Zerg Drk Still Applicable?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Zerg Drk Still Applicable?
Zerg Drk Still Applicable?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Toxleh
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-11 13:39:16  
I'm just curious if Zerg Drk would still be useful in this day an age. Say if it would out DD emp weapons on something like DL or something simliar, or even be useful inside abyssea. I havn't heard of anything like that or even used it myself. But being in possession of one of the top zerging weapons, im just curious if its worth gearing up again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-11 13:40:26  
kclub? no
[+]
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-11 14:50:00  
anybody have info for me?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Ryaan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rguerena
By Phoenix.Ryaan 2011-07-11 21:12:18  
The last thing i zerged on drk was Smok when lvl cap was 85, typically its just easier and safer to melee mobs down. I'll have to try it again now that death in abyssea isn't a problem if you have apoc up. I'll probably go with apoc, sanguine scythe, and ebon hoof to have around 5k HP for souleater to go to work with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 21:17:50  
Not worth it. I see you have a Verethragna already, that will completely destroy KC in zerg situations.

Parse from a Kirin;
Elysien (vere) 18315 31.02 %
KC DRK 14339 24.29 %

and that wasn't even with Blood rage or a cor.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 21:18:53  
I did 30k dmg to our last Arch dynamis lord with lvl 90 Ukon. We've never tried kclub zerg on him before though, probabaly sucks and not worth it however.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-11 21:22:47  
Asura.Deadwing said:
I did a DL earlier today with some emp weapons, from what i've seen from drk zerg at 75, it wouldn't be *bad* by any means, but it's not the one of a kind zerg damage it used to be. It would take 3 fully buffed K club drks to take down DL, but you could also do it with 3 emp melee's in just a few more seconds.

Can kill dl with 1 empy mnk, a thf and a rdm? curious cant find decent info, we managed kirin with same ammount of dd, their hps about the same.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-11 21:26:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:
Not worth it. I see you have a Verethragna already, that will completely destroy KC in zerg situations.

Parse from a Kirin;
KC DRK 14339 24.29 %

im suprised its that low..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-11 21:30:45  
Many NMs build a degree of resistance to Souleater, some resist outright, and DD output has scaled much more dramatically than your HP, particularly vs old NMs where level correction is much reduced or nonexistent now. Even late-75 cap, other DDs weren't far off from kclub zerging and required less support to boot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 21:31:57  
Asura.Toxleh said:
Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said:

Parse from a Kirin;
KC DRK 14339 24.29 %

im suprised its that low..

Sounds about average considering how long the fight lasted. I've hit over 22k on old DL w/ blood rage on and managed a 5442 VS, in less than 30 seconds. Not to mention drk is only a 1shot deal unless you plan to reset 2hours, and regular dd have more utility with the other things you're doing up to the zerg (ie, DL)
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 21:32:10  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Asura.Deadwing said:
I did a DL earlier today with some emp weapons, from what i've seen from drk zerg at 75, it wouldn't be *bad* by any means, but it's not the one of a kind zerg damage it used to be. It would take 3 fully buffed K club drks to take down DL, but you could also do it with 3 emp melee's in just a few more seconds.

Can kill dl with 1 empy mnk, a thf and a rdm? curious cant find decent info, we managed kirin with same ammount of dd, their hps about the same.

How exactly does that work >_>

DL,not kirin
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 21:33:18  
Ukon war >>> empy monk if you are zerging. Mighty strikes is just that /cheat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 21:35:39  
macsdf1 said:
Ukon war >>> empy monk if you are zerging. Mighty strikes is just that /cheat.

You must have some shitty mnks then. I always parse about the same to a maxed 90 Ukon war, with vere always having the potential to spike much higher damage.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-11 21:38:10  
Quiznor said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Asura.Deadwing said:

DL,not kirin

Why are you giving me dagger eyes, it was a question enquiring weather it was possible not a statement. >.>. And in theory it would work with chainspell and hundredfists If it works with 1 monk that is. Kirin works with 1 monk's 2hr before adds pop, am simply asking if dl would be. Didnt say it would work thats why i asked the question derp.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-11 21:38:16  
i disagree in all my experiences doing it with masa/ukon/vere, masa > vere > ukon is usually how the parse goes
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 21:40:03  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Quiznor said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Asura.Deadwing said:

DL,not kirin

Why are you giving me dagger eyes, it was a question enquiring weather it was possible not a statement. >.>. And in theory it would work with chainspell and hundredfists If it works with 1 monk that is. Kirin works with 1 monk's 2hr before adds pop, am simply asking if dl would be. Didnt say it would work thats why i asked the question derp.

