Casual Player Looking For More "hardcore" Set Ups

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Casual player looking for more "hardcore" set ups
Casual player looking for more "hardcore" set ups
First Page 2 3 4
By mortontony1 2011-07-13 13:44:04  
I've only played casually up until recently when I joined an Abyssea LS, so I don't have oodles of money or anything like that. I want to get an awesome haste gear set and a WS gear set. I'm currently trying (and very slowly) getting 2 magian great axes done. One for Maschu+Ukko's Fury and another for store tp.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-13 13:47:12  
If you complete Maschu, I'm pretty positive you wont' need the store TP g.axe. You'd be better off making a PDT g.axe to cap your PDT set, in the event that you need to fell cleave on WAR.

I don't know what "casual" equates to, so maybe post an item set?
[+]
By mortontony1 2011-07-13 13:56:59  
I have no idea how to do that but here's my character profile.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Fenrir/Pajamas
I'm new to posting on the forums, sorry
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-13 14:02:43  

Swap ukon for TM GA :P pretty much best TP set atm
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-13 15:15:19  
Claymore > Pole.
 Asura.Loneshadow
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-07-13 15:28:47  
Cerberus.Hiryo said:

Only better if you can get a Synergist to get STP and DA on E-Body.

+2 AF3 body is good if can't do E-body, see people using Askar too but Idk about that.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-13 15:30:20  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Claymore > Pole.

How much better is it?
By Ska681 2011-07-13 15:52:41  
claymore>pole maybe but 3%crit vs 2%double attack isnt going to do anything much inside abyssea and even less outside when crit rate is so low. Personally i would use double attack cause warrior already has a high rate and pushing that farther would seem like a good idea to me.
Its at the point of uber math question.
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-07-13 15:56:22  
Ska681 said:
claymore>pole maybe but 3%crit vs 2%double attack isnt going to do anything much inside abyssea and even less outside when crit rate is so low. Personally i would use double attack cause warrior already has a high rate and pushing that farther would seem like a good idea to me.
Its at the point of uber math question.

AF3 +2 feet add 10% crit dmg. So forcing a crit is your best bet, and in Abyssea your not at 100% crit rate. So more crit rate = more crits = more damage.

WAR has plenty of DA and DA gear for WS anyway.
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-07-13 16:01:46  
Aim for something like this..

TP (Perle hands for TP if Restraint down)

WS (Use Grim Cuirass if Berserk is down)

Could switch out Ravager's Earring for a +STR earring, I use it for DA/ATK personally.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-13 16:03:09  
I thought Grim was best over all post update for weaponskills? Berserk or Not :o
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-07-13 16:05:24  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I thought Grim was best over all post update for weaponskills? Berserk or Not :o

If your using berserk your pretty close to attack cap, so more crit rate wins.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2011-07-13 16:14:46  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Claymore > Pole.

yeah my bad, keep forgetting to change that in set, i actually use Claymore lol
By mortontony1 2011-07-13 16:48:51  
I have RR and for the most part I do everything in Abyssea so is crit hit really that necessary?

Edit: And thank you all for your help!
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2011-07-13 16:55:16  
Yes, it is. Like I said AF3+2 feet do nothing if you don't proc. I use SS RR and Apoc on WAR and trust me crit build when Serk up does wonders for damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-07-13 17:03:00  
when I first saw this thread all I saw was "Casual player looking for more hardcore..." and the rest was cutoff. Boy did my mind start to wander....
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-07-13 17:13:58  
Asura.Loneshadow said:

AF3 +2 feet add 20% crit dmg. So forcing a crit is your best bet, and in Abyssea your not at 100% crit rate. So more crit rate = more crits = more damage.

WAR has plenty of DA and DA gear for WS anyway.

so uh, when did af3+2 feet get an extra 10% crit damage? news to me.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-07-13 17:28:02  
Asura.Loneshadow said:
Cerberus.Hiryo said:

Only better if you can get a Synergist to get STP and DA on E-Body.

+2 AF3 body is good if can't do E-body, see people using Askar too but Idk about that.

I myself use askar since people started saying store tp+dbl atk e body was good.. kinda the same thing; I mean sure, the extra attack on af+2 body beats askar, but guess the line to draw between is 2% dbl atk vs more chance of set proc(not sure on percentage).. which technically you're increasing chance of set proc by doing either >.>

Come to think of it, how does Hachiryu body not beat ebody, +2, or askar for TP? 5% crit is massive and +20 atk and zanshin isn't going to hurt.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-13 17:55:00  
Asura.Loneshadow said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Being close to cRatio cap devalues both attack and critrate since crits are a static +1.0 to pDIFa. The difference is that critrate is still useful even if you're capping cRatio, and that's the point where Zahak's begins to overtake Grim.

Cerberus.Hiryo said:

As mentioned, swap Claymore for Pole. Rancor Collar is better as long as the +DT isn't an issue.

The problem with Hachiryu is that it has no STP. No STP from Ebody/Askar/AF3+2 means you have to make a trade elsewhere... Claymore > Rose isn't a good trade, it means you're only gaining 2 critrate. Hoard Ring + Attila's or White Tathlum doesn't work either, you're sacrificing a decent amount of DA (amount depends on exact augments plus your choice of slot but 2% DA is the goal for NQ Ebody along with 5 STP) and it would cause you to dip below capped haste during Restraint anyway. Tactical Mantle is awful, 5% DA and ~40 attack down the drain. So really, there's no better trade to make.
 Ragnarok.Judaine
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-13 20:29:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Loneshadow said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Being close to cRatio cap devalues both attack and critrate since crits are a static +1.0 to pDIFa. The difference is that critrate is still useful even if you're capping cRatio, and that's the point where Zahak's begins to overtake Grim.

