Looking For Some Friendly Advice.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Looking for some friendly advice.
Looking for some friendly advice.
 Bahamut.Filthybear
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Filthybear 2011-08-01 07:09:56  
I love playing WAR and have got to a point where i have lost my way a bit, Looking for some advice on my gear sets to get them back on track.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225269 - My RR set

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225267 - My TP Set

I use RR VV and Apoc 99% of the time and Red Curry Buns as food 99% of the time, Spend nearly all my time in Abyssea also.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-01 07:24:00  
Bahamut.Filthybear said:

- My RR set
- My TP Set

Off the top of my head, Use claymore Grip + Goading Belt in your tp set. Those are easy changes to make. Down the line you'll wanna put in zelus+blitz+af3 hands for a restraint set, and I think Zelus + perle will beat wala + HQ dusk

Heafoc mitts > Af3+2 hands inside abyssea.

I Prefer SS to VV, But that's with Ukko's not sure on numbers for RR.
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2011-08-02 06:55:16  
RR shouldn't really be any different in regards to atmas, but I haven't done anything with RR since getting UF. The advise given so far seems spot on.
[+]
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-08-03 23:45:42  
Rancor Collar for WS set, (TP if you got the balls), and having a separate set specifically for when Berserk is down helps a lot to average out the difference between the two. Check the Ukko's Fury thread, a lot of what applies to Raging Rush applies to Ukko's Fury anyway.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-08-04 00:12:34  
Asura.Leonlionheart said:
Rancor Collar for WS set, (TP if you got the balls), and having a separate set specifically for when Berserk is down helps a lot to average out the difference between the two. Check the Ukko's Fury thread, a lot of what applies to Raging Rush applies to Ukko's Fury anyway.

lol if you got the balls! I can't speak really for war because of the DA on it, but for DRK I used to tp in Rancor and use dif neck in ws piece. DRK doesn't have crit ws so no point in using it then, but the neck is just STR+ATT which I have tons of so more AM DMG for DRK. Just speculation though, I'd probably stick with Ravagers for TP and Rancor for WS. The atma itsef shouldn't change it as I can't see a reason that WAR would go w/o RR.
 Sylph.Otsego
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2011-08-04 00:33:51  
RR/VV/Apoc atmas, unless you are on something that requires a resist atma. Gear wise, I would recommend WS'ing in Rajas Ring, sure you lose 2 STR, but gain 5 dex and 5 STP on WS, may make a bit of a difference, may not. Feet, I would recommend finding something with str/dex on it, Hecatomb perhaps, but only for WS. If you lack accuracy in build, which it does not appear that you do, swap Ravager's Gorget out for Peacock Charm. Rest of your gear, I would leave alone. Now, i have a question: Have you tried using different body's for WS; say Zahak's compared to Hecatomb? If you have, which is better? I have long thought about swapping bodies out, since I don't have Twilight Mail yet, just to see if there is a huge difference in the damage output, but have not had the opportunity to try it yet.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-04 00:37:51  
Sylph.Otsego said:
RR/VV/Apoc atmas, unless you are on something that requires a resist atma. Gear wise, I would recommend WS'ing in Rajas Ring, sure you lose 2 STR, but gain 5 dex and 5 STP on WS, may make a bit of a difference, may not. Feet, I would recommend finding something with str/dex on it, Hecatomb perhaps, but only for WS. If you lack accuracy in build, which it does not appear that you do, swap Ravager's Gorget out for Peacock Charm. Rest of your gear, I would leave alone. Now, i have a question: Have you tried using different body's for WS; say Zahak's compared to Hecatomb? If you have, which is better? I have long thought about swapping bodies out, since I don't have Twilight Mail yet, just to see if there is a huge difference in the damage output, but have not had the opportunity to try it yet.

stop.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 00:49:50  
SS/RR/Apoc for sure imo. If anything, Ukko's would benefit more from VV since it has a higher STR mod, but even then SS is better for Ukko's.

Most NMs you aren't going to be capped attack on so Grim body is best bet. Zahak's for low tier NMs/exp mobs.

And Raja's is most likely effecting your hit build, so use it in WS as well as tp and get a claymore grip.

