage to make enough time but so many left half way through because it took longer than they thought it would etc. I'd love to have 4-6 dedicated individuals who knew what they were doing and how to get this done. I had one whm who didn't want to heal us :(
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-26 21:14:55  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Can't say that I'm actually interested as this sounds really not worth it for the people helping but just out of curiosity, Fenrir or Bahamut? Forum is Fenrir but your char indicates Bahamut.

Account was moved to Fenrir against my knowledge or consent. Suffice it to say that I'm stuck on Fenrir for 72 more days and SE wont do a damn about it.
 Asura.Jaybezz
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-05-26 21:20:57  
tbh u will be lucky to get 5-6 people at the best of times,

NIN
WHM
WAR
THF

*1 of thos being a friend hopefully if not drop the thf and buy the pop items off AH

if and i mean IF u cant get a war... plz make sure u have 10/13 of the proc's on ur nin/war....... (raid X(maybe) freeze X shadow of death X)

Sunburst 6-7 merits + head gear from bris = access

raid = event polearm... threw mines years ago ; ;

once ur finish bris stage sobek is a walk in the park, every shitkid teal leg wearing blm will run 2 ur aid for some blm+2 pants.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-26 21:23:05  
Yea I know sobek will be easier besides I find sobek to be the easier nm set to build as well as solo. Why Briarieus was first I have no idea ><
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-05-27 09:05:24  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Why Briarieus was first I have no idea ><

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it's because Abyssea - La Theine was released with Visions of Abyssea, 3 months before Abyssea - Misareaux was released with Scars of Abyssea.

But, I could be wrong.

All joking aside, good luck with your helms. I'm 8/10 myself.
[+]
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-05-27 09:39:44  
I don't know in your server, but in ragna trying to pop with 12 peeps with all the competition on the ??? could take a good while.

Also, flaming aside, i find it funny that u want help from 11 other individuals u dont know for a 1/11 chance on the only 2 +2 items that could drop, for sobek i'd understand since it can drop many +2 now but for bria, you are gonna need luck.

Plus all the walking around la theine sucks <.<, im 34/50 on helms for almace and im pretty sick of it lol plus being on GMT+1 time zone isnt helping, i cant do much because my lunch time = JP prime time so la theine is basically overcrowded and cant do much :<

I agree with sobek being easier, NMs close each other and only tough one is guku, claiming it can be hard sometimes lol

Cheers!!
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-27 22:25:59  
They always come back...
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-27 23:09:04  
xenomasterkenshin said:
I don't know in your server, but in ragna trying to pop with 12 peeps with all the competition on the ??? could take a good while.

I haven't been there for awhile, but with 2-3 pops is it still bad - or are you talking about the KI nm's?

As to the OP:

- You're never going to get 11 randoms to help you.
- I'd recommend the first couple of fights you go as Nin, Whm, Any kind of off-tank. After you get the feel for the fight, all you will need is a Whm. You can solo it as Nin/dnc, but a Whm makes it so even against the worst NM you won't die.
- One suggestion is that you start with a popset then guilt everyone into staying for a round, it works like a charm.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-28 21:53:12  
Bahamut.Serj said:
They always come back...

Just till SWTOR is released sir.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2011-05-28 21:54:25  
Shiva.Msthief said:
xenomasterkenshin said:

I haven't been there for awhile, but with 2-3 pops is it still bad - or are you talking about the KI nm's?

As to the OP:

- You're never going to get 11 randoms to help you.
- I'd recommend the first couple of fights you go as Nin, Whm, Any kind of off-tank. After you get the feel for the fight, all you will need is a Whm. You can solo it as Nin/dnc, but a Whm makes it so even against the worst NM you won't die.
- One suggestion is that you start with a popset then guilt everyone into staying for a round, it works like a charm.

Thanks for the advice ^^ Yea I mean if you want clear/atma or the little +2 items he drops come along. I know no one is going to jump at this like they will when i reach sobek.... hell I remember helping a few people with their sobeks.