users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Rhongomiant gear sets
Rhongomiant gear sets
First Page 2 3
 Carbuncle.Dominico
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Dominico 2011-07-22 09:54:46  
Going to be finishing Rhongomiant at some point and just wanted to be sure I'm planning ahead correctly. Not going to bother with a 5 hit since IMO you need to give up too much to achieve it. Planned on using:

TP:

Moonshade augments: Att +4, Regain +1
Bestia augments: Haste +4

Camlann's Torment:

Anything other than Twilight mail / Ares body that I could use? Shinryu is being a ***.

Drakesbane:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 10:20:49  
Carbuncle.Dominico said:
Anything other than Twilight mail / Ares body that I could use? Shinryu is being a ***.

Zahak's is ok for DB outside abyssea. I still think rhongo is meh, but maybe they'll come out with more stp gear thats less of a sacrifice, and a way to make camlann's do more than 60% of a drakesbane just to activate aftermath.
 Asura.Sanity
サーバ: Asura
user: Sanity
By Asura.Sanity 2011-07-22 10:35:44  
Kemas earring to WS in if you don't have soil/terra flame/vulcans pearls.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2011-07-22 13:07:36  
Any reason why you are sitting at 25% haste? Unless I am having a brain fart you don't need the 5 STP from goading so you can switch to bullwhip and use a different ring then Blitz. Alternatively Calmecac Trousers and Bullwhip for the DA and TA.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-22 13:19:42  
How does Camlanns do outside on average?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 13:29:00  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Quietus with no str mod at all and lower damage on weapon.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-22 13:33:39  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Quietus with no str mod at all and lower damage on weapon.

Wow gross x:
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 13:44:21  
Belt/Gorget are amazing option for single hit WS's, as always and are very difficult to replace, regardless of the situation. Unless you want to focus on the overall AOE effect of certain WS's like Sonic Thrust in which case you'd benefit more form other choices.

However, for Drakesbane you'd benefit more from - Love Torque/Rancor Collar and Anguin's Belt DRG doesn't really have a lot of ATK so getting it where you can will always benefit you.

Your TP Set for both is perfectly fine. You have a semi 5 hit believe it or not. Due to Conserve TP, and Regain from Earring, especially in Abyssea with Voracious Violet. Bullwhip Belt is just horrid, especially in Abyssea if you play any major role and in Voidwatch if you're revolving around your WHM's Barspell+BRD Carol to resist certain abilities.

For Ring choices on Camlann's you're better off using a Spiral Ring. +5 STR +5 VIT, +5 STR will beat out the +2 VIT. Especially with all of the STR/ATK sacrifices you've made.

Understanding you're using Camlann's I can see why you would want to use Pole Grip, but Claymore Grip is going to be better for what you actually want to accomplish. That is, 300% TP Camlann's -> Drakesbane.

In abyssea you can even further push your damage by adding on a Brave Grip. During your ODD phase it will more than likely spike your crits up by as much as: 66.5~ damage per crit. Assuming your crit's are in a 1900~ zone during ODD, which should and can be higher, especially if it stacks with your AF3+2 set.

However, regardless of what you choose Claymore/Brave/Pole are all decent options.

As far as body options go, Twilight is perfect for Camlann's there isn't much else that you could use besides that or Ares's. Drakesbane on the other hand does have the option of being used with quite a few bodies. Best IMO being the Plackart +2, due to what it does give especially if you want to have a semi 5 hit, however the real reason is due to it's ATK increase and higher needed attribute value's than others.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 14:07:00  
by the power of amador math your 6 hit is now a 5 hit *lightning strikes*
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 14:24:09  
*Semi-5 Hit*

Factor in Conserve TP from Drakesbane WS, then regain at 3/tic.

With the STP pieces listed above, it puts you at 18 TP a hit a tic.

18*4=72 (shocked)
If your conserve TP activates, and your TP is above 28% you have a 5 hit. Starting from that point.
72+28 = 100! (Aaiiiii)
If your conserve TP activates higher, you're over 100% tp on your 5th hit.