Also, about twilight body or Heca; no. Twilight isn't bad if you don't have the gil for Grim, and is supposedly okay for VWNMs(idk as I have yet to do VW :/), but still not a better choice inside abyssea. Heca body blows.
 Bahamut.Filthybear
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Filthybear 2011-08-04 01:59:28  
Thank you all for the advice, I dont have long cause i gotta go to physio but i have switched to SS/RR/Apoc and noticed a massive difference in dmg output with dot and WS.
Started using a claymore grip and also missing some key items to make a good xhit build thats why i have never bothered with WS in rajas etc,Added Goading Belt and Tactical Mantle to my LS wishlist so should have them soon with a bit of luck.
Will check the Ukko thread to work on 2 seperate WS sets for when berserk is down also.
Thanks all.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 02:16:20  
Bahamut.Filthybear said:
Thank you all for the advice, I dont have long cause i gotta go to physio but i have switched to SS/RR/Apoc and noticed a massive difference in dmg output with dot and WS.
Started using a claymore grip and also missing some key items to make a good xhit build thats why i have never bothered with WS in rajas etc,Added Goading Belt and Tactical Mantle to my LS wishlist so should have them soon with a bit of luck.
Will check the Ukko thread to work on 2 seperate WS sets for when berserk is down also.
Thanks all.
I forgot you were using Widowmaker, I had Ukon on the brain lol. So you should have a solid 6 hit even if you miss all but the first hit of Raging Rush while TP'ing in Raja's and +2 body.

Don't try to work towards a 5hit, mathematically its not better. Which in other words I mean don't worry about tactical mantle. Goading Belt is still an obvious go for, for future use.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-04 02:24:49  
504 delay iirc, you have a fake 6hit with just rajas + brutal, if you hit 2 hits of rr/kj (unless it's the second two, obviously). that's assuming ws in rajas though. so i would probably tp in askar over +2, assuming he has it (if he doesn't, my bad). goading with claymore grip is only helpful for the hp and elemental resist things, but i've hardly seen anyone talk about sword strap lately.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 02:36:16  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
504 delay iirc, you have a fake 6hit with just rajas + brutal, if you hit 2 hits of rr/kj (unless it's the second two, obviously). that's assuming ws in rajas though. so i would probably tp in askar over +2, assuming he has it (if he doesn't, my bad). goading with claymore grip is only helpful for the hp and elemental resist things, but i've hardly seen anyone talk about sword strap lately.

Well, idk the math on -3% delay vs 3% crit, but usually delay- is superior and with sword strap++2 body+rajas+brutal, you would still have a 6hit. Even with missed hits from RR.

Would have to get one of the math jockeys here to tell yeah which is better, but I think I'm actually leaning towards sword strap.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-04 02:59:45  
let me guess, you're asking for atma advice

atmas for war/sam: war/sam

wait a minute, you're on the right job

atmas for war/sam: razed ruins, sanguine scythe and apocalypse
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-04 03:04:09  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
let me guess, you're asking for atma advice

atmas for war/sam: war/sam

wait a minute, you're on the right job

atmas for war/sam: razed ruins, sanguine scythe and apocalypse
Did you just wake up? That seemed lazy. :/
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-04 03:21:11  
no i've been up nearly twenty-four hours, riding on three hours sleep the prior day

Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-04 03:31:27  
I know that feeling.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-04 04:03:21  
loser
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-04 04:18:05  
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

Well, idk the math on -3% delay vs 3% crit, but usually delay- is superior and with sword strap++2 body+rajas+brutal, you would still have a 6hit. Even with missed hits from RR.

Would have to get one of the math jockeys here to tell yeah which is better, but I think I'm actually leaning towards sword strap.
yeah, mentioned it because people are advocating claymore regardless of weapon, and i don't know if anybody's worked it out for 504.

edit: also, i love the hp, but just wanted to make a point that working towards goading wasn't a big deal specifically for damage if using claymore (assuming 6hit).
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-04 11:16:16  
Sylph.Otsego said:
RR/VV/Apoc atmas, unless you are on something that requires a resist atma. Gear wise, I would recommend WS'ing in Rajas Ring, sure you lose 2 STR, but gain 5 dex and 5 STP on WS, may make a bit of a difference, may not. Feet, I would recommend finding something with str/dex on it, Hecatomb perhaps, but only for WS.
Stop giving advice. Start asking for it. I'm not saying that to be mean, just, everything you posted is... ugh.

Sword strap might actually beat Claymore in this case. Unsure about that. It'd be fairly close. Either way I still think he should pick up a goading. It'd help a lot for future builds. And yeah, you don't need a tactical mantle.