DRK Strength Cap And Other WS Stats.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK Strength Cap and other WS stats.
DRK Strength Cap and other WS stats.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-29 13:32:05  
Cerberus.Kylos said:
So what do people think is better for the waist, Anguines or Snow Belt? I was thinking of getting onyx gloves, i am still using Perle for the WS, not sure which is better, i do not really fancy spending time in Limbus again just to get the hands +1. Also i do not really think i will get an Ada Hauberk, Twilight body will do for now, when i get round to brewing my shinryus, how does the Afv3 body stack up against it though?
Snow belt, headfoc mitts, twilight mail. I wouldn't WS in af3 body. Even perle body will be decent unless you are REALLY hurting for attack.
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 13:35:16  
Onyx is better than Perle, but only by a very tiny bit and probably isn't worth it to spend the money.

Twilight body is good if no adaberk. If you have DE merit, you can use grim cuirass when DE is up. AF3 body is ok, but since it can't critical, the 4% critical hit rate is wasted, and you will be better off using grim with more overall attack and 15 str.

Anguinus vs snow belt is pretty much preference.

0.1 ftp on a 3.875 ftp ws is a 2.58% increase without counting accuracy and DA. 15 attack, 5 accuracy and 1% DA will likely be slightly better assuming you have about 1k attack with LR up, and be much better when LR isn't up. Conserve tp is cool, but it is mostly useless since the proc doesn't cut a hit off your build.

Edit: I am talking mostly about outside abyssea btw where accuracy can still be an issue against VWNMs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 13:37:55  
Interesting, i like the sound of the headfoc mitts, what is the full name of that?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-29 13:39:42  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Onyx is better than Perle, but only by a very tiny bit and probably isn't worth it to spend the money. Twilight body is good if no adaberk. If you have DE merit, you can use grim cuirass when DE is up. AF3 body is ok, but since it can't critical, the 4% critical hit rate is wasted, and you will be better off using grim with more overall attack and 15 str. Anguinus vs snow belt is pretty much preference. 0.1 ftp on a 3.875 ftp ws is a 2.58% increase without counting accuracy and DA. 15 attack, 5 accuracy and 1% DA will likely be slightly better assuming you have about 1k attack with LR up, and be much better when LR isn't up. Conserve tp is cool, but it is mostly useless since the proc doesn't cut a hit off your build. Edit: I am talking mostly about outside abyssea btw where accuracy can still be an issue against VWNMs.

I had assumed we were still talking about guillotine on the ftp debate..... my bad.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 13:39:50  
use heafoc only inside abyssea. General rule is that you don't use -accuracy things for multi hit ws. You can get away with it against weak mobs and RR and cruor dex boost, but not against anything meaningful.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 13:40:41  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Onyx is better than Perle, but only by a very tiny bit and probably isn't worth it to spend the money. Twilight body is good if no adaberk. If you have DE merit, you can use grim cuirass when DE is up. AF3 body is ok, but since it can't critical, the 4% critical hit rate is wasted, and you will be better off using grim with more overall attack and 15 str. Anguinus vs snow belt is pretty much preference. 0.1 ftp on a 3.875 ftp ws is a 2.58% increase without counting accuracy and DA. 15 attack, 5 accuracy and 1% DA will likely be slightly better assuming you have about 1k attack with LR up, and be much better when LR isn't up. Conserve tp is cool, but it is mostly useless since the proc doesn't cut a hit off your build. Edit: I am talking mostly about outside abyssea btw where accuracy can still be an issue against VWNMs.

I had assumed we were still talking about guillotine on the ftp debate..... my bad.

what ftp debate are you speaking of.

Edit: are you talking about the debate on if the 0.1 ftp adds to all subsequent hits or are you talking about the debate that the 10 accuracy applies to only the first hit? From my understanding is that 0.1 ftp adds to only the first hit, and the 10 accuracy is for all hits. Correct me if I am wrong tho.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-29 13:41:59  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Ragnarok.Returner said:
what ftp debate are you speaking of.