If it activates at a lower amount of TP, you need just a few regain tics to hit a 5 hit.

*lightning flash* be enlightened.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 14:29:49  
that's like saying "if triple attack procs on jump your 7 hit build is a "SEMI 2-4hit build".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 14:37:20  
You could of come up with better than that last statement.

Math it out yourself, hell put it to practice. Tell me I'm wrong that this doesn't work.

It's for a Semi 5 hit, however focus on a 6 hit. No sacrifices so your damage is balanced and high all across the board. Versus heavily tilted towards one section of your damage.

Just like your pervious post where you're saying how Camlann's isn't worth it blah blah. All it is is blah, it's how Empyreans work. You use the WS at high tp, you get the ODD. You use the WS given it's a good one, and or a different one for higher, better damage. In our case it's Drakesbane.

What?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 15:03:10  
Atheling and brutal have double attack. You have a SEMI 4-hit build.

I shouldn't have to defend my "pervious" post. It IS a poor WS. It's not as embarassing as say.... Geirskogul, but I still feel that it's doing more work for less dps to make rhongo over OAT. I realize that this is my opinion and I don't try to pass it off as fact. I was just trying to point out politely that you are known for not knowing what you're talking about and, that taking your advice, is widely viewed as a poor decision.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 15:21:09  
You know I was gonna post more.

Really though, you're just so misinformed it's ridiculous. You want to make personal attacks, go for it. But read, and do your homework before you jump in head first and make really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE allegations.

"You were beat on Parse at level 75 with a V. Fork by someone who used Windower Script Macros :D when you don't. You suck, Gungnir Sucks!"

I'll tell you this Ash, you sure as hell didn't beat me. Have a nice day.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-22 15:32:01  
Who is making personal attacks? He's stating a VERY WIDELY accepted opinion, that Rhongomiant is just trash. Not only is this not an attack, but you aren't the only DRG in this game, and you don't own the WS, so it's not a personal attack either.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 15:32:48  
Ragnarok.Amador said:
you're just so misinformed it's ridiculous.

conserve tp does not make you into a better build. It's a poor habit to get dependant on a variable like that. It's the kind of thing people who gear wrong tell themselves to sleep at night. "I don't really need rajas ring because I get more tp off my ws once in awhile." That shouldn't have factored into the discussion at all.

Ragnarok.Amador said:
I'll tell you this Ash, you sure as hell didn't beat me.

Anytime. Also, have a nice day too. Just remember it doesn't have to be defcon 6 everytime someone calls you out. If you have a stroke everytime you're wrong you wont live to see August.
 Ramuh.Zidan
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zidan 2011-07-22 15:36:18  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Who is making personal attacks? He's stating a VERY WIDELY accepted opinion, that Rhongomiant is just trash. Not only is this not an attack, but you aren't the only DRG in this game, and you don't own the WS, so it's not a personal attack either.

I believe the personal attack was the comment about Geirskogal, but I could be wrong.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 15:40:00  
It wasn't meant to be a build revolving around that my god, do you not read english?

*SEMI* As in sometimes, as in ghetto, as in sometimes when it procs. It's a 6 hit build. Understand? It's a 5 hit when it procs. Understand? Too difficult? I mean really, are you just pretending to not understand the concept? Seriously? Come on guy.

It's not a stroke, I'm amused as hell enjoying this. That you would go this far to just to get your jollies off is fantastic. You think I worry about being mad over you, or the friends you have that feel the same? I could care less.

I acknowledged your opinion that you dislike Rhongomiant and it's WS. Did I care to go into that further? No. Did I care to step up when you care to talk crap? Yeah I did.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-07-22 15:42:32  
Ash, Amador I'll take ye both on a filthy rag monkeys!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2011-07-22 15:45:47  
Cerberus.Fiasko said:
Any reason why you are sitting at 25% haste? Unless I am having a brain fart you don't need the 5 STP from goading so you can switch to bullwhip and use a different ring then Blitz. Alternatively Calmecac Trousers and Bullwhip for the DA and TA.

