Trial Scythes?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Trial Scythes?
Trial Scythes?
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-05-28 10:58:10  
Is there any trial Scythes, besides upgrading relic, worth doing to top Twilight Scythe?
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-28 11:05:07  
I'd have to imagine the OA2-4 scythe would win 10x over for zergs and anytime you're /DNC.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-28 11:05:15  
Any of the DD ones, assuming you're not using Twilight to bypass a damage reduction. Inside Abyssea the best is probably the WSdamage+10% one but outside I'd put my money on OaT... and wouldn't be surprised if it was competitive with WSdamage+10% one inside either. STR Absolution is not a bad choice but only choose a 513 if you can 5 hit it.
[+]
 Siren.Vise
サーバ: Siren
user: Vise
By Siren.Vise 2011-05-28 11:13:36  
Woeborn is fairly incredible at the moment and its also pretty easy to get.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lugat
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-05-28 11:49:38  
Double attack one!
 Phoenix.Ryaan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rguerena
By Phoenix.Ryaan 2011-05-28 12:10:58  
I have the OAT scythe at 90 and it is by far the best scythe outside abyssea atm. Good luck finding people to do Verthandi now though, I lucked out and got it back when VNM were still common targets for my linkshell. Working on my redemption, but inside abyssea I use Woeborn and pop twilight on if something uses invincible.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-28 12:14:32  
Use a GS

;D

Really though, I just use twilight :/ Never seen the need to do one of the trials ones.
 Phoenix.Ryaan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rguerena
By Phoenix.Ryaan 2011-05-28 12:33:19  
If i were to do an elemental path, I would probably go for the one that lowers def of the mob over the str/attack one. I'd imagine you would see more of a benefit there because of the higher base damage and drk already has very high attack.
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2011-05-28 23:06:18  
I am currently using Maleficence +2 everywhere except Abyssea. Verthandi Gems are without a doubt the largest obstacle facing the OAT path.

Same damage as perdu sickle's latent and occ. attacks twice in addition to a nice 528 delay for an easy 5 hit build(4 hit in campaign but who still does that? ._.). It can shine inside Abyssea against most monsters with Razed Ruins, Apoc, VV, and endark through sheer DPS alone.

Unfortunately(luckily?) after completing Espafut +2 I've been busy throwing Torcleavers at anything that moves. However, last night I was using Twilight Scythe, Voracious Violet, Atma of the Apocalypse, and Alpha & Omega to whip out 2.3k-4.9k Guillotines against IT+ Manticores.

Edit: Alas poor Nightfall for I knew you only too briefly. (dear SE: please add magian trials for obscure weapons that are relevant to nobody but myself plzkthx.)
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-05-29 01:23:34  
Fenrir.Enternius said:
I'd have to imagine the OA2-4 scythe would win 10x over for zergs and anytime you're /DNC.
Cosmos/Ultimate/Whatever Infernal Scythe spam says Hi too. Wipes the floor with most vanilla DRKs.

But for that purpose it's better to do the 2-4 GS for Herculean Slash and throw on an STP atma as third for 5-hit. Faster WSing with stronger WS.

Yes, OA2-4 Scythe is nice for DRK/DNC. Soloed a Greater Amphiptere with it.
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-29 01:50:58  
Store TP Redemption is still pretty hawt.

Can easily make a 4 hit inside/5 hit outside
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-05-29 02:06:08  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Store TP RedemptionReckoning is still pretty hawt.

Can easily make a 4 hit inside/5 hit outside
Don't see why you'd still need Reckoning for either of those. You'll still need two STP atmas for the former anyway even with a Reckoning, and the latter you should be doing to start with on Goading/Aces/Rose/SAM. Any 528 delay is gonna reach 4-hit with two STP atmas unless you're /notSAM.

If you want a decent performing WS path weapon in Abyssea, a TP Bonus GS and Smiting Blow throws a mean 100tp Spinning Slash or Ground Strike. It's like Torc Lite for a weekend of work if you already have the atma. Can do the same with Spiral Hell sans the attack bonus.

