user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-28 17:21:18  
Si (*'-') but gl getting that, hella lame :<
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2011-06-28 21:09:08  
poor drop rate? or just takes forever to get to T4 voidwalkers?
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-28 21:10:08  
Voidwrought + schizophrenic procs + Not in Abyssea.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-28 21:12:28  
It's not that hard, but if you're stuck in the abyssea mindset of MNK+WHM = Win, you're gonna get a metal fist up your *** right quick.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-06-28 21:15:01  
Tanking it with aegis and /war makes it manageable, just need to stun ballistic kick.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-28 21:17:37  
The hardest part is getting it's drop alignment built, because it's an Iron Giant after all. I think you can proc it at any time, but the AOE attacks hitting multiple people attempting to proc it can drain MP extremely fast, and even with the best available Atmacites don't come close to giving you abyssea-level *** kickery.

Ballistic kick was the only TP move that stood out as "Watch out for this ***".

Drop rate is an *** and a half, even if you dump imbued items into it. Frankly, I don't think this mail is worth it, though it does sparkle, so maybe that's something?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-28 21:26:10  
I read it's not supposed to work with the "WS" style regular attacks Iron Giants and Shinryu do, but I could have sworn Elegy helped slow it down. Eyeballed analysis is eyeballed though.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-28 21:36:50  
Is the drop system still stupid? Last time I did this was helping a friend spam them, and in 6 fights we won 5 times and got all of 1 mail, which went to a whm mule.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-06-28 21:54:43  
You need a rediculous ammount of procs, and we had to kill it with 6 SMNs, along with a bunch of others for procs, it was pretty annoying. We were trying to get Ice proc since that was one of the HQs and the SMN proced with Heavenly Strike, I proced an NQ light with Holy and we couldn't get Wind or Dark procs, it was pretty irritating, but either way, I had about 300% Red and Blue Balance, and I got rocks and pointless junk.

You're doing more work than you would on Abyssea NMs to get the multiple procs, and you get terrible returns from it. The good thing is that you can keep your T4 pop. The bad part is that if you don't have 17 people with the right jobs at your disposal, you're probably going to have some difficulty with getting it to drop.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I think you can proc it at any time, but the AOE attacks hitting multiple people attempting to proc it can drain MP extremely fast, and even with the best available Atmacites don't come close to giving you abyssea-level *** kickery.

We had 2 WHMs and of the two, I wasn't having any issues healing everyone in my PT and the SMN PT, granted I do have 9MP/tick and was getting Ballad too, not sure about your mages. We didn't get Katana proc however because our NIN insisted on TPing it weakened since he had RR items. :|
 Asura.Antaress
サーバ: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-07-02 00:45:53  
don't need aegis, don't need ochain, don't need SMNs (even tho they're nice for hateless dmg!) and the procs aren't that hard to hit and cap all lights! stop scaring people guys, void~ isn't thaaat hard, only bad part besides kick is eradicator, and I could survive 'til weakness wore (it's something like 30 or 60 seconds, idr) as pld/war (and my pld is really meh, just abyssea burned it).. what REALLY sucks is the drop rate, and the fact that you can't pick which chest it goes to, so it's a really hard body to get :/
and @Josiahfk, the BG wiki has a lot of nice info on voidwatch.. if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me too! (:
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-02 01:07:23  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
You need a rediculous ammount of procs, and we had to kill it with 6 SMNs, along with a bunch of others for procs, it was pretty annoying. We were trying to get Ice proc since that was one of the HQs and the SMN proced with Heavenly Strike, I proced an NQ light with Holy and we couldn't get Wind or Dark procs, it was pretty irritating, but either way, I had about 300% Red and Blue Balance, and I got rocks and pointless junk.

You're doing more work than you would on Abyssea NMs to get the multiple procs, and you get terrible returns from it. The good thing is that you can keep your T4 pop. The bad part is that if you don't have 17 people with the right jobs at your disposal, you're probably going to have some difficulty with getting it to drop.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I think you can proc it at any time, but the AOE attacks hitting multiple people attempting to proc it can drain MP extremely fast, and even with the best available Atmacites don't come close to giving you abyssea-level *** kickery.

We had 2 WHMs and of the two, I wasn't having any issues healing everyone in my PT and the SMN PT, granted I do have 9MP/tick and was getting Ballad too, not sure about your mages. We didn't get Katana proc however because our NIN insisted on TPing it weakened since he had RR items. :|

not fair :<! i got no ballad. and we had 3 whm's. the third just kinda sat there and did nothing, though. And my whm is horribad D: would say my mule's is better... >_>

but, this is a hard nm :x unless you do have 18 bodies to throw at it and watch them die over and over and over again. Not worth it unless you're bored and actually want to kill voidwrought repeatedly.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 20:31:53  
It's only hard if you're used to abyssea easy mode. Pld's tank it well enough, need to stun yes.

Very low drop rate on bodies, we've gotten 2 of them in all our runs, probably 1% drop rate.

Procs are random and you can't hit everything most likely 100% of the time. Sometimes you'll get crappy weakness that you just can't trigger.
By Zeyphr 2011-07-11 20:33:58  
My ls killed it a bunch of times other day, only 3 moves gotta be stunned; Arm Cannon, Ballista Kick and Eradicator. Other than that 2 PLDs make it a much easy fight, good stunners and the rest can proc
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-11 20:39:23  
Zeyphr said:

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Can't cure Avatars. So 2WHM with full MP support curing one party?