Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 21:19:09  
Bahamut.Zellc said: »
for example; math cannot account for a blm pulling hate with a large nuke and you not being able to land one of your hits while you are tping.
I don't understand what's preventing me from inserting a small additional delay if I so desire. A similar situation would be when I kill a mob before I hit 100 TP again and it'll be >30 seconds before I can WS again, so I lose my Empyrean aftermath. Until I WS again, stats that increase TP gain are now relatively more valuable because it not only allows me to WS, but also reactivates the ODD aftermath that has such a significant impact on my TP phase damage.

Quote:
nor can it account for if in that same situation you already had full tp and you hit you ws macro and all of you tp is gone because the mob is walking over to the blm.
This can essentially be written off as over-TPing. You'll find that Motenten's spreadsheets have had this implemented for months now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 21:23:44  
Ragnarok.Castellano said: »
this doesn't seem like much of a debate on sam gear sets anymore. That's too bad for us SAMs who are actually interested in the discussion this thread is supposed to be about.
Masa/Pole/---/Thew
Zelus/Ganesha's/ear1/Brutal
Unkai +2/Ace's/Strigoi/Rajas
Atheling/Bullwhip/Unkai +2/Ace's

was the TP setup I came up with. Ear1 could be Centaurus, Bushi, or Unkai as appropriate. I'm not a SAM so I'm more than willing to play around with proposed builds, especially if they involve alternate merit setups I may have missed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-27 21:34:40  
7 str translates to 5.25 atk, and there's nothing better to use for the six-hit route anyways
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 21:37:08  
STR+7 is 5.25 attack anyway on top of the 1.75 fSTR. I was way over on STP thanks to Unkai Domaru +2 so the STP-4 didn't hurt anything. I did play around with some Sword Strap setups as an alternative but nothing I tried pulled ahead.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-27 21:44:15  
anything plausible for augments on dusk gloves +1 outside of perhaps a 6acc augment isn't going to outweigh ace's mufflers' .75 increase to hasso zanshin

in other words, feel free to blow +200m as you go 0/200 on the perfect augment
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Castellano
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-08-27 22:00:21  
night do you suggest using ele gorget and belt?
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 22:07:43  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
for example; math cannot account for a blm pulling hate with a large nuke and you not being able to land one of your hits while you are tping.
I don't understand what's preventing me from inserting a small additional delay if I so desire. A similar situation would be when I kill a mob before I hit 100 TP again and it'll be >30 seconds before I can WS again, so I lose my Empyrean aftermath. Until I WS again, stats that increase TP gain are now relatively more valuable because it not only allows me to WS, but also reactivates the ODD aftermath that has such a significant impact on my TP phase damage.

that is still time lost where tp could have been gained. which = a variable that cannot be accounted for with math.

my point is that variable is not only a math term, it can be applied to other things. and we wouldnt be on such a silly topic if had not made the assumption that i was referring to variable in a math sense. please dont misconstrue this statement as being derogatory. im just saying that you pointed it out and i responded to it.

it really hurts me to continue derailing this thread. i retire myself from this debate on that note.

on topic: a capped haste 6hit will outperform/outparse a 5hit slightly. the differences are more noticeable in high haste situations.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 22:08:45  
Ragnarok.Castellano said: »
night do you suggest using ele gorget and belt?
Justice and Beir +1 gave me slightly better numbers, even accounting for Conserve TP.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-27 22:13:56  
that is still time lost where tp could have been gained. which = a variable that cannot be accounted for with math.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I don't understand what's preventing me from inserting a small additional delay if I so desire.

Did you not read his post? :x By adding an additional delay, he has thus recreated the situation using math.

my point is that variable is not only a math term, it can be applied to other things. and we wouldnt be on such a silly topic if had not made the assumption that i was referring to variable in a math sense. please dont misconstrue this statement as being derogatory. im just saying that you pointed it out and i responded to it.

This, or this.

You're kinda misusing the word, in it's non-math form.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 22:20:24  
Variable aka the same thing which is the same word btw.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-27 22:21:40  

Yeah I just quoted that, sorry. You're still misusing the word.
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-08-27 22:22:38  
Night is war still on top? I left and missed the ending of that convo :(
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-27 22:23:22  
Leviathan.Novax said: »

iirc, SAM pulls ahead in certain situations(marginally), but it's still top-tier.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 22:24:20  
no, im using it as an adjective and he is referring to it as a noun. still that same word.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-27 22:33:47  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »

iirc, SAM pulls ahead in certain situations(marginally), but it's still top-tier.

it's so minimal of a difference currently that if you have the hammer, you shouldn't even be concerned about it tbh

if i really wanted, i could war/sam pretty much anything i sam/war outside abyssea currently, bar dynamis, where war/dnc is pretty derp compared to sam/dnc for obvious reasons

ungh
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-27 22:47:07  
what the hell is this going on about now
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-27 22:47:11  
Wow. Night's getting all my +1s for that execution.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 22:48:20  
SAM sucks, WAR is awesome, all hail Sev's WAR!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7