users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Several questions about gear/atma
Several questions about gear/atma
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-30 03:46:40  
Ukko's native crit rate at 100% is 30% thats why..you'd be over capping with Rancor's Collar at that point with BR up (30% from WS + 30% from RR = 60 + 20% from dDex + 5% from merits = 85% without gear at all...AF2 mask has +4% so we're now at 89% some people use hec+1 mitts augmented with 3 crit rate I believe, thats 92%...without BR.. BR gives I think +30 so that will overcap you by far)
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-30 03:47:47  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Bismarck.Eburo said: »
TA will actually diminish your DA. You have 15% TA, then you have 20% DA, you'd have 85 x .2 = 17% or so DA chance.

I just don't get where you got the other 15% double attack; assumed 2% from nuevo for 25%.

Either way, Rancor should prove better for RR than gorget.

I've been trying to get my hands on one to try out, but also I saw that some people prefer Gorget for Ukko's Fury so I've been skeptical about it. Then again, Ukko's is only 2 hits.
Ukko's also has higher natural crit rate and less hits. Askar body would be nice as well, if you can get that.

That's a pretty interesting idea, I could pair that with the new STP/Attack ring and keep 6-hit, but have some more double attack for TP.

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Ukko's native crit rate at 100% is 30% thats why..you'd be over capping with Rancor's Collar at that point with BR up (30% from WS + 30% from RR = 60 + 20% from dDex + 5% from merits = 85% without gear at all...AF2 mask has +4% so we're now at 89% some people use hec+1 mitts augmented with 3 crit rate I believe, thats 92%...without BR.. BR gives I think +30 so that will overcap you by far)

What kind of base crit rate does Raging Rush have?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-30 03:50:12  
I edited it, noticed you have bullwhip.

Currently this is what I have plans for, I do have higher delay but I could also use a sword strap and have about the same and change nothing. All I need for WS is Rajas and Brutal.

RR was tested as 15% I think at 100 TP. If you have TP Bonus moonshade, it should add about 3-4% crit so you could use that over your other WS earring.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-30 03:52:45  
I edited it, noticed you have bullwhip.

Currently this is what I have plans for, I do have higher delay but I could also use a sword strap and have about the same and change nothing. All I need for WS is Rajas and Brutal.

RR was tested as 15% I think at 100 TP. If you have TP Bonus moonshade, it should add about 3-4% crit so you could use that over your other WS earring.

I think I just saw that TP set when I searched WAR forums for "Askar" lol :P

I really do need to finish WotG... Also, I tried for a Widowmaker yesterday, bringing my total drop rate to 0/7 <_> (Maybe I should stagger it.)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-30 03:55:30  
The new great axe lacerator or something would be better if you would rather buy one.

Would be better off with goading and perle hands until you get zelus then you can drop perle hands for AF3, that'll let you use Askar body.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-30 04:01:24  
The new great axe lacerator or something would be better if you would rather buy one.

This?

I can't find out details of the drop anywhere. That looks like a very good option though, especially using SS.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-30 04:03:04  
Yeah that one.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-01 15:47:12  
Had an unbelievable time today, very fun... Farmed up two pantokrator popsets and... CASH!!! Updated TP set in OP.

First pop, I was so damn excited and overcome by an adrenaline rush. I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to my goal. :) I really need to start working on a Ukon now.

Still working toward getting a Rancor Collar for WS, but I wonder if Justiciar's Torque would be better for berserk down?
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-01 16:32:35  
Congrats! Zelus tiara is quite a game breaker on its own.

I believe rancor collar would be best on both Zerk Up/Down. Heck, it'd be the best TP neck too imo (if it weren't for the fact WAR is rather good at getting a mob's attention, so a 10% increase in the dmg you take isn't usually a good idea).

You could add in a Ravager's Earring and a blitz ring for the TP phase, not sure how good a cavaros mantle will do other than with extremely high Attack and (more importantly) Crit rate.
Also, I'd favor Af3 helm over varangian due to the Crit rate+ and da+. Same deal with Zahak's mail, at least during Zerk up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-01 16:51:24  
Af3+2 helm beats V helm all the time for RR/Ukko's from what I can tell. Fell Cleave only (if Twilight helm, can use that and +1 inventory).

And yes Cavaros pretty much needs attack capped and RR/SS/Apoc (with BR down) to be beating Atheling (fairly certain you get close enough to capping crit damage with BR up it once again goes back to being as inferior as it was pre cap raise).
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-01 17:43:20  
How about Cerb Mantle +1? Could I use that anywhere?

Most stuff I fight with the exception of high tier heroes NMs it seems I come close to capped attack on with berserk up and red curry buns. I cant even come close on Orthrus, Hedjedjet, Pantokrator, or Dragua for example.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-01 19:04:19  
EDIT: It's actually close if attack capped it seems, but it's at best marginal, so there's no point to carrying it other than for +enmity macro.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-13 15:24:40  
OP updated again, added Rancor collar to both WS sets, and Anguinus Belt (new) to Berserk down, and Tyrant's Ring to replace Keen on TP set. Considering buying a Grim Cuirass +1 and/or Zahak's Mail for Berserk down/up respectively. I seem to be getting much more consistent numbers with the Rancor Collar, I love it.

