フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Gearing for Amanomurakumo
Gearing for Amanomurakumo
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-03 10:47:37  
Just interested in starting an Amanomurakumo-specific gear thread here now that we've got level 95 into the game and will likely need to settle in with it for a bit until 99 hits. Masamune/Fudo is similar in some ways, but not identical and I'm just wondering what the other Amano users out there (or those interested in obtaining it, or just interested in crunching numbers) are wearing.

I know my sets are not ideal right now with the additions of new gear and/or gear I've just not yet been able to obtain (Ganesha's Mala. Radiant Mail/Ace's, new ammo, etc.)

I switch off between a six hit and a five hit w/ aftermath up. Still not decided on which I actually prefer.

So. Let's talk. Ideal WS sets? 6 vs. 5 hit setups? What are folks currently using? Any actual numbers crunched or parses would be great.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-03 11:37:55  
Randomly skimming through new gear, comparing to old, came up with this as a semi-ideal Kaiten set. Thoughts? I'm pretty good at eyeballing, looking for folks with more solid math knowledge of the game to confirm/deny, really.

Hades.Perseph
サーバ: Hades
user: Perseph
By Hades.Perseph 2011-10-03 11:56:56  
Thats pretty close to what I would consider optimal for 6hit; Here's what I currently use for 5-hit Kaiten (don't have ace's mail at the moment, but I'll be upgrading to that when I do). I also think 5-Hit is going to be the best route now given the recent gear/ Store-TP updates that have made the impact of gear swaps from a 6-hit much less severe.

Kaiten 5-Hit build:

5-Hit build w/ Aftermath:

Assuming you are starting from TP after Kaiten (17%) and no longer have Aftermath up, you're looking at a basic Fudo 5-hit set:

(Note these are all with 5/5 STP merits)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-03 12:22:59  
Yeah. I've neither Ace's nor Radiant Mail at this point. Mobs are jerks. Also holding out on Tyrant and Hagneia until they come down in price or I can obtain them myself. Too many other things to buy that aren't as readily obtainable on my own time.

Aftermath setup is pretty identical to the one I’m using, using Thew instead of Hagneia, Hoard instead of Tyrant. Though it still five hits, unless my math is way off. I’ve never gone out and testing it on tiny mobs to be sure and I end up getting smacked around enough that it ultimately makes no difference anyhow. (I also don't have the HQ head or Justicar/Pyrosoul/Vulcan's. My Kaiten set still has a very level 85 flavor to it.)

Just trying to knock together the ideals here.

Also: what are the actual numbers on Bushinomimi vs. Vulcan's? Anyone know? Does the 2 strength actually come out ahead of the extra 3.5 attack from Bushinomimi?
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-03 12:37:58  
Amano in unfavorable pDIF situations is going to want to 6-hit, 5-hit in the opposite situation, assuming you're constantly engaged. That much is definitive.

I can offer very limited help with technical gear comparisons later.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-03 13:00:32  
The "constantly engaged" part is where I start to have issues. I'm not sure about the effectiveness of maintaining the non-aftermath five-hit setup, and it occurs to me that, in such situations, a six-hit may be more effective overall.

In zerging situations the five-hit certainly would seem to be more appropriate.
 Hades.Perseph
サーバ: Hades
user: Perseph
By Hades.Perseph 2011-10-03 13:14:56  
Haven't really tweaked a current 6-hit build, but my guess is that it would look something like:

Which would come out ~46ATT, 4-6fSTR, and 7% DA ahead of the 5Hit aftermath build

I'll try to play around with these 2 builds in Kinematics spreadsheets later
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-03 15:02:05  

Throwing this out there for thought on the six-hit. Haidate augmentable w/ STP, crit hit dmg+ and other goodies.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-04 12:47:49  
Right now debating between:

What I was using at 90 and kinda now:

and

Both popping in Zelus with AM up.

WS being this, with Ace's and Mekira being added in due course:

Asura.Wolfsoul
サーバ: Asura
user: Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2011-10-04 16:16:12  
Nice setup Akkarinn i use pretty much the same setup for my Amano. as for ws part some easy upgrades would be converting that WotG earring to the Tp Bonus+25 and ATK +4 ( i use that since i went for suppa) and also replacing varangian with twilight helm at least until you get Mekira? other than that sweet set
 Asura.Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2011-10-04 16:25:20  
Also wondering do you think Justiciar's Torque and Beir belt +1 combo would outdo a light gorget and snow belt for Kaiten, havent purchased either yet so wondering if anyone has compared them?
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-04 16:29:01  
V.helm is better then twilight helm.
also parrying set?
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-10-04 16:44:08  
Technically yes it is, the beneficial thing about Twilight Helm is that (depending on the mob) you're more likely to DA with it.

Edit:
Asura.Wolfsoul said: »
Also wondering do you think Justiciar's Torque and Beir belt +1 combo would outdo a light gorget and snow belt for Kaiten, havent purchased either yet so wondering if anyone has compared them?

Yes it would.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-10-04 16:45:10  
Nice setup Akkarinn i use pretty much the same setup for my Amano. as for ws part some easy upgrades would be converting that WotG earring to the Tp Bonus+25 and ATK +4 ( i use that since i went for suppa) and also replacing varangian with twilight helm at least until you get Mekira? other than that sweet set
Upgrading that earring will do absolutely nothing for you. Kaiten is not Fudo.
By Biggie87 2011-10-04 17:06:44  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Technically yes it is, the beneficial thing about Twilight Helm is that (depending on the mob) you're more likely to DA with it.

Edit:

Yes it would.

No, it wouldn't. Kaiten is not fudo.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-10-04 17:12:11  
Biggie87 said: »
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »

Edit:

Yes it would.

No, it wouldn't. Kaiten is not fudo.
Kaiten is geared almost identically to Fudo in the sense of Att vs. STR.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-10-04 17:19:14  
Kaiten fTP is lower meaning Gorget/belt give it more of boost then Fudo gets from them irrc, but if attack is not capped justiciar/beir should be better.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-10-04 23:06:36  

A Fang Necklace will beat a Snow Gorget. Breeze/Thunder will be your gorget/belt of choice. I'm fairly positive Light was ruled out several years back