I misunderstood what you said in that case.my bad
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-07-11 21:41:20  
Meh np my bad too getting defensive, but if you have lvl 90 experience of dl and minimum required do share Quiz.
By Quiznor 2011-07-11 21:44:19  
I've done DL a few times at 90.Once was a shout group,terrible idea,which Im not surprised on the wipe because maybe 2 of the 10 people were pre-abyssea players.Other time was a bit more planned/tactical (was before the shout try) but was just after new dyna came out.Had no info or anything.Almost got him killed.But yeah experience with DL before/after dyna changes + good geared players.
I must give it another try sometime soon.Gotta get my ring
 Phoenix.Ryaan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rguerena
By Phoenix.Ryaan 2011-07-11 21:45:53  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Many NMs build a degree of resistance to Souleater, some resist outright, and DD output has scaled much more dramatically than your HP, particularly vs old NMs where level correction is much reduced or nonexistent now. Even late-75 cap, other DDs weren't far off from kclub zerging and required less support to boot.

The amount of support needed for a proper drk zerg is unreal and just not practical anymore. you need chainspell stuns with 2 bards and a cor swapping alliances to set up the zerg, with that kind of support i would imagine any empy would pull out way ahead.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 21:48:14  
How can 100% crit lose out to vere or even masa, which doesn't even crit. Maybe you have some very shitty warriors. Maybe you're talking about inside abyssea? I wouldn't know never had to zerg in there. We only need to zerg on arch DL, and last fight I parsed almost dbl the vere monks.
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-11 21:55:27  
macsdf1 said:
How can 100% crit lose out to vere or even masa, which doesn't even crit. Maybe you have some very shitty warriors. Maybe you're talking about inside abyssea? I wouldn't know never had to zerg in there. We only need to zerg on arch DL, and last fight I parsed almost dbl the vere monks.

Hundred Fists rails mighty strikes? lol, masamune rails outside in general?
 Asura.Toxleh
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-07-11 21:56:38  
Phoenix.Ryaan said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

The amount of support needed for a proper drk zerg is unreal and just not practical anymore. you need chainspell stuns with 2 bards and a cor swapping alliances to set up the zerg, with that kind of support i would imagine any empy would pull out way ahead.

going to need perfect defense/chainspell stun anyway, and with currently levels should only need double march/haste to setup zerg drk.. and its not like mnks/wars/sams dont use their 2 hours when they zerg anyway
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 21:58:32  
Asura.Toxleh said:
Phoenix.Ryaan said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

going to need perfect defense/chainspell stun anyway, and with currently levels should only need double march/haste to setup zerg drk.. and its not like mnks/wars/sams dont use their 2 hours when they zerg anyway

Actually, mnks shouldn't use their 2hr when they zerg, or they attack slower =(

And if you have perfect defense, I don't think you'll need CSS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:00:38  
macsdf1 said:

Masa should never top a vere or ukon in a zerg situation, due to the time the zergs usually go on, and the crit advantages both these jobs get in that time (MS, BR, impetus) and all the crit dmg bonus. Not trying to say vere dominates ukon, but ukon definitely doesn't dominate vere. I've always parsed nearly the same, or losing/winning by a couple %s. While i've destroyed ukon by getting the potential spike dmg I mentioned before (ie 5500 vs on dl or 3k on av) due to a triple attack VS w/ all crits, high impetus.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-11 22:04:31  
sounds like a pretty terrible ukonvasara user to me chief

also

Asura.Deadwing said:
I did a DL earlier today with some emp weapons, from what i've seen from drk zerg at 75, it wouldn't be *bad* by any means

was dropping off my t3 rq in altepa for a friend's souls (hence on derpsam inside), but either way,

rdm/nin tanking in 2011 <call>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-11 22:06:58  
Asura.Toxleh said:
macsdf1 said:

If Hundred Fists is raping MS, you should start bringing a BRD.

Bahamut.Serj said:
I'm fairly sure HF sets you to the delay reduction cap and we just didn't understand how MA factored into that when that testing was done.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-11 22:09:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Toxleh said:
macsdf1 said:

If Hundred Fists is raping MS, you should start bringing a BRD.

Bahamut.Serj said:
I'm fairly sure HF sets you to the delay reduction cap and we just didn't understand how MA factored into that when that testing was done.

Didn't realize MA factored into delay reduction cap. That means mnk needs a ton less total haste to meet the cap if it's based on base hth delay (or base MA1 delay).

Hmm. Still unneeded to use HF in a zerg situation =\
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-07-11 22:09:37  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
sounds like a pretty terrible ukonvasara user to me chief

Then please, post some parses. I'm parsing against maxed geared/smart people here.
By macsdf1 2011-07-11 22:11:06  
Maybe you don't zerg with max haste or someting? 100 fists does nothing whenfully hasted.
Player Total Dmg Damage % Melee Dmg
Warrior 30519 21.27 % 15947
Mnk 11954 8.33 % 7771

- Ukko's Fury 14572 100.00 % 5/0 100.00 % 1479/4942 2914.40
- Victory Smite 4183 100.00 % 4/0 100.00 % 0000/1420 1045.75

You can see the difference there is when you don't have super mega crit rate like you do inside abyssea. Mighty strikes simply blows everything away.

This is vs Arch dynamis lord btw, have you even fought it? The one 0 hit is when he's invulnerable for a few seconds. But compare his ws avg and highs to mine. Top 3 dmg were all warriors by far, with a relic war coming in 2nd even.
First Page 2 3