By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-06-29 11:25:56  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Ya'll are being silly.

Perfect match.
 Siren.Skywarp
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-06-29 11:33:28  
if your friend doesnt wantot level any otehr job and only wants to be a one trick pony. then it doenst matter waht we post in this thread. hes going ot stand there and do nothing while yall carry him.

if he really wanted to benifit the group he would find the weakness you have in your statics armor and adjust to fill that gap.

every memeber of my static has the ability to rotate jobs at will to provide the best coverage of all jobs. him hes going to milk not having to do anything as long as he can. time to fish or cut bait son.

friend or not, man up and if nothing else do a low man dom opps party and level a low job for him. that your static needs. or hell be crowd control and he has to accept it. but since its not him posting i dont see him doing anyhing.

he problly enjoys standing ther till tis proced and he gets to ws once or twice and it dies.
By volkom 2011-06-29 11:38:53  
make him go Sam/Thf and TA the tank
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2011-06-29 11:38:56  
Question: is he actually good at SAM and/or PLD?
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-06-29 11:40:52  
Siren.Skywarp said:
if your friend doesnt wantot level any otehr job and only wants to be a one trick pony. then it doenst matter waht we post in this thread. hes going ot stand there and do nothing while yall carry him. if he really wanted to benifit the group he would find the weakness you have in your statics armor and adjust to fill that gap. every memeber of my static has the ability to rotate jobs at will to provide the best coverage of all jobs. him hes going to milk not having to do anything as long as he can. time to fish or cut bait son. friend or not, man up and if nothing else do a low man dom opps party and level a low job for him. that your static needs. or hell be crowd control and he has to accept it. but since its not him posting i dont see him doing anyhing. he problly enjoys standing ther till tis proced and he gets to ws once or twice and it dies.

Do you even play this game to have fun anymore?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-06-29 11:45:42  
He sounds like a wall hugger that stands around waiting for people to tell him what to do... Go farm some time ya no good lousy bum!
/shakes fist

Like Sheelay said /dnc and violent florish ftw.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-29 11:47:12  
Sam can still proc a decent bit of red/blu if they go /war and bring all the necessary weapons.....Seriously. Obviously not as much as some jobs, but to call Sam "useless" is pretty dang harsh.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-06-29 11:53:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Ya'll are being silly.

Perfect match.

Don't hate! I'll use the magic eyebrow on you.
 Siren.Skywarp
By Siren.Skywarp 2011-06-29 12:13:11  
Asura.Tawhoya said:
Siren.Skywarp said:
if your friend doesnt wantot level any otehr job and only wants to be a one trick pony. then it doenst matter waht we post in this thread. hes going ot stand there and do nothing while yall carry him. if he really wanted to benifit the group he would find the weakness you have in your statics armor and adjust to fill that gap. every memeber of my static has the ability to rotate jobs at will to provide the best coverage of all jobs. him hes going to milk not having to do anything as long as he can. time to fish or cut bait son. friend or not, man up and if nothing else do a low man dom opps party and level a low job for him. that your static needs. or hell be crowd control and he has to accept it. but since its not him posting i dont see him doing anyhing. he problly enjoys standing ther till tis proced and he gets to ws once or twice and it dies.
Do you even play this game to have fun anymore?

yes every day. matter of facti play every day is fun . or i wouldnt be still playing after 9 years. today i'm taking some friends out today to farm them some seals then after going to help ls peeps with low level jobs.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-06-29 12:18:55  
Unfortunately the best role for SAM inside Abyssea is when it's set as a sub job.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-06-29 12:26:12  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Unfortunately the best role for SAM inside Abyssea is when it's set as a sub job.

Unfortunately this is the truth, SAM has pretty much been subjugated to exp/cruor pts
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-06-29 12:27:35  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sam can still proc a decent bit of red/blu if they go /war and bring all the necessary weapons.....Seriously. Obviously not as much as some jobs, but to call Sam "useless" is pretty dang harsh.

SAM has access to 1 type of slashing, and there's 10 types in total? You know I'm gonna say MNK + blunt is inferior for proc and damage/tanking. I really wish there was a use for SAM inside Abyssea, but there isn't really. My SAM has just been gathering dust and there are reasons as to why (I'd just be a waste of PT slot as there's other jobs I can be).
 Odin.Stormcroww
By Odin.Stormcroww 2011-06-29 12:38:28  
volkom said:
make him go Sam/Thf and TA the tank

Sam/Thf I have found for NM battles is really useful. The ability to TA tanks, and deal additional dammage is always going to be useful. Even if the tank is not having any issues keeping hate, at least you are not taking it off.

