users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Low lvl Fishing and "Fatigue"
Low lvl Fishing and "Fatigue"
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-04-11 17:25:38  
Hello,
Last night I was helping one of my friends start up fishing, he's currently lvl 2. After getting him rods, bait, the fishing armor, and setting up in windurst targeting moat carp, we were ready to start fishing. However, after only 10 successful bites (5 fish and 5 items) he was unable to get a bit at all. We tried different bait, different rods, different fishing spots, and nothing seamed to work. After going 0/80 on bites, we decided to call a GM. They were kind as always, but basically said that this was due to Fishing Fatigue, and directed us to community sites and the POL page.

Now my question is: has anyone else noticed a severe limitation on how many fish a low lvl fisher can catch in a day? I myself have fishing lvled to 15 and never noticed such a limitation. I know there is a Fishing Fatigue system, but I usually stop fishing before I notice any impact on my ability to get bites. If it's not because of the fatigue system, do you all have any suggestions for us? I'd like to help make my friend's fishing experience pleasant.
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-11 17:37:58  
isnt it based about the level of the job and not the fishing skill
 Bahamut.Jett
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jett
By Bahamut.Jett 2009-04-11 17:39:32  
If your job is below level 20 you can only catch 10 fish/items per rl day.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-11 17:40:06  
It's something they implemented against RMT a while back. Your job has to be over 20 or so or you can only catch 10 fish a day. After that it goes to 200 or so I think. It has nothing to do with fishing skill.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-04-11 17:47:29  
Hmm ok, He did start out fishing as a low lvl, but then he switched to his 75. Would the fatigue carry over?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-11 17:49:43  
Blindphleb said:
Hmm ok, He did start out fishing as a low lvl, but then he switched to his 75. Would the fatigue carry over?

Yes, until JP midnight. Fishing tomorrow as his 75 he should be able to fish for the full ~200 though.
EDIT: Guess not >.>
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-04-11 17:53:04  
Cool, we just tried it and his is catching fish again! Thanks alot guys. Have a good one ^^
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-12 13:09:15  
there is something about how long the character has been active too. i think its 2 weeks. not sure.