Cerberus.Hiryo said:

As mentioned, swap Claymore for Pole. Rancor Collar is better as long as the +DT isn't an issue.

The problem with Hachiryu is that it has no STP. No STP from Ebody/Askar/AF3+2 means you have to make a trade elsewhere... Claymore > Rose isn't a good trade, it means you're only gaining 2 critrate. Hoard Ring + Attila's or White Tathlum doesn't work either, you're sacrificing a decent amount of DA (amount depends on exact augments plus your choice of slot but 2% DA is the goal for NQ Ebody along with 5 STP) and it would cause you to dip below capped haste during Restraint anyway. Tactical Mantle is awful, 5% DA and ~40 attack down the drain. So really, there's no better trade to make.

What I don't understand is why people are sacrificing the 4 Store TP for 1% haste from Blitz Ring, and using a Pole Grip over Rose Strap. Reaching 26% Haste instead of 25% Haste, and an extra 2% Double Attack IMO isn't nearly as important as reaching a 5-hit. Especially outside of Abyssea, reaching a 5-hit can be difficult (then again, who uses Store TP atmas amirite??).

If you use that setup (let's exchange the E.body for AF3+2 Body for now), you're being set at 8 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 19 Store TP, 34 if sub SAM.

So using a Maschu+2 (504 Delay), you receive 13.7% TP per hit, add in the .137 per Store TP you have
Code

34*.137=4.658 TP + 13.7 = 18.358% TP

Which puts you at a 6-hit

Using a Hoard Ring instead
Code

38*.137=5.206 + 13.7 = 18.906% TP

But if you add in a Tactical Mantle (+6 STP):

With Hoard Ring
Code

44*.137=6.028 + 13.7 = 19.728% TP

And now if you use the Rose Strap...
Code

48*.137=6.576 + 13.7 = 20.276% TP

Then again, all of this info is coming from me, and I'm a derp-tastic person.
I currently don't have a Rose Strap myself, although I am working on getting one for my WAR.
But, I guess it just depends on what kind of build you want, although IMO the 5-hit over stacking little itty-bits of haste/d.att hardly make a difference, while 19% TP/hit and 20% TP/hit make all the difference.

So this for a 5-hit:
+48 Store-TP (if sub SAM)
+8% Double Attack
+25% Haste

Or this for a 6-hit:
+34 Store-TP (if sub SAM)
+13% Double Attack
+26% Haste
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-13 20:39:13  
Because Ukon's delay is different from that of Maschu +2. 5-hit works for Maschu, not so much Ukon.

Also, Tactical Mantle is a pretty substantial sacrifice on anything remotely noteworthy.

Sidenote: TP/hit is truncated at the first decimal.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-13 20:44:49  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Because Ukon's delay is different from that of Maschu +2. 5-hit works for Maschu, not so much Ukon.

Also, Tactical Mantle is a pretty substantial sacrifice on anything remotely noteworthy.

Right, but my point still stands.

If you'd rather have an extra 5% Double Attack and 1% Haste Vs. a 5-Hit, then go for it. But being able to hit 1 less time makes all the difference to me.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-13 20:47:09  
Math on Ukon 5 Hit VS 6 Hit has shown 5 hit to lose out due to the sacrifices needed and the already high amount of double attack WAR has. Also triple attack taken into account as well. It just isn't worth it.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-07-13 20:47:58  
Ragnarok.Judaine said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

If you'd rather have an extra 5% Double Attack and 1% Haste Vs. a 5-Hit, then go for it. But being able to hit 1 less time makes all the difference to me.

Chances are, more times than not you're going to have overflow of TP anyway due to high lvls of DA/TA inside abyssea, making the one less hit needed kinda moot.
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-13 20:50:15  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Ragnarok.Judaine said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Chances are, more times than not you're going to have overflow of TP anyway due to high lvls of DA/TA inside abyssea, making the one less hit needed kinda moot.

Meh, it's just my own preference.

Plus, like you said it's inside of Abyssea. Outside, reaching a 5-hit is a bigger deal than inside abyssea.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-07-13 20:54:49  
Meh it doesn't really matter outside. Ukon rapes and either way Retaliation is going to be up. An Ukon WAR is going to be tanking after going Ukko's->Ukko's= Light, and then Ukko's again.. TP overflow once again.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-07-13 20:59:43  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Meh it doesn't really matter outside. Ukon rapes and either way Retaliation is going to be up. An Ukon WAR is going to be tanking after going Ukko's->Ukko's= Light, and then Ukko's again.. TP overflow once again.
Ukko's Fury got nuttin' on my new SAM JA double light with fudo's! D:<
 Ragnarok.Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2011-07-13 21:00:35  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Yet the Store TP is still active during retaliation.....

For the 3rd time, it's just my preference.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-13 21:06:02  
Ragnarok.Judaine said:
How does your point still stand when your gear (ignoring your switch to Maschu out of nowhere) isn't a 5-hit for the build I was discussing?

PS: Weaponskills lose a lot by leaving Abyssea too. TP phase hits aren't dropping a shitton of WSC. The split doesn't change by much, and if anything it changes in such a way that WS damage is less of your overall split outside Abyssea, not more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4