Honestly, We've Got A Lot More Stuff Than We Used To Have

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Honestly, we've got a lot more stuff than we used to have
Honestly, we've got a lot more stuff than we used to have
First Page 2 3 4
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-23 18:47:37  
Back in a much simple time, back in the days when LOLDRGs started to echo through out the land. A flying blue blur and a traphic cone darts down from the sky. When COP was terrifying and you struggled with having a job that was deemed crap.

Those we're the days.

If you we're lucky you could get these.

Then when you finally got CoP, you venture to the great empire and slave away for a Mezraq. Then it gets bested by Thalassocrat and fay lance. Whew boy those we're the days. The mire was actually scary and creepy to me.

Even luckier if you could get Homam crap, Vfork, Black Tath, Z mail.
this was ideal, this isn't really what I had but what I strived for.
Askar aside there was also Ares, though Deimos breastplate never dropped for me. this was seriously the cream of the crop. I remember how much of a grind it was, having to have top attendance for some Einherjar shell that just ended up dying. Not to mention trying to co lead one which was a huge waste of time. I guess I am great-ful now with Abyssea. Years and years of work for some.

And now well

Maybe in less then a month if you are adamant about it. It was kind of sad we had the worst gear choices(not to mention UGLY) of all. Even full perle makes things look like a joke.

I'm kinda glad I am not wearing this crap anymore.
I seriously had no luck with Homam except the body/feet and the head(which I tossed 2 times.. stupid Zuchetto) Even after having a whole Omega pop pool to myself no dorps.

Though right when WoG was big I quickly traded up to Zahak's Mail/Ares Legs heh. Compared to how things used to be I am surprised people complain about current content. I mean 0/42 on Leaping Boots is bullsh*t, I'm not going to complain about going 1/11 on a Goading Belt lol

What did your gear sets used to look like?

Edit: Early 2004/late 2005.. AJ wouldn't drop and SH was 15mil ._.
I was stuck with AF Body/Legs/Feet until I could use Feral stuff, and I slowly upgraded to barone legs/feet and got an Ohat/AJ in the same day. Then went to a Mezraq. ***was rough, took me 28 Ose kills.. a BRD and a BST won lots over AJ... ugh ***.. finally on the 28th kill I got it. While fighting against RMT who wanted the whiskers..)

[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-08-23 19:00:34  
Dat spelling...
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-08-23 19:03:17  
Trials and tribulations of a Dragoon. Brings a tear to my eye. RIP Lancifer.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-23 19:06:52  
Cerberus.Quipto said: »
Dat spelling...

Dat typo D: was gonna put ***but I can't remember if it was allowed with the new rules.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-23 19:08:09  
Dat spelling...
Fixed. My eyes. They are saved.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-23 19:09:37  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Dat spelling...
Fixed. My eyes. They are saved.

Thanks very much Krizz. Can't edit topic titles myself :S
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-23 19:15:52  
This reminds me of my old DRK, lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-23 19:22:07  
Damn, the good ol' days:

[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-08-23 19:30:13  
Ahh...the life and times....and struggles of a drg. Still my fave job after 5yrs.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-23 19:33:05  
Duke died? Oh guess ill wait 2hrs to solo some more...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-23 21:13:49  
Never did get a good TP body for my DRG back at 75 cap, Askar, Aurum, and Nocturnus all eluded me. Felt bad man :(

To semi-contribute, this is what my BLU looked like for a while.

Though I got Homam hands not too long after feet iirc... legs eluded me for a while, Koggelmander eluded me until about the time Magians came out. Yes, those are Nash legs. Feels really bad man.

EDIT: Actually idr, I may have been using Flame Ring instead of Woodsman... I was big on pizza and Sole Sushi for BLU back then, so my acc was pretty high for the content I did as BLU. I know I was usually TPing in Strigoi after I got that, and I was wearing Tiercel at that point. Didn't have Acubens though.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-23 21:22:35  
My rdm.....Oh dear I don't miss this look.

Everyone would always ask me for D2 thinking I was a blm.......AT IXION.Who the *** used blm for ixion D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-23 21:26:36  
Ixion Cloak reminded me of my old Black Cloak BLM (*** wasting points on Sorc Robe, no Dalm/Morri)... I think I was the only BLM I knew who actually used AF1 feet. They weren't the worst thing for sleeps under fire etc but I never saw others using them, idk why.

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Medjai
サーバ: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-23 21:31:39  

this was my rngs set apart from the arrow and the earrings but forgot what i used to TP in earring wise
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-23 21:32:30  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Never did get a good TP body for my DRG back at 75 cap, Askar, Aurum, and Nocturnus all eluded me. Felt bad man :(

To semi-contribute, this is what my BLU looked like for a while.

Though I got Homam hands not too long after feet iirc... legs eluded me for a while, Koggelmander eluded me until about the time Magians came out. Yes, those are Nash legs. Feels really bad man.