Still haven't gotten around to testing Cavaros vs. Atheling for Berserk up yet. Maybe I can just make another variable or something that makes it so Cavaros is only for Berserk up set when Blood Rage isn't on. I haven't figured out how to make it work with 2 variables at once though. Opinions?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-11-22 19:53:12  
So I now use a Zahak's Mail for Berserk up WS, seems to have fantastic results.

However, I recently got this:

I was wondering if it would be better than Zahak's Mail for Raging Rush with Berserk Up?

PS - I began my Ukonvasara yesterday, despite I thought I never would. 11/50 shells so far!
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-22 20:10:12  
It's really close, probably in favor of Osode though. Basing it off of Aesir vs augmented light earring.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-22 20:33:40  
kinda makes me think perle hauberk +1 :/
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-02 12:51:20  
Not making a new thread.

Picked up an Osode for 200k now I'm tempted to.
Sell Barone Corazza and make it exclusively a regen/pdt piece. (NIN/BST/ Can't use Grim Cuirass, and Some jobs dont really have a regen body) Barone is more ugly then AJ IMO.

Or am I better off spamming Byakko Seals hoping for Acc/Attack+7 and Crit Rate+2 so I can replace Zahaks? For VW atleast.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-02 13:19:49  
I'd go Regen
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-02 13:37:06  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
I'd go Regen

All right thanks, Genbu Tatters should be pretty cheap.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-12 11:18:14  
So I finally went and got a Ukonvasara, and while it doesn't seem there's too much to change going from Raging Rush -> Ukko's Fury I just wanted to see if there was somewhere to add STR to my WS sets.

In Abyssea should I be WSing in 2 Pyrosoul rings instead of pyro/rajas?

Is a Flame Pearl (+3 STR) better than Centaurus Earring?

Last question, my Osode is augmented with crit rate and attack, but with a considerably higher STR mod I'm considering using Grim Cuirass for Berserk Up also, is this the best choice?
 Bahamut.Danthebk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-12 14:25:38  
Yes to all three of those questions.
By daisythunder 2011-12-12 19:49:44  
atma of apoc - is auto reraise 3 and triple attack +15. (its very good for fighting boss mobs where you may be ko'd alot.)

for warrior leveling in say abyssea altepa dom-ops party. i'd try different combos and see which parse better.

Warrior/Thief
Atma of Sea Daughter - this one gives you 5 tp regain. which is over twice as good as VV and all the time your running around your gaining tp.
Atma of Siren Shadow - this one gives 40 evasion and 40 attack and could work well with your attack + gears to bring up your pdif vs mob def. (as skills reach caps and acc atmas become less of a necessity to hit mobs solidly. attack vs enemy defense on decent challenge and ep xp mobs.
Atma of Gnarled Horn - Ability to counter enemy attacks 10% of the time and 50 agility helps your parrying and evasion skills to grow.

Alternative Idea - more of a Samari idea then warrior but might be cool to play around with.
Atma of the Plaguebringer
Atma of the Scorpion Queen
Atma of the Persistent Predator
buy a rose strap from campaign.
and you will have a 5 hit store tp build. so you hit mob 5 times and ws.
when your ukko weapon reaches lvl 95 - 17.93 x 1.57 store tp.
you will have 28 tp per swing which is a 4 hit build.
this will become a very cute way to roll thru mobs with fell cleave.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-12-12 21:04:54  
What at Sea daughter... and needing Siren for attack on War...? Evasion...? Wth did I just read...
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-12 22:55:54  
daisythunder said: »
atma of apoc - is auto reraise 3 and triple attack +15. (its very good for fighting boss mobs where you may be ko'd alot.)

for warrior leveling in say abyssea altepa dom-ops party. i'd try different combos and see which parse better.

Warrior/Thief
Atma of Sea Daughter - this one gives you 5 tp regain. which is over twice as good as VV and all the time your running around your gaining tp.
Atma of Siren Shadow - this one gives 40 evasion and 40 attack and could work well with your attack + gears to bring up your pdif vs mob def. (as skills reach caps and acc atmas become less of a necessity to hit mobs solidly. attack vs enemy defense on decent challenge and ep xp mobs.
Atma of Gnarled Horn - Ability to counter enemy attacks 10% of the time and 50 agility helps your parrying and evasion skills to grow.

Alternative Idea - more of a Samari idea then warrior but might be cool to play around with.
Atma of the Plaguebringer
Atma of the Scorpion Queen
Atma of the Persistent Predator
buy a rose strap from campaign.
and you will have a 5 hit store tp build. so you hit mob 5 times and ws.
when your ukko weapon reaches lvl 95 - 17.93 x 1.57 store tp.
you will have 28 tp per swing which is a 4 hit build.
this will become a very cute way to roll thru mobs with fell cleave.

you dont`think that severe slow effect is gonna be counter effective for tp gain?
[+]
 Bahamut.Danthebk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-13 07:40:18  
I'm almost certain that person was just trolling. Almost.

Edit: nope, checked their profile. I'm wrong, there's a good chance that was a legitimate post.
But seriously, disregard every single one of those suggestions.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-13 07:48:43  
Stopped reading at WAR/THF
[+]
 Titan.Bomber
サーバ: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-13 08:06:47  
I dont have WAR lvled >.> i plan to maybe for now i just have DRK as DD in abyssea i use RR/VV/Apoc only bcuz im still missing twilight mail >.> but the triple swing gets addictive 3 crits in a row for 600+ dmg have pulled hate from all kinds of empy DDs hehe (i use a twilight scythe)