Two tanks and a Fudo Sam/Thf I can tell u is crazy fun. And TA/SA 10k+ Fudo sometimes is worth every bit of the Ruby light you might get. The Empy GK is prob. one of the easiest to get as well.

PLD and SAM back in the day were two of the most fun and most sought after jobs for events and parties. But for Abby you better have some damn good gear and skill on PLD. Or figure out how you fit in on Sam. Or get to leveing WHM or BLM. Then you won't feel useless.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-29 12:43:35  
sam/war + ifrit's blade (or some low level sam access sword) = sword procs... Sam + GK = other slashing proc... sam + ele staff + /war = some more procs... sam/war + garuda dagger (again or another low level dagger) = more procs...Sam gets polearm = more procs... Dirty, where are you getting only 1 slashing proc btw? And like I said, sam gets procs
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-29 12:45:51  
Best role for a SAM is to claim a mob and hold a KI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-06-29 12:50:00  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
sam/war + ifrit's blade (or some low level sam access sword) = sword procs... Sam + GK = other slashing proc... sam + ele staff + /war = some more procs... sam/war + garuda dagger (again or another low level dagger) = more procs...Sam gets polearm = more procs... Dirty, where are you getting only 1 slashing proc btw? And like I said, sam gets procs

Think he meant 1 slashing proc set (GK), not sure how many sword procs sam can do but can sam get GA, GS, Axe, Katana, or Scythe blue procs? Didn't think so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-06-29 12:54:41  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Ya'll are being silly.

Perfect match.

Don't hate! I'll use the magic eyebrow on you.

Not hating, I think it's hysterical.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-06-29 12:57:21  
SAM without Fudo has access to Rana with double/triple attack atmas can do okay damage. (Underrated WS inside Abyssea)
SAM with Fudo has Fudo.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-06-29 12:59:50  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

When we pop NM's we pop knowing we have all proc's covered, not just 'some' and hope for the best. SAM may well got a few but is that enough to justify coming SAM and popping on slashing when we have x2 emp MNK and I dual box a WHM for the rest of the procs.

I'm not a SAM hater by any means but there becomes a point when there's nothing gained by bringing the job.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-29 13:00:11  
Ya hi I ALREADY SAID Sam doesn't get as many as other jobs.. but they still get more than 1 slashing proc (for both red and blue) (GK and sword with /war... I covered this already)
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-06-29 13:07:40  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Ya hi I ALREADY SAID Sam doesn't get as many as other jobs.. but they still get more than 1 slashing proc (for both red and blue) (GK and sword with /war... I covered this already)

Cover it again, only this time type slower so we can understand.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-29 13:09:12  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

I'm not a SAM hater by any means but there becomes a point when there's nothing gained by bringing the job.

Reducing the damage taken from Ga!
[+]
 Cerberus.Oseryu
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-06-29 13:11:28  
Since when did sam become a completely useless DD? I'm lost
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-29 13:11:57  
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Since everyone wanted to dictate how other people enjoy their game.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-06-29 13:12:38  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Reducing the damage taken from Ga!

I laughed at first, then it went to uncontrolled tears.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-06-29 13:12:58  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

^ Lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-29 13:17:18  
I can't even tell if dr. Nick is trolling cuz that was too damn funny lol... no seriously I made my point on the "proc" topic a few times already... And I don't like to beat dead horses.. Sam can still do good dmg, and it can proc (quite a few) red + blue. And Dirty... how is 2x empy mnk + whm covering "the rest" of procs...? Where is katana, scythe, GA, Gsword? (not saying sam can cover but.....oh screw it nevermind lol... at this point its irrelvant..)
 Bismarck.Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-06-29 13:20:44  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I can't even tell if dr. Nick is trolling cuz that was too damn funny lol... no seriously I made my point on the "proc" topic a few times already... And I don't like to beat dead horses.. Sam can still do good dmg, and it can proc (quite a few) red + blue. And Dirty... how is 2x empy mnk + whm covering "the rest" of procs...? Where is katana, scythe, GA, Gsword? (not saying sam can cover but.....oh screw it nevermind lol... at this point its irrelvant..)

Obvious blunt pop is obvious, I doubt he would pop it during slashing or piercing when he has 2 mnks and a whm. Don't be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE mentally challenged.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-06-29 13:21:30  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Oseryu said:

Truth.
Certain jobs always have certain advantages in certain situations. For Abyssea, it's hard to find fault with using WAR or MNK as a melee DD or DD/tank combo. No doubt.

However, if one thinks outside the standard "box" for each job's role, one can be surprised how well one can do.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-29 13:24:24  
Changing jobs.