Spellcast .xml help
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-07-26 12:50:15  
Ragnarok.Lugat said:
Cerberus.Sey said:
I have that zone/crash issue too and ended up posting a pic of my error message and my blu.xml to windower forum. Turns out that I had some errors in my script that I'll address later. But if the gear swap mid zone is crashing it, can't we just add a aftercast delay of 2 or 3 seconds?
that delay will make you crash more <3 its because spellcast cant change gear mid zone so putting the swap right as you zone is a bad idea

Just remove all swaps from zoning spells to stop it.

Fastcast on tele's escape recalls and warps help a lot as some of these are very long spells. Tossing martel's suggested code with that minor fix that was pointed out is a really easy solution. Then at least you still get fastcast.
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-07-26 13:04:50  
I'll probably go with what Lugat said but need to figure out a "if spellactive warp targetspell self" thingy. Or precast set to idle which is weird in itself cause I should be in idle to begin with if I'm about to warp myself out >.<
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-26 13:08:11  
Corrected weird spacing and numbers and fixed some "not well formed" errors in the XML.

Several instances of locking in gear sets needed to be Lock="yes" rather than just lock.

"<" and ">" can't be used inside quotations in XML. Hell, I don't think you can use them for anything but closing and opening tags. When you do need to use them you need to use "<" for "<" and ">" for ">".

For example, <action type="changetarget" target="<me>" />
Needs to be <action type="changetarget" target="<me>" />

XML went from 700+ lines to 320~ much easier to read now.

XML
 Sylph.Lorax
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lorax
By Sylph.Lorax 2011-07-27 06:34:59  
I pasted that .xml in place of my current one. Right off the bat first thing I noticed was that after I WS it swaps me into MOST of my tp set, barring helm (swapped me to khthonios helm) and ring2 (dark ring instead of rajas). Now i'm even more confused lol.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-27 07:42:45  
I am not sure what kind of xml you want exacly.
I saw you mention that you want a normal TP set and an aftermath one wich I think isn't hard to set.

I am no relic user or empy one but aftermath shows as a buff isnt it?
A simple rule like:

<if BuffActive="Aftermath">
<equip when="Idle|Aftercast" set="TP">
<feet lock="yes">Gear</feet>
</equip>
</if>

It's pretty much using the the base TP set that you usual use but you add the equipement that you wanna change.You put this in rules (ninja edit)

(Sorry I really have no idea of what look like a aftermath TP gear for drk)

For the auto change MDT set....Oh hell.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-07-27 07:47:14  
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Cata's aftermath is haste, so he needs less haste gear to hit the cap while it's up, meaning he can put other stats in those slots.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-07-27 07:55:09  
Cerberus.Kelhor said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Cata's aftermath is haste, so he needs less haste gear to hit the cap while it's up, meaning he can put other stats in those slots.
yeah I knew that...that pretty much it.I meant that I dont know the actual superdupper TP set drk should use for aftermath with gears of today =(
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-27 13:32:07  
I didn't change any rules in the XML. Just cleaned it up and repaired various errors.

If something isn't working like it did before, then you have some unneeded rules, that having been repaired, are interfering with things.

Also, When="done" is weird as hell. I've never seen that in an XML before. Does that even work? When would done be? Aftercast? Or midcast on a JA?