users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hasso Up set
Hasso Up set
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-28 12:32:45  
Am I the only person that, short of zerging situations, just never gets to keep Hasso up? Unless I'm solo, pumping cures into myself with a whm mule, I feel guilty as hell leaving hasso up and getting my *** beat.

A "hasso only" set seems beyond extraneous to me.

That said, I also find myself looking to find the new "ideal mix" with Amano at this point. In a situation where the aftermath is largely up a five-hit with capped haste and good attack-boosting gear should be pretty realistic.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-28 12:33:43  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
(Uneducated) mob mentality doesn't scare me, so feel free to rate up the guy who doesn't understand that -15 SB + Auspice is still a loss in total SB until you're blue in the face. Apparently the troll is the only one capable of doing addition and subtraction.

Thanks, I will.

And no, you're not a troll. You're a douche.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 12:34:31  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Learn how enmity works. /THF does nothing to prevent or remedy your hitting the CE cap, and VE cap is inevitable in either situation.

High Jump is better for enmity mitigation than Trick Attack is, this isn't opinion.

not really the point, you going to get hate no matter what you do, but the point is to stay off the nm for as long as possible as to not feed excess tp to the nm. which going /drg you would be.

as long as the tank has hate there is no issue, and it doesn't hurt that going /thf would give TH2 , if they are lowmanning so they don't have to waste a party slot on thief. (you shouldn't, horribad droprates are horribad)

If you're only going in to TA WS, you shouldn't be on SAM. You're, as you said is important to note, wasting a party slot.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 12:37:22  
Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »
(Uneducated) mob mentality doesn't scare me, so feel free to rate up the guy who doesn't understand that -15 SB + Auspice is still a loss in total SB until you're blue in the face. Apparently the troll is the only one capable of doing addition and subtraction.

Thanks, I will.

So you're prepared to rate up the guy who, by napkin math that anyone with a grasp on multiplication could do, is completely wrong, because you perceive me as not as nice?

That's nice.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-09-28 12:37:25  
Learn how enmity works. /THF does nothing to prevent or remedy your hitting the CE cap, and VE cap is inevitable in either situation.

High Jump is better for enmity mitigation than Trick Attack is, this isn't opinion.

not really the point, you going to get hate no matter what you do, but the point is to stay off the nm for as long as possible as to not feed excess tp to the nm. which going /drg you would be.

as long as the tank has hate there is no issue, and it doesn't hurt that going /thf would give TH2 , if they are lowmanning so they don't have to waste a party slot on thief. (you shouldn't, horribad droprates are horribad)

If you're only going in to TA WS, you shouldn't be on SAM. You're, as you said is important to note, wasting a party slot.(opinion)

i actually agree with this, you shoulda just said this in the first place rather than making HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE arguments.

nice to know you like to change the subject every time you are wrong lol. kinda just reiterates my last opinion.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-09-28 12:38:22  

Thanks, I will.

So you're prepared to rate up the guy who, by napkin math that anyone with a grasp on multiplication could do, is completely wrong, because you perceive me as not as nice?

That's nice.

you're the idiot who refuses to do "napkin math" just because it was done months ago prior >.>;

inb4 this game is too hard.
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-28 12:38:35  

If you're only going in to TA WS, you shouldn't be on SAM. You're, as you said is important to note, wasting a party slot.

You're right, instead of placing huge hate on an actual tank, you can zerg, high jump, then wait 3 minutes before you can be useful again.

Rinse and repeat.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-28 12:39:56  

Thanks, I will.

That's nice.

Yup. You shouldn't let ratings bother you so much.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-09-28 12:41:38  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Am I the only person that, short of zerging situations, just never gets to keep Hasso up? Unless I'm solo, pumping cures into myself with a whm mule, I feel guilty as hell leaving hasso up and getting my *** beat.

That said, I also find myself looking to find the new "ideal mix" with Amano at this point. In a situation where the aftermath is largely up a five-hit with capped haste and good attack-boosting gear should be pretty realistic.

i always leave hasso up lol, but i guess it helps i bring my own personal whm mule to events most of the time lol.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-28 12:42:27  

i always leave hasso up lol, but i guess it helps i bring my own personal whm mule to events most of the time lol.

I do the same exact thing. Also do this on WAR, like a bawse.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 12:43:20  

If you're only going in to TA WS, you shouldn't be on SAM. You're, as you said is important to note, wasting a party slot.(opinion)

i actually agree with this, you shoulda just said this in the first place rather than making HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE arguments.

nice to know you like to change the subject every time you are wrong lol. kinda just reiterates my last opinion.