The bolded are quietus numbers, correct?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 13:42:06  
This thread is more about STR and attack boosts, and talking about guillotine, no one mentioned TP build.:P
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 13:45:48  
No, the bold is the total ftp of guillotine without counting accuracy. Guillotine first hit is 0.875 ftp, all subsequent hits are 1.0 ftp including the DA. So on average, guillotine is 0.875 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.875 ftp. And snow gorget adds 0.1 to the first hit, so 0.1 / 3.875 is your expected improvement.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 13:46:36  
Cerberus.Kylos said:
This thread is more about STR and attack boosts, and talking about guillotine, no one mentioned TP build.:P

and no one mentioned tp build. Accuracy matters on multi hit WS is what I was trying to tell you, and heafoc has negative accuracy.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 13:49:21  
I see :) From those stats it does not seem that snow gorget adds much to it, maybe i should get a Kuklukan run going ^^b
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 13:51:58  
I assume you meant belt.

Snow gorget is the best for the neck slot. Your second best choice would be bale choker, and I believe snow gorget will beat it easily.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-29 14:01:30  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
and no one mentioned tp build. Accuracy matters on multi hit WS is what I was trying to tell you, and heafoc has negative accuracy.

Also, your TP build can be highly affected by your ws setup. If you don't have enough STP to support a build without subbing in some stp on ws, you can be forced to make some difficult choices when ws'ing. It's good to keep that in mind when you are looking at making changes to your ws set.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 14:09:04  
Thats something i been wondering about as well, people talk about 5 hit and 6 hit builds, i think that means it takes that many swings to get 100tp for your WS, just how much store TP should a DRK have to achieve that?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-29 14:12:19  
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Thats something i been wondering about as well, people talk about 5 hit and 6 hit builds, i think that means it takes that many swings to get 100tp for your WS, just how much store TP should a DRK have to achieve that?

google ffxi calculator if you're not good with the math. You can set it up to calc your build without ws or with ws gear's tp return.

Typically if i say that i have a 6-hit build it means that from 0 tp it takes me 6 hits to get 100 tp (or a 5-hit-after-ws-build).

Also, you cant tell someone how much stp they need unless you know the delay of the weapon. The stp I need to 5-hit a scythe would only take me to 7-hit on GS, or..... like 19-hit on thf lol.

That's why the calc helps me out. I'm not a super math prodigy like returner-san.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 14:15:07  
Oh that calculator, completely forgot about that! I got a Hoard ring just for the store tp but i have not started using it yet, im going to check that out.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-29 14:34:40  

This is a build that i was talking to my cousin about setting as his goal. If you use this build on a conventional scythe, you'd be over tping. Without thinking too hard about it, i believe that you could swap out tactical for atheling on a higher delay scythe, very easily.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 14:55:33  
Easiest thing to do is to do the following:

1) Find your weapon under ffxiwiki, it should show the TP per hit number. For instance, Death scythe shows 14.4%.

2) Depends on your goal, if you want to do a true 5 hit build. Follow 3) and 4). If you want to do a 5 hit build that rely on connecting multiple hits. Follow 5) and 6).

3) True 5 hit build means you are going from WS to 100% with 4 hit, with no help from additional hits from WS. So the math is simple. First figure out what your total STP is for WS. If you are /sam, add 15. Let's say you have 15 from gears, 15 from /sam. Your total is 30. 14.4 x 1.30 = 18.72. KEY thing is that you have to floor to the first decimal. So 18.72 means 18.7. This is VERY important.

4) Once you figured out how much TP you are getting from the first hit of your WS, subtract 100 from it. 100 - 18.7 = 81.3. Since WS counts as a hit, to do a 5 hit build means you are left with 4 hits. So 81.3 / 4 = 20.325. In this case, 20.325 means 20.4 because you don't want to be short, and also because of the first decimal rule. This means you will need 20.4 tp per hit. 20.4 / 14.4 = 1.41666666. So you will need 42 store tp total on your regular hits. Subtract the 15 from /sam, you will need 27 stp from gears.

