users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Critical analysis: reworking the 5-hit
Critical analysis: reworking the 5-hit
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-05 14:01:50  
Should work on your trolling Mabrook, ***like that is too obvious.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hotin
サーバ: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2011-06-05 14:03:11  
So regain atma x2... VV and what is the other one again?

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-05 14:09:24  
Simple and honest question for Fudo or Kaiten... Would using Smiting Blow atma be worth it for any of the 3 slots? Isn't that like +100TP bonus or some jazz? Or would you be losing too much?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hotin
サーバ: Asura
user: HotinTJ
By Asura.Hotin 2011-06-05 14:12:13  
Personally inside abyssea i have a 5 hits setup + haste capped(Bustle dirs + goading + VV atma) and using Apoc atma.

edit: with amano
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-05 16:36:23  
I would never rely on Sundering Slash to achieve an x-hit, that's severly nerfing your damage as opposed to some better stuff out there such as Smiting Blow. Why rely on the 3 regain when you can 5-hit easily with gear?

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, what exactly does Sundering Slash let you substitute over a normal 5-hit gear setup?

Edit: I'm assuming this is for Masamune, if it's for your Amano (which it probably is), then ignore everything I've said.
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 19:13:20  
had stepped out to run some errands but i have returned. id to offer some support about making a stage 3 masa. i started off duo me on thf and my fiancée on whm. that worked for the time being. then we added a third person to our group who played rdm for the fight. switched to war to proc kur. basically we would make three ki sets(its only one ki but im still calling a set). then pop three rinse and repeat. did about two rounds of three pops so six boss fights. all in all it took exactly seven days to do it with three people. i did this at a time where people were still afraid of the nm and it also dropped no +2 items so there was never any competition on kur. and if other ppl did have pops for the nm from chest they would just take turns poping it with us. it is one of the more easier trials to complete.

and on another note i also didnt make this thread just for masamune. i meant for sam in general. amano is also a very cool weapon.
By Nabis 2011-06-05 19:18:33  
;/ thread shoulda said reworking 3 hit
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-05 19:24:49  
Bahamut.Zellc said:
and on another note i also didnt make this thread just for masamune. i meant for sam in general. amano is also a very cool weapon.

Oh, I wasn't bashing Amano. It's still quite the ***, and I foresee it overcoming Masamune easily, come post-abyssea at 95 and 99. I was just commenting for others whom might look at his post and think of using Sundering Slash to maintain an x-hit for Masamune, which wouldn't be very wise at all.

Nabis said:

Oh lord, have mercy on this thread's soul.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 19:32:00  
Nabis said:

i figured you would pop in at some point lol
By Nabis 2011-06-05 19:46:31  
ok ok im gone

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-05 20:19:52  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Simple and honest question for Fudo or Kaiten... Would using Smiting Blow atma be worth it for any of the 3 slots? Isn't that like +100TP bonus or some jazz? Or would you be losing too much?
Kaiten (and all the other relic WS) have a static fTP, TP bonus won't really do anything for it. It would increase Fudo damage by a decent amount, but as far as I know Smiting Blow isn't a particularly good choice.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-06-05 21:30:51  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Bahamut.Zellc said:

Oh, I wasn't bashing Amano. It's still quite the ***, and I foresee it overcoming Masamune easily, come post-abyssea at 95 and 99. I was just commenting for others whom might look at his post and think of using Sundering Slash to maintain an x-hit for Masamune, which wouldn't be very wise at all.

i dont think i was saying that to u. when i came back i read the rest of page two and was already saying that. at least i think so lol. overall was a general statement because i saw the conversation going in that direction.

oh and its not like you are not welcome to post any thoughts on the sam adjustment nabis. i will actually welcome any idea(s) that stimulates conversation about the subject.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-15 16:16:30  
I didn't want to make a new thread, but I was wondering, for a Masamune 6-hit with no gimped up gear, what would be the best possible gear for said 6-hit?

I came up with this, I'm not sure how well it would be come the update though obviously with the Zanshin changes, but for now:

Haste +26% and Double Attack +13% w/ Sword Strap.

16.8 TP per hit.

Leaves you needing to get 16 TP on WS. You get 15.9 with Brutal, Rajas, and AF3+2 legs, so you could get that last .1 through either Regain earring outside or Atma inside abyssea, or just switching Bushinomimi for Unkai Mimikazari in either scenario. Alternatively, you could also just TP in White Tathlum.

Comments? Anything that could change to make it better?