And yes, a lot of these options will trump Twilight Scythe situationally in Abyssea.

Outside of Abyssea the gap closes between everything (except the exotic magic WS builds, which go kaput). What will be better than Twilight gets a little more specific, on the short order of HQ/NQ Empy, OAT Scythe, Woeborn, maybe OA4 Scythe, and all their GS equivalents.

Twilight still holds a top place for anything Physical resistant that it can bypass.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-05-29 12:27:07  
I put a lot of time into the OA4 scythe and am deeply disappointed. If I'm going to solo something, I usually am dnc or thf anyway and for dmg, it's just horrible. I use twilight mostly full time until I can unlock Torcleaver. Mostly because I don't want to put time into another trial scythe, but I do good dmg in and outside aby. it's not too hard to hit 3k ws inside aby against IT mobs, but outside I usually do about 2kish. If you're willing to put the time into a trial, you should seriously consider doin emp weapon even though they require a lot more work.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-29 12:39:27  
Woeborn may not be a bad option. I have not tried it out myself.

As for trials, maybe do the WoE path. The last upgrade I made on scythe was from plaga to relic, so I don't have much first hand experience on trial scythes.

I was never a big fan on twilight because the death proc rate was very low.
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-05-29 13:00:50  
Siren.Vise said:
Woeborn is fairly incredible at the moment and its also pretty easy to get.
Woeborn is better than the trial scythes (aside from like empyrean and such)

It beats the twilight scythe for damage in any situation where the mob doesn't have a resistance to slashing/damage.

Edit: Death proc is low and can't proc with en dark up which lowers overall DPS. The chance you may kill a full strength mob doesnt outweigh the damage loss of endark + more weapon damage.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-05-29 15:51:55  
Asura.Tawhoya said:
I put a lot of time into the OA4 scythe and am deeply disappointed.
Cosmos/Ultimate/Baying, 90~70 damage Endark, 1.5k+ Infernal Scythe as fast as you can push the button. It's still the fastest natural TP gain in the game and got a huge boost from Stalwart Soul making it less suicidal to Souleater it. Dropping a decent zerg on anything, anywhere, without feint or marches or other BS, comes in handy. It just has the short end of the stick on base damage right now, coming out to 140 corrected for fSTR and Multihit rate compared to Woeborn at 153 or OAT at 162, and then you start hitting WS saturation at high buffs.

Difference between Woeborn and Twilight is pretty minimal at this point. Same +STR, same fSTR, smidge less delay on Twilight. They each have their own bonuses otherwise. Death proc doesn't work on anything that matters. I'd say less of a difference between them than Tredecim vs Death+1.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-07-15 06:43:40  
I did the Store TP Reckoning back before Abyssea was in full swing, and it's treated me fairly well outside of Abyssea for very little work. Though, with Regain atmas in Aby, Store TP is kinda useless now.

Made a MAB scythe because the MAB trial path is so freakin fast and easy(almost entire trial can be done in Ulegrand Range); did 3 different MAB weps in about a week. It's helpful for Infernal Scythe and it's base damage is decent. I don't have Woeborn or Twilight Scythe yet.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-07-15 06:48:31  
I have a 2-4hit scythe , from maigan took me forever, but havent even really used it, Ifigured with full af3+2 /drg with wyvern earing lots of hp gear, and goading belt, It might be a good zerg setup. I have most the stuff, 3/5 of af3+2, but still havent been able to test it.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-07-16 18:56:59  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
I have a 2-4hit scythe , from maigan took me forever, but havent even really used it, Ifigured with full af3+2 /drg with wyvern earing lots of hp gear, and goading belt, It might be a good zerg setup. I have most the stuff, 3/5 of af3+2, but still havent been able to test it.
Cosmos/Ultimate/BMoon

80+ damage Endark, 1.5-2k Infernal Scythe uberspam. Probably one of the best DRK setups in Abyssea (trumped by OA2-4 GS spamming Herc Slash, which is stronger with Beyond over Cosmos).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.