users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hiradennotachi
Hiradennotachi
 Asura.Arthuruss
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2011-07-04 19:37:32  
Hello, I just wanted to know if this Great katana is worth it. I currently own the Keitonotachi +2 (TP bonus).

How good is Tachi: Fudo inside and outside aby?

I use Jinpu while inside aby and Y / G / K outside mainly.

Thank you very much in advance
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-04 19:47:55  
You might as well make a masamune, seeing as it's the easiest empyrean to make (possibly even easier than getting WOE coins).
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-04 20:17:01  
anyways, as stated before, walk of echoes' coin rate is absolutely absurd, to the point where especially in the case of carabosse-path empyreans, you should make the real thing, period
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-04 20:30:50  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
anyways, as stated before, walk of echoes' coin rate is absolutely absurd, to the point where you should make the real thing, period
ftfy.

WoE drop rate is horrible for any coin, but maybe that's just my own experience.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-04 21:15:11  
Asura.Xenophire said:
vermeil bhuj

glavoid begs to differ, as shown by many others with their' maschu +2

back to being a cowboy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Beanz
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Beanz
By Ragnarok.Beanz 2011-07-05 01:26:20  
It depends how many help you can get.
If you can get help from your LS, you might go for Masamune.

Pesonally, I finished Hiradennotachi because I was "alone" to update my GK. It took me 2 weeks of Walk of Echoes to get the coins.
But I also have Keitonotachi +2 and now I only use my Hiradennotachi (because I like Tachi: Fudo)

How good does it perform : my impression is that it performs better in and out of Abyssea then Y/G/K.
Only the fact that you can solo skillchain Light, is worth it.
I did not do any number crunching on it so this might be very subjective :)
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 18:23:57  
I made a hiradenotachi and a few other woe weapons back when ***wasn't so easymode, not sure if I want to redo the trials again to make a masa. Maybe with this new update it would be worth it though. Haven't played lol sam in forever anyhow, since Ukon war destroys it, in and out of abyssea. But if I didn't make any NQ weapons yet, I'd make them all empys since it's so damn easy to do them now.

If you have a competent LS you can easily get woe coins. I've got woe bow and gkt and still have like 90 decay coins sitting in my bank. Lately I've seen smn/pet burns to farm them as well. With luck you can get 30 coins in few hours.

It's a nice weapon and it's good enough. Stupidly easy to upgrade woe weapons to 90 as well. Probably easy 95 and 99 too. Higher delay on them so easier xhit builds too.
 Asura.Arthuruss
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2011-07-11 20:02:36  
Thank you everyone for all your comments : )
It really helped me chose the way to go for me.