Pretty much this, and yes Zahak's Mail for body on Drakesbane. Spiral Ring over Terrasoul for Camlann's when you're outside of Abyssea.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-22 15:55:52  
Why would you use Zahak's for Drakes in aby over Plackard+2? (yes legit question). Does the 3% crit rate really outweigh the extra att, STR and STP+10? Crit rate is already absurdly high in aby
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 15:58:36  
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Your TP Set for both is perfectly fine. You have a semi 5 hit believe it or not. Due to Conserve TP, and Regain from Earring, especially in Abyssea with Voracious Violet.

read: don't improve it at all because it's just as good as a real 5-hit. The better way to word it would have been "it's a pretty damn good build there. If you wanted to 5-hit it you could XXXX" or "you shouldnt 5-hit it because XXXX.

Without even taking it out of context you literally said "you pretty much have 5-hit because of conserve tp and regain". That's wrong and shame on you for telling someone that who is asking for advice.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Why would you use Zahak's for Drakes in aby over Plackard+2? (yes legit question). Does the 3% crit rate really outweigh the extra att, STR and STP+10? Crit rate is already absurdly high in aby

If that's directed at me, i said outside abyssea. He was just asking for options besides twilight or ares and i didnt know what to say lol.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-22 16:03:58  
No it was directed at Kyo who agreed "yes Zahak's for Drakesbane".. I'm curious why. It seems the Plackard+2 is better in or out, though i guess outside the 10 dex on zahak +3% crit could be better as its harder (much) to crit outside...?
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 16:07:05  
"You have a semi 5 hit believe it or not" shame on you for not knowing how to read.

Just lol really.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-07-22 16:11:39  
Make an OAT polearm, 5 hit it, be better than any Rhongo DRG that has ever existed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2011-07-22 16:33:43  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Make an OAT polearm, 5 hit it, be better than any Rhongo DRG that has ever existed.

Thank you for not contributing to the conversation in the slightest and looking like a jerk while doing so.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
No it was directed at Kyo who agreed "yes Zahak's for Drakesbane".. I'm curious why. It seems the Plackard+2 is better in or out, though i guess outside the 10 dex on zahak +3% crit could be better as its harder (much) to crit outside...?

It'll likely be a fairly close call unless you're hitting high, high crit percentages. Given 5% base, 5% merits, 20% from dDEX cap, and 30% from Razed Ruins, we're looking at only 60%. Close, but I'd say still worth using Zahak's Mail if you have it. That said, if you don't--there's no reason to fret all that much.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-22 16:44:34  
to an even lesser extent perle body is an ok piece. You've (OP) clearly outgrown it but for a newer player on a budget it's a decent return for the price, being that it's just a placeholder for better gear later.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-22 17:06:29  
Ragnarok.Amador said:
"You were beat on Alot of Parses at level 75 with a V. Fork, At a fairly high rate of consistency by someone who used Windower Script Macros :D when you don't."

Edited for accuracy.

Mmmm. Good times. Einherjar was such fun.

More on topic, I seem to recall reading somewhere the the apathy gorget(+9 vit) was better for camlann's than an ele gorget. But I can't recall if that was for outside abyssea only, or both. Not having a Rhongomiant, I haven't done in depth research, but you might look into it.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 17:16:39  
Yeah, you started to once those script macros came along...

Interesting :) yet, you were beat with a Cletine for giggles sake before you even touched those script macros. Such skill Martel. You truly are the Scirpt Macro master.

It really deserves a clap. If anything it shows how nice Script macros are when they simplify the game to such degree. But in anycase, cool story broskies.

Funny how times change though, It's funny how you even defended the idea of winning simply due to your macros.

And no, Apathy does not beat it out. Math it out, it's quite simple you can view Wiki for the damage formulas, then you can multiply that .094 ftp increase to find that +9, and +10 vit still wouldn't beat out a gorget.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-22 17:33:22  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

In high attack situations, it would be better inside as well. Same reasoning as using Zahak's over Grim on war while berserk is up. Outside, the extra crit rate will put it over unless the 4 dex difference puts you at or close to ddex cap.
First Page 2 3