フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Critical Hit Rate+ vs. Double Attack
Critical Hit Rate+ vs. Double Attack
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-07-31 15:21:53  
Anyone done the math on these two? I'm sure that DA is better at early %'s, but at what point is critical hit rate comparable, and at what point is it better?

Factoring in Ukonvasara's ODD, does that affect the mathematical process?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-07-31 15:36:10  
should be easy enough to parse. get a Pole Grip and a Claymore Grip and see how they do. Claymore does have 1% more crit rate, but should at least give you an idea
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-07-31 15:37:38  
i would put my money on DA because it will result in more tp and damage while crit would result in just more damage

also, crit probably becomes less usefull just as quickly as da, its only haste that has increasing returns
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-31 15:40:34  
Siren.Thoraeon said:
i would put my money on DA because it will result in more tp and damage while crit would result in just more damage

also, crit probably becomes less usefull just as quickly as da, its only haste that has increasing returns
and dual wield, not like it matters for warrior
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-31 15:43:26  
A lot were saying claymore is better, I've been asking by how much and never seen a concrete answer. Also parses suck.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-31 15:44:31  
The answer depends on a number of different factors. cRatio, critdmg, base levels of each, and your x-hit would be a start.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-31 15:44:55  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Also parses suck.
^
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-07-31 15:45:42  
I dont have any math and i dont exactly know what your question is, but if your question is whats better between the two, i'd say Double attack starts better, but when you're in abyssea and looking at exremely high amounts of crit rate, crit rate+ (gear for example) gets alot better than it is at low %'s, whereas outside abyssea you dont have nearly as high of a crit rate, and double attack would usually be better for most situations. And add in what night said. And yea Claymore is better
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-07-31 15:47:02  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
I dont have any math and i dont exactly know what your question is, but if your question is whats better between the two, i'd say Double attack starts better, but when you're in abyssea and looking at exremely high amounts of crit rate, crit rate+ (gear for example) gets alot better than it is at low %'s, whereas outside abyssea you dont have nearly as high of a crit rate, and double attack would usually be better for most situations. And yea Claymore is better
What? Crit+ is more valuable when your critrate is low, not less.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-07-31 15:51:25  
I said, or meant to say - Double attack is more valuable than critrate when the amount is low, And when the amount is high, crit rate is better than da.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-07-31 15:56:56  
I use Claymore to get closer to 100% crit on Ukko's inside Abyssea. You'll hear "yada yada DA+ = TP faster yada yada" but inside Abyssea where you should be using TA atma DA becomes less important. To add to that you'll probably be pulling hate with Ukko's Fury, so retaliation in conjunction with TA and DA lead to a lot of over TPing. I find myself using TP at 130% more often than 100%, not because I'm not paying attention to my TP, but because of TA, DA and Retaliation.

Also, Byrth has done tests that show with less DA in gear, your set proc is more likely to occur as they are separate forms of DA. Not that that is a huge factor, but interesting to know.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-07-31 16:52:27  
It's personal choice.
A lot of these pocket protector agents don't look at other factors outside of a "perfect scenario." I usually have my kannagi nin off-hand Oirandori and I stick with a sword strap since it isn't hurting my x-hit. Sure it hurts the nin, but the damage is easily made up by us wars who aren't using Gnarled. It's been pretty noticeable [eye-balling].

That's just me though.
By Entourage 2011-07-31 16:58:54  
it's just you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-07-31 16:58:56  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
While we're on the topic so I don't have to make another thread, what would be the 5 most important things to cap as a naked melee for each job? (in order of importance for priority)

like:
war -> acc- > haste -> crit rate -> crit dmg -> DA

or is the game so different now that it's
crit rate -> acc -> haste -> da -> etc etc

and for thf or monk etc would it be basically the same just TA for DA etc?

Keep in mind not everything can be capped. but uh.

Haste almost always comes first, then would probably Ta/Da and crit rate, then acc, wud rly depend on how low your acc is etc. Depends on the job though. Dont really feel like doing every job ;x lol, I can give my opinion on one or two jobs if you PM me though

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-31 17:04:17  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
if we're talking eye balling I'd say

Now due to gear options the top 5 things a 1 hand dd should prioritize is
acc -> crit rate -> haste -> crit dmg -> da or TA

and for 2 hand

acc -> crit rate -> store tp -> haste -> DA or TA

But mathematically I'm willingly clueless regarding this stuff so I didn't want to know what people like, I wanted to know which would be the most efficient /shrug

if someone came here and proved acc -> crit rate -> haste would overall do more dmg, I'd believe it and gear to be more efficent with my jobs etc that was all
You'd want haste almost always, being one of very few stats with increasing returns. Everything is dependent on your acc, if you can't hit it you can't crit it.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-07-31 17:04:34  
Entourage said:
it's just you.
Ok, lol.
Makes sense. I keep forgetting when you fight mobs, there's only you a brd+whm mules.

Post deleted by User.
By Entourage 2011-07-31 17:14:49  
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
I keep forgetting when you fight mobs, there's only you a brd+whm mules.

a brd mule too!? I'm jealous =P
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-31 17:16:41  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
if we're talking eye balling I'd say

Now due to gear options the top 5 things a 1 hand dd should prioritize is
acc -> crit rate -> haste -> crit dmg -> da or TA

and for 2 hand

acc -> crit rate -> store tp -> haste -> DA or TA

But mathematically I'm willingly clueless regarding this stuff so I didn't want to know what people like, I wanted to know which would be the most efficient /shrug

if someone came here and proved acc -> crit rate -> haste would overall do more dmg, I'd believe it and gear to be more efficent with my jobs etc that was all
You'd want haste almost always, being one of very few stats with increasing returns. Everything is dependent on your acc, if you can't hit it you can't crit it.
personally if you looked at someone with

acc capped, crit rate 30% Haste +0%
vs someone with
acc capped, haste 26% crit rate natural

you believe the latter would do more damage over time? I'm curious exactly how much crit rate is needed to have 2 neutral identical people stay even or have one pull ahead. 10% 30% 50%? etc

If I had to guess, war crit rate would need higher to match the haste 26% guy while thf would need less due to the speed of attacks already
Yes, I do believe the second one would win over time.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-31 17:17:25  
I have a spreadsheet I've been working on to calculate the damage of Blade: Hi. It can be modified to compare crit rate and double attack. Give me the following stats and I'll tell you what I can:

DA, TA, accuracy %, crit rate, crit damage / normal damage (this value is usually ~50%)

I'll give you three values: without either, with one and with the other.

*The one kink I have is figuring in misses with ftp values above 1. It screws with the time when you'd land 2/3 hits on a triple attack proc. It should work fairly well to simulate expected damage values for normal dot.

Edit: Oh and also what amount of DA+ and TA+. Or is this just the two grips?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-31 17:22:37  
WS frequency is why, and it would depend on a lot of other variables.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-31 17:25:19  
In that case, more power to the haste. Your crit damage isn't nearly doubled outside.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-31 17:43:26  
I don't have an answer, because it depends on too many other things.
First Page 2 3