Bale Feet - Best Way To Get Them?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Bale Feet - Best way to get them?
Bale Feet - Best way to get them?
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:24:07  
Just been trying to duo in Misereaux coast with a friend, started off duoing apkallus, only saw 1 chest drop a feet piece which was PLD, we decided to move to dragonflys but did not see many gold chests.

We have got amber to 100-150 and tried to keep it around there seen as increasing it to cap gives more of a chance of the bigger gold chests to spawn, which has a much lower drop rate of feet, but still having trouble getting them to spawn, how do other people farm AFv3 feet in Misereaux coast?
 Leviathan.Pewpewz
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Enygma3
By Leviathan.Pewpewz 2011-06-22 17:37:05  
amber > kill mobs > keep killing til you get them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:39:30  
i am aware of that... i already said it in my post, do people get other lights too? How much amber is the right amount to get for the best drop rate? More detail please.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-06-22 17:40:19  
Make an xp alliance. Build time then amber. You can also declare the first one drops, yours.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-06-22 17:40:23  
I usually get alot of feet by not getting any azure. Sure this wastes alot of stones, and you really only get an hour and a half to farm but if you get around 144~ Amber then work on pearl, most of the boxes will be small or low teir gold boxes.

Like I said, its really only good for an hour and a half or so because of the amber farming and no time extensions, but for short term duo it works pretty good.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:42:03  
Thanks Hsieh and Dobbykk, that is a lot more helpful, you think its best if you pearl or amber murexs when you get in there?
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-06-22 17:44:03  
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Thanks Hsieh and Dobbykk, that is a lot more helpful, you think its best if you pearl or amber murexs when you get in there?

Its faster in my opinion if you find mobs that you like that give both pearl and amber, and never move from the spot. Murex are good, but given the time to find them, and they only give 16 lights instead of the normal 8 from regular mobs, I find it faster to just farm mobs.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-22 17:44:21  
just under 150 amber if you want mostly small chests, and just pearl and amber if you aren't hurting for stones, but you can build azure too if you want tes.

you should get pretty good amber just from a jala.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:44:29  
Also what about ruby kills, do you try to avoid ruby lights at all costs, or use ruby to help with lights?

Do Silver Ebon or Gold lights help with the drop rates at all? Or do they not matter?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-22 17:47:17  
ruby light, devil, etc.

silver/ebon/gold don't affect what kinds of chests drop.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:48:22  
ruby light, devil etc??
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-06-22 17:48:55  
I think he means don't get ruby

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:50:29  
Ah ok :) Thanks a lot for the tips, will try to avoid all azure and ruby kills, focus on pearl and amber only, and hopefully get some DRK feet.

Cheers! :D
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 17:55:25  
What mobs do people think are best to farm feet in Misereaux?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-06-22 17:57:04  
been cata burning raptors for cc/sobek pops
have trashed so many feet just by capping amber with occasional pearl
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-22 17:57:49  
i would probably do spiders or colibri, neither of them ruby. spiders are pretty squishy but you'll want to be able to erase slow.
 Cerberus.Raddmage
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2011-06-22 17:59:59  
out of a gold chest =D
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 20:22:21  
I think 144 amber gives too many chests with powerful, temp and key items, going to try 128 and see if that is better, we got one DRK feet so far, just need one more :)
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-06-22 21:00:29  
Cerberus.Kylos said:
I think 144 amber gives too many chests with powerful, temp and key items, going to try 128 and see if that is better, we got one DRK feet so far, just need one more :)

Thats good to know, I always figured anything between 100-150 was good, but I always leaned toward closer to 150 because child metality of "more is better".
 Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-06-22 21:37:45  
I wouldn't see this as the "fairest" way, but if you're in a an xp party and you see one in a chest....just yank it. I've seen it happen so many times and I hear "opps, I mean't to put in pool." crap. In this case we're talking about bale feet which most people don't care about as much as other feet. Good luck on hunting.

I remember one time I got mad because I never won the feet I wanted in Attowha Chasm so I decided to solo one day and in 5 mins I got 2 feet I wanted in the same chest.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-22 22:56:31  
Ok me and my friend have done a number of sessions today trying to farm these DRK feet, the first time we managed to find one with 144 amber, but we would get a ton of bigger chests and/or smaller chests with powerful/temp/key item boxes.
It seems at amber 144 you get much more key item drops, i was the key man so this seemed like the trend,

After trying again for a second DRK feet, we decided to try it with Amber on 128 this time, after an hour of doing this, we managed to see one RNG feet, but gold chests were not frequent enough, we got one more amber light and got it to 136.

Immediately we had a huge flow of Gold chests, we saw multiple feet drops, although we were still getting some of the big boxes it was not as frequent as 144, also in small and big chests the trend to me, seemed like we would get Items(not powerful, temp or KI) from these chests more frequently then any other.

I believe, and this comes from actual testing, on Colibris in Misereaux with just a THF/NIN and a WAR/DNC, that 136 Amber with 150-230 Pearl lights is the sweet spot for farming Feet in this area.

Colibri will link with others, but they do not aggro, they also have about 4.5k-5k hp, so we were almost one shotting them (using 3 atmas like RR/VV/Apoc or RR/VV/Sea Daughter), they do not have any nasty Aoe moves, enfeebling moves and we pretty much stayed alive due to temp items and /dnc curing waltz, we could kill these nonstop even if we had links of 3-5 birds at a time.

To proc Amber on THF and WAR, we used Aeolion Edge and Heruclean Slash(GS) in the last 12% of a birds life.

I hope this information may be helpful to anyone who finds themselves wishing to farm Feet in a low man situation, do not get Azure lights, do not get Ruby lights, there is no need to get silver/ebon/gold lights, make sure you both have Elemental weapon skills on your job so you can build amber lights, you will be good to go, happy hunting! :)
[+]
By Taisaijin 2011-06-23 02:25:01  
Great tips, Kylos, thanks! Didn't know for sure if azure affected the contents of gold pryxis.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-06-23 05:49:26  
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Make an xp alliance. Build time then amber. You can also declare the first one drops, yours.

Pretty much this. I tried farming here and there and never saw squat. I joined a random xp group doing colibris and DRK feet were dropping like rain.