EDIT: Actually idr, I may have been using Flame Ring instead of Woodsman... I was big on pizza and Sole Sushi for BLU back then, so my acc was pretty high for the content I did as BLU. I know I was usually TPing in Strigoi after I got that, and I was wearing Tiercel at that point. Didn't have Acubens though.

I kinda miss my acuben helm look :) I liked that robo cop look haha.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-23 21:33:23  
Ixion Cloak reminded me of my old Black Cloak BLM (*** wasting points on Sorc Robe, no Dalm/Morri)... I think I was the only BLM I knew who actually used AF1 feet. They weren't the worst thing for sleeps under fire etc but I never saw others using them, idk why.
i used BLM af1 feet to nuke in till i got rostrum a week before i quit =/ lol but i used them lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Catgirl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mithraf7
By Quetzalcoatl.Catgirl 2011-08-23 21:34:28  
Honestly, I disagree with the original poster. I loved oldschool FFXI.
It wasn't about having all the best gear in 2 months, it was (in some cases) about spending 2 months to earn one good peice from a monster that required a linkshell and teamwork to claim and take down. (You can argue it was about who had the better bots, but people still bot in newschool abyssea-FFXI, so what's really changed there?)
Also, there were more things to do to obtain the needed peices; Salvage, Dynamis, Sky, Sea, HNM, etc. It wasn't a romp through one event (Abyssea *cough*) to get every peice you need.
And most of all, it was about feeling good about getting each peice of gear you worked hard to get. Instead of walking through port jeuno and seeing every other hardcore player in the same gear set you're wearing, because it's so easily obtained.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-23 21:41:17  
Cerberus.Vaness said: »

Everyone would always ask me for D2 thinking I was a blm.......AT IXION.Who the *** used blm for ixion D:

we had a special rdm who only subbed blm for everything so he d2d everyone he liked lmao

*** mordoc
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-23 21:43:09  
Take the goddamn nostalgia goggles off. Wasting two months in a shitty points shell for one item felt anything but good. And if those idiots had actually known what teamwork was, ***would have gotten done a lot faster. Better now when you can lowman most content and stick with a small group of people you trust.
Hades.Medjai said: »
i used BLM af1 feet to nuke in till i got rostrum a week before i quit =/ lol but i used them lol
Not quite what I was going for there...
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I did too, just never had any luck with Krab. Spent it all going 1/1 on Strigoi lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-08-23 21:45:19  

Idk why won't put blau in main hand :(
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-23 22:05:08  
Take the goddamn nostalgia goggles off. Wasting two months in a shitty points shell for one item felt anything but good. And if those idiots had actually known what teamwork was, ***would have gotten done a lot faster. Better now when you can lowman most content and stick with a small group of people you trust.
Hades.Medjai said: »
Not quite what I was going for there...
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I did too, just never had any luck with Krab. Spent it all going 1/1 on Strigoi lol.

It's not all nostalgia glasses, I for one honestly liked the game better back then. If I didn't, I would've quit when I played WoW for the first time. Isn't it funny I/others quit XI when it changed but not before? Months of work was what made playing appealing for some reason, it does sound really stupid in retrospect but why else would we have 400+ days in 2 years and then only a 100 in 4 years since?
 Quetzalcoatl.Catgirl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mithraf7
By Quetzalcoatl.Catgirl 2011-08-23 22:06:05  
It's not nostalgia goggles, it's the fact that I no longer even feel proud of my good equipment... ; ;
I'm not hating on the newschool FFXI, I still play, I just don't feel the motivation to work towards some of the peices of gear when I see them so often. D:
[+]
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-23 22:06:34  
Leviathan.Novax said: »

Idk why won't put blau in main hand :(
because it was best off hand back then =D, theres a reason for you =P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-23 22:10:50  
Don't get me wrong, I liked certain aspects of 75 cap. Horrible effort/reward ratios was not one of them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-23 22:11:34  

Sigh... us because 1 of our lil member's was blm only then e-drama rage quit lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-23 22:24:19  

Ahh early whm, loved it :)

I believe I remembered everything before ToAU came out, could be wrong tho. It's been so long lol.

I didn't get my AF +1'ed til after ToAU I think, and I didn't have an aristocrats up til like WoTG or something. Same with cleric's belt, I finally got a hold of one during the WoTG phase, possibly longer. I didn't get to use it for very long as Pythia +1 replaced it. And Blessed +1 stuff was way to expensive back then, so screw that. I guess the same could be said with aristocrats, I bought my nobles for 13,560,000 gil back then. I think aristocrats was around 20 mil back then. I didn't want to join a linkshell for it to be handed to me either lol.

Then again I was very into melee whm back then >.>; I guess I still am a little but I'm more into the mage part of whm now.
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-23 22:27:42  

jet seraweels, +mp gear, 20% pdt, 1 mp refresh 0 move speed, random gear with random assortment of stats

......i'm lost
First Page 2 3 4