5) Any additional hits after the first hit is 1.0 tp base. Similar to death scythe has 14.4 tp base. So assuming you want to rely on connecting 3 hits on guillotine for a 5 hit build. You are going to read 3), and add 1 x 1.30 = 1.3 x 2 hits = 2.6. So you are counting on 18.7 + 2.6 = 21.3 total tp return from WS. If you connect all 4 hits, you are fine, if you connect only 2 hits you will be short.

6) So follow step 4), but in this case, you are getting 21.3 from WS. So it becomes 100 - 21.3 = 78.7. 78.7 / 4 = 19.675. 19.675 is 19.7 for what we are doing. And in the end 19.7 / 14.4 = 1.36805555555, and that means you need 37 stp for your regular hits. 37 - 15 from /sam = 22 from gear.

Remember, in general, if you are relying on connecting multiple hits on WS to reach a hit build, you are giving up your first cycle. Meaning from 0 to 100% you will need 6 instead of 5 hits. That's not always the case if your regular per hit TP return is higher than your expected WS tp return, but the opposite is usually the case. It is not a big deal since most of us start the fight with meditate anyway, so not very often will we start from 0 tp.

Anyway, this is not hard, just looks hard. Once you understand it, it is simple math.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-29 15:01:30  
Quote:
Anyway, this is not hard, just looks hard. Once you understand it, it is simple math.
This is true for 99% of FFXI math. Most of it is just basic algebra, nothing fancy about it. The rest is statistics.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-29 15:10:46  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

This is a build that i was talking to my cousin about setting as his goal. If you use this build on a conventional scythe, you'd be over tping. Without thinking too hard about it, i believe that you could swap out tactical for atheling on a higher delay scythe, very easily.
You're just barely getting 100 TP in situations with Haste + Desperate Blows if you get 5 hits in two rounds, but otherwise it should work. If you have a BRD you've got a decent chance of coming up short, but if LR is up you could work in additional STP in this situation as well since you don't need capped gear haste with haste + marches + DB.

This is assuming you're using RR/VV/Apoc.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 15:13:13  
Ok instead of spending ages doing the math i download the calculator and its awesome!

Only problem i am having with it, is that i cannot specify DRK as my main job on the Delay section of it, but regardless of that i have put in the stats with SAM as my support job and i have the following.

Twlight Scythe delay = 513

Support job = /SAM

Haste + = 5 3 3 4 4 = 19%
Store TP = 4 1 5 5 = 15 (Aces Feet, Rajas, Brutal and Hoard Ring)
SAM Store TP = 15
WS Hits = 4

Without Haste or Desperate Blows i have these stats given to me.

Total Delay: 417.8145 (6.96s)
TP Per hit: 18.0 (5 Hit for 78.1 TP + 21.9 WS TP)

WIth haste and Desperate Blows this lowers delay to : 214.418 (3.57s)

So from that i have found out that if i add another 9 Store TP, this will bring it down into a 4 hits for 76.8 TP + 23.2 WS TP build.

What other Store TP gear can i get which wont sacrifice my Haste?
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-06-29 15:30:56  
Tactical Mantle +6 (this is a one of the biggest sacrifice not involving haste).

Almah Torque +2 (popular minimal sacrifice piece)

White Tathlum +2 (see Almah)

Attila's Earring +1 (in case you need that 1 stp)

Goading Belt +5 (one of the best all around belts for drk)

Rose strap +4 (campaign it, get it, and love it)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-06-29 15:34:40  
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-06-29 16:24:53  
Main job selection in the 'delay' section is just for calculating Martial Arts and Dual Wield traits, such as MNK vs PUP and NIN vs DNC vs THF.

Rose and Goading is what you need. Hope you enjoy Campaign (which is cake /DNC at 90 anyway).
[+]