フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Fell Cleaving
Fell Cleaving
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Pewpewz
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Leviathan.Pewpewz 2011-07-19 03:37:27  
So recently my war friend and me have been trying to FC our mules to lvl 90, but it doesn't seem to work as well as ive seen in pts that were made.

I'm not sure what atma's he's using but he has around 30% -pdt in gear including grim cuirass +1 etc, and i'm 3/5 phalanx2 merits with 288 enhancing magic.

Trying to figure out why in mis coast apakullus are hitting him for 15-25dmg each with all that on, while in pts the wars i see doing pulls can pull and fc solo with only phalanx2 no need for cures at all.

Can anyone help? what atmas do you use to FC? Also is staff better to FC with for the -20% pdt? ive seen some wars using that to fc lately.

Thanks for responses.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-07-19 03:47:41  
convert to christianity and pray to jesus for divine intervention
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-19 03:48:34  
Leviathan.Pewpewz said:

CAlso is staff better to FC with for the -20% pdt? ive seen some wars using that to fc lately.
Thanks for responses.

This just in, Staff can use the Great Axe ws "Fell Cleave",

news at 11.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-19 03:49:48  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Pewpewz said:

CAlso is staff better to FC with for the -20% pdt? ive seen some wars using that to fc lately.
Thanks for responses.

This just in, Staff can use the Great Axe ws "Fell Cleave",

news at 11.

I totally expected that you would have said something about how Charged Whisker is better ^_^
[+]
 Phoenix.Arhat
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-07-19 03:52:32  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Leviathan.Pewpewz said:
CAlso is staff better to FC with for the -20% pdt? ive seen some wars using that to fc lately. Thanks for responses.
This just in, Staff can use the Great Axe ws "Fell Cleave", news at 11.
how dose u do dat?
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-19 04:21:52  
If you're lowmanning, I'd use AE over FC. Easier to pull, easier to gear, easier to live.

Also (my experience with FC is limited) a lot of times warriors use mighty strikes before they cleave 40-50 mobs then just blue box it back before the next wave.

Offer your gandiva ranger to a worms party in la theine, any reasonable leader will gladly let you leech if you're one shotting worms.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-19 04:25:08  
Shiva.Msthief said:

Offer your gandiva ranger to a worms party in la theine, any reasonable leader will gladly let you leech if you're one shotting worms.
Doesn't Jinshu's Radiance give ruby light? (assuming we're talking pick up pt here) Met a lot of people who leave pt's (mages, etc) for rubying. :| (I've been kicked from pt's like, 3 times for rubying once lights were capped/TE was over 400-.-;
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-19 04:33:10  
First off, those people are morons. Every worms party will cap out ruby, it's bound to happen. Those worms have so little hp any reasonably good DD will one shot them or nearly do it.

Secondly, if you're one-shotting (literally nobody touches the mob in anyway whatsoever before you take your action) then there is no light given. One shotting is difficult for melees because you'll usually get off one normal hit before you can hit your macro... on the other hand rangers can just WS from 10 yalms away and not have that problem. Doing a worms party is a blast as a gandiva ranger. Jishnu's one shot > barrage one shot > Jishnu's one shot, <3.
 Phoenix.Arhat
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-07-19 04:36:25  
Fenrir.Uzugami said:
Shiva.Msthief said:
Doesn't Jinshu's Radiance give ruby light? (assuming we're talking pick up pt here) Met a lot of people who leave pt's (mages, etc) for rubying. :| (I've been kicked from pt's like, 3 times for rubying once lights were capped/TE was over 400-.-;

Any exp alliance that doesn't let you ruby is no exp alliance I ever stay in. I warp immediately when people QQ about ruby because it's annoying to listen to retards pretend like they know what lights are useful for exp.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-19 04:48:12  
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-19 05:40:25  
Lol Fell Cleave with a staff.
Go Earth Crusher burn!
 Siren.Jingles
サーバ: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2011-07-19 05:46:23  
Technically Warriors can use Cataclysm, which is also AOE and is considered an elemental WS, thus giving amber.
So while you can't Fell Cleave with a staff, this is also an option. '.'
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-07-19 06:22:28  
KI burning last nite and went WAR to have majority of red

but my cata's were hitting 2500ish with ultimate/cosmos/smiting'
3k with ascetics
with a blu there using charge whisker for 5.5~6k stuff was dieing so fast lol

eventually had to do 1 tarui and 1 vamp cuz chests were being stingy with lots of hands >.>

sitting at capped pearl/azure/amber and only 16 ruby due to boxes being stacked on each other 5~6hrs later
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-07-19 06:29:37  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

3k with ascetics

eventually had to do 1 tarui and 1 vamp cuz chests were being stingy with lots of hands >.>

sitting at capped pearl/azure/amber and only 16 ruby due to boxes being stacked on each other 5~6hrs later
well that's no way to make exp >=|
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-19 06:30:22  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

3k with ascetics

Were you getting any KI's or just sucked on those KI's a few times? :< 8hours today and it literally took *forever* to just build 7pops.
 Carbuncle.Axle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-07-19 06:34:14  
Leviathan.Pewpewz said:
So recently my war friend and me have been trying to FC our mules to lvl 90, but it doesn't seem to work as well as ive seen in pts that were made.

I'm not sure what atma's he's using but he has around 30% -pdt in gear including grim cuirass +1 etc, and i'm 3/5 phalanx2 merits with 288 enhancing magic.

Trying to figure out why in mis coast apakullus are hitting him for 15-25dmg each with all that on, while in pts the wars i see doing pulls can pull and fc solo with only phalanx2 no need for cures at all.

Can anyone help? what atmas do you use to FC? Also is staff better to FC with for the -20% pdt? ive seen some wars using that to fc lately.

Thanks for responses.

5/5 your phalanx2.
Check mobs, if there over decent challange you'll need more pdt.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2011-07-19 07:07:09  
Try some regen atmas: Mounted Champion, Stronghold

When I Fell Cleave I just use my WS gear, but only if you have a reliable healer with somewhat limitless MP. I believe I used RR, VV, Mounted Champ when I FC'd (been awhile).

Cataclysm burning is good if you want to cap amber somewhat, but its generally weak unless you stack MAB/Darkness DMG+ atmas.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-07-19 07:10:32  
Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said:
Cataclysm burning is good if you want to cap amber somewhat, but its generally weak unless you stack MAB/Darkness DMG+ atmas.

I enjoy Cataclysm over Fell Cleave for Warrior more times then not. Can ditch the RDM and just use a WHM (Cure 5,6 and cureskin etc) and Cataclysm like that with proper atmas takes 2~3 ws's to kill everything(That's like, 2-3 seconds with retaliation up)
 Fenrir.Didgist
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-07-19 07:29:10  
Fell Cleave was the first way to burn, so many people just refer to burning as cleaving. Also Flionheart is a gigantic pussy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-07-19 07:34:40  

I don't always play Ninja
but when I do I *** suck.
 Leviathan.Dandruffshampoo
By Leviathan.Dandruffshampoo 2011-07-19 07:55:46  
Holy christ really? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
[+]
 Leviathan.Behemothx
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2011-07-19 07:58:00  
Sad, sad day on Leviathan :/
[+]
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-19 08:10:31  
Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said:
Try some regen atmas.

No.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-07-19 09:01:08  
Retaliation + Crit Atk Bonus II + Mighty Strikes + Bloodrage + Atma of the Razed Ruins, Atma of the Sanguine Scythe and Atma of the Apocalypse and you are expected to 1 shot all if not most of the mobs pulled. Rinse and repeat with 2h chests whenever you get one (WAR should get prio on it)

I was pulling Apkallus with a WHM following me and helaing me when necessary until it was time to stand still and start. No Phalanx II but I wear around 38% Pdt gear when pulling. When FCing I could even use WS gear since my WHM friend knows how to keep me alive.
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2011-07-19 14:35:48  
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Lol Fell Cleave with a staff.
Go Earth Crusher burn!
cataclysm
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-19 14:47:43  
Fenrir.Didgist said:
Fell Cleave was the first way to burn, so many people just refer to burning as cleaving. Also Flionheart is a gigantic pussy.

Fenrir.Didgist said:

I don't always play Ninja
but when I do I *** suck.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-19 15:17:31  
why are people getting all upset about using cataclysm?

I personally still call the process FCing or FC burning. Depending on who we have there and what jobs everyone will do their part. We usually have a MNK cataclysm, THF AE, BLU CW but I'm not going to call it cataAECWFC burn for chests
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-19 15:37:29  
Back in the day it was SMN burning. Seriously folks, let's keep it simple... A burn is a burn is a burn... regardless of method.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-07-19 15:43:17  
I don't "burn" for exp though, to me burning is for exp you burn through the levels of exp. I'm farming boxes, I'm [fill in the blank AoE method] killing many mobs for maximum amount of TE or normally KI boxes that's the difference to me.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-19 15:57:11  
so just say box burning... problems solved! going for exp? you're exp burning.

Both methods are akin to slash and burn agriculture... where you're just looking for a quick return on time/ labor spent and then you move on.
[+]
First Page 2