How the hell did I change the subject? I've(and Taint, the guy who started this discussion) been operating under the impression that someone isn't using oldworld, inefficient tactics in such a way that most mage jobs could do what they're doing significantly better.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2011-09-28 12:44:00  
I actually like TA WSing a tank every minute never really having to worry about hate accumulation. Even at an enmity reset, the mob will be on the 2nd tank over me still.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-09-28 12:45:15  
For VW /THF is used for damage, Fudo stacked does very well on those high def mobs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-28 12:46:24  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
For VW /THF is used for damage, Fudo stacked does very well on those high def mobs.

I think I read somewhere that it needs to crit to even come close to the attack cap anyways. ;x
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-09-28 12:47:46  
Am I the only person that, short of zerging situations, just never gets to keep Hasso up? Unless I'm solo, pumping cures into myself with a whm mule, I feel guilty as hell leaving hasso up and getting my *** beat. A "hasso only" set seems beyond extraneous to me. That said, I also find myself looking to find the new "ideal mix" with Amano at this point. In a situation where the aftermath is largely up a five-hit with capped haste and good attack-boosting gear should be pretty realistic.

?

With the inception of Zanhasso (which is an excellent JT) a Hasso up set should be used by every SAM. It doesn't necessarily need to be used only with Hasso up but factoring Zanshin gear is no longer a waste.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-09-28 12:49:25  

How the hell did I change the subject? I've(and Taint, the guy who started this discussion) been operating under the impression that someone isn't using oldworld, inefficient tactics in such a way that most mage jobs could do what they're doing significantly better.

i apoligize, you don't change the subject.

you just read ***that isn't there and start posting dumb ***that makes no sense. and once somebody has the balls to call you out you get all butthurt from +1 ratings.

look man, i didn't come in this thread to start drama, the only thing i ask is that if you have the *** audacity to ***up a thread bring some *** facts to the mother *** table lol.

kdun :D

edit-
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-28 12:56:52  
Quote:
?

With the inception of Zanhasso (which is an excellent JT) a Hasso up set should be used by every SAM. It doesn't necessarily need to be used only with Hasso up but factoring Zanshin gear is no longer a waste.

I'm not saying to ignore zanshin. And in Voidwatch situations it's good to have around/in your set just because accuracy isn't capped.

What I'm saying is that it is very rare that I'm in a situation where using Hasso doesn't make me feel like I'm being a *** to my healers.

So while I'm not arguing Zanshin gear should be ignored (it shouldn't) I am saying that Hasso isn't something I use much, so I'm not going to lug around a ton of gear to use -just- while under Hasso.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-09-28 13:36:06  
Quote:
? With the inception of Zanhasso (which is an excellent JT) a Hasso up set should be used by every SAM. It doesn't necessarily need to be used only with Hasso up but factoring Zanshin gear is no longer a waste.
I'm not saying to ignore zanshin. And in Voidwatch situations it's good to have around/in your set just because accuracy isn't capped. What I'm saying is that it is very rare that I'm in a situation where using Hasso doesn't make me feel like I'm being a *** to my healers. So while I'm not arguing Zanshin gear should be ignored (it shouldn't) I am saying that Hasso isn't something I use much, so I'm not going to lug around a ton of gear to use -just- while under Hasso.

Cool, I agree with that, so what do you think of the original post, most of that gear you should have anyways.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-28 13:48:27  
Quote:
Cool, I agree with that, so what do you think of the original post, most of that gear you should have anyways.

I think I gravitate toward capping haste and going from there. I find using "true" x-hit setups (in this case, a "true" five-hit) is a great thing to do in theory, but I don't want to sacrifice a sure thing like capped haste for it. If you can get close, chances are you will get overflow via double attack (or zanshin), getting hit, a corsair’s regain, a mob’s AOE TP move, hit with a spell, etc.

If you can readily hit your x-hit, you need to do it, because this kind of dependence is not 100% reliable. It will leave you, on rare occasions, sitting at 98-99 TP. And I am the first to admit that when this happens to me, I am painfully aware of it. But it doesn’t happen that often.

And even when you have a true x-hit setup, you still can get boned out of it if you need to put on on your “Ohshi---!” gear.

Add to this that I’m also an Amano user, so aftermath changes things for my own use anyhow and I’m sort of conjecturing here from a Masa setup.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-28 13:48:34  
5hit vs 6hit was a close debate

but that debate was formed and calculated before sam got +5 stp from job trait tier increase. it also included gear from last update which forced users to drop a huge chunk of DA and attack just to maintain 5hit. this isn't as much the case anymore (mostly with the help of 3stp ammo, and +5 stp from jobtrait increase)

Except, no it didn't. Everything outside of update gear has been taken into account, and update gear doesn't change the situation.

facts, wru?
Fact: he's right and you're being a goddamn idiot about it. The math was done after the zanhasso/STP update and various people have been working it out with the new gear too.

Agree that SAM/THF is stupid. If you're not getting temps back far more often than your Meditate timer is up, your group has issues that need to be dealt with. In fact, you're the first person I've seen to even mention SAM/THF for Voidwatch. I've certainly never seen it used, ours go /WAR or occasionally /RNG depending on what jobs we have in alliance.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-09-28 13:55:39  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
5hit vs 6hit was a close debate
but that debate was formed and calculated before sam got +5 stp from job trait tier increase. it also included gear from last update which forced users to drop a huge chunk of DA and attack just to maintain 5hit. this isn't as much the case anymore (mostly with the help of 3stp ammo, and +5 stp from jobtrait increase)
Except, no it didn't. Everything outside of update gear has been taken into account, and update gear doesn't change the situation.
facts, wru?
Fact: he's right and you're being a goddamn idiot about it. The math was done after the zanhasso/STP update and various people have been working it out with the new gear too. Agree that SAM/THF is stupid. If you're not getting temps back far more often than your Meditate timer is up, your group has issues that need to be dealt with. In fact, you're the first person I've seen to even mention SAM/THF for Voidwatch. I've certainly never seen it used, ours go /WAR or occasionally /RNG depending on what jobs we have in alliance.

Gonna respectfully disagree on the VW. SA+Fudo adds a solid chunk of damage and the harder mobs are easier to deal with when you aren't feeding them TP. A single SAM/THF can do enough damage to down just about every VW mob while everyone else focuses on procs. If your plan is to TP the mob sure /WAR will destroy /THF but if you are WS onlying then /THF is potent stuff.
[+]
 Hades.Perseph
サーバ: Hades
user: Perseph
By Hades.Perseph 2011-09-28 14:00:46  

This is the set I've moved to for Amano. (5-Hit with aftermath) Pretty close to the OP Masa set, but Kaiten allows you to keep Atheling & capped haste with Ace's

Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-28 14:05:29  
Hades.Perseph said: »
This is the set I've moved to for Amano. (5-Hit with aftermath) Pretty close to the OP Masa set, but Kaiten allows you to keep Atheling & capped haste with Ace's

That's essentially what I'm shooting for. I've been waiting on a friend who does leather to synth me +1 gloves. Waiting on price to come down on the new ring/ammo (or to get them as drops). But otherwise that's what I'm already using.

(Thew Bomblet, Ace's Mufflers and Hoard Ring currently).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-28 14:06:16  
Gonna respectfully disagree on the VW. SA+Fudo adds a solid chunk of damage and the harder mobs are easier to deal with when you aren't feeding them TP. A single SAM/THF can do enough damage to down just about every VW mob while everyone else focuses on procs. If your plan is to TP the mob sure /WAR will destroy /THF but if you are WS onlying then /THF is potent stuff.
That still raises the question of why you're focusing on WS when Fanatic's Drink lasts 60 seconds and any magic that would kill you or anyone else should be getting stunned. Only exception that comes to mind is the corse's random *** spikes (can turn during spells anyway) but it's not like his drops are worth ***, get clear/KI and move on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 14:12:16  
That still raises the question of why you're focusing on WS when Fanatic's Drink lasts 60 seconds and any magic that would kill you or anyone else should be getting stunned. Only exception that comes to mind is the corse's random *** spikes (can turn during spells anyway) but it's not like his drops are worth ***, get clear/KI and move on.

It also raises the question of why you'd be on SAM in the first place, instead of having a BLM/RDM(or BLM/DRG, if you care to push further) assisted by a THF(who should already be there for the alignment bonuses) reducing your enmity. You then provide greater overall utility, never have to go in range, and always do more damage.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-28 14:17:25  

It also raises the question of why you'd be on SAM in the first place, instead of having a BLM/RDM(or BLM/DRG, if you care to push further) assisted by a THF(who should already be there for the alignment bonuses) reducing your enmity. You then provide greater overall utility, never have to go in range, and always do more damage.
I hate to be that guy, but I know with my group especially, it's very seldom that we have the best possible setup. So although it's not always ideal, it is nice to be able to have variations to your proposed cookie cutter setups. Not in any way shape or form saying it's better. Just simply sometimes you need to make due with what you have.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-28 14:20:45  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

I hate to be that guy, but I know with my group especially, it's very seldom that we have the best possible setup. So although it's not always ideal, it is nice to be able to have variations to your proposed cookie cutter setups. Not in any way shape or form saying it's better. Just simply sometimes you need to make due with what you have.

>_>;

I can generally go right along with having to work with imperfect job situations(our VW setups are generally *** for overall productivity), but I feel like every group should have several available BLM. The job is such a joke to gear, and has utility in almost all situations.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-28 14:21:55  
Quote:
I hate to be that guy

I bet you also go to concerts wearing the t-shirt of the band you're going to see. Typical.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-28 14:39:31  
I actually went to a Rise Against concerts in Atlantic City last night and was about the only person not wearing a band t-shirt. Just thought it was funny you would say that haha.