Samurai Discussion #93520123
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 23:10:54  
Bahamut.Zellc said: »
math is concrete, this is known. but when applied to game, or even rl scenarios, there are many other variables that math cannot account for.

going over the original statement which i derive all of what was posted thereafter. stating that there are thing that said variables would not be categorized as a mathematical variables. they would be variables that one couldnt control with a mathmatical equation.

your focusing on what you know will happen with things that you have calculated. and im saying it wont go that way 100% of the time. there are other factors that can happen that are in no way related to math.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 23:12:44  
Show me a variable in FFXI gameplay, any variable, that I can't model mathematically if I so desire.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 23:28:12  
what time, specifically, will snowy weather pop up in xarcabard on the next game day? please explain this variable with a mathematical model.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-27 23:29:10  
what time, specifically, will snowy weather pop up in xarcabard on the next game day? please explain this variable with a mathematical model.

What is this

I don't even
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 23:30:25  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »

What is this

I don't even

he asked me to present one, and i did.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-27 23:31:30  

...seriously? Seriously. That's not even at all related to the point you were trying to make earlier.

Secondly if we had access to the code, it'd be very easy to determine when it'd be snowing, but alas.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-27 23:31:59  

What is this

I don't even

No, you didn't. It's completely unrelated to your point, lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-27 23:32:12  

What is this

I don't even

You do realise that the weather is completely a mathematical variable right? It's essentially a dice roll, which is based on a mathematical algorithm.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 23:37:11  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »

What is this

I don't even

No, you didn't. It's completely unrelated to your point, lol.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Show me a variable in FFXI gameplay, any variable, that I can't model mathematically if I so desire.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 23:37:27  
Weather pop/depop is determined using a random number generator, which is a mathematical algorithm into which a variable known as a seed value is fed. Given an understanding of this equation and how the seed value is obtained (often pulled from clock data) on the level of which we understand damage equations, this would be trivial.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Castellano
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-08-27 23:44:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Weather pop/depop is determined using a random number generator, which is a mathematical algorithm into which a variable known as a seed value is fed. Given an understanding of this equation and how the seed value is obtained (often pulled from clock data) on the level of which we understand damage equations, this would be trivial.

wrecked.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-27 23:45:57  
it would be trivial, this is true. but you are saying that you could predict when the weather would pop up?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-27 23:47:00  
it would be trivial, this is true. but you are saying that you could predict when the weather would pop up?

If he knew the seeds, yes.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-27 23:48:28  
Yep.

And I meant trivial as in trivially easy.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-27 23:51:42  
zellc, please, i implore you to just stop where you are and leave the topic be; going as far as to try and take part in his [joking] challenge is baffling if you ask me
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-28 00:11:43  
its like he has an answer to everything.

that's what many refer to as, simply put, knowledge
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-28 01:46:22  
I didn't see this mentioned, most likely because I'm sure the person who answered it is much more concerned with warrior than he is with samurai(which I don't hold him at fault for), but /DRG absolutely has a place in Voidwatch right now. Anything that can assist with enmity mitigation is a gigantic bonus against anything above T2. That goes for most melee that I've seen in combat against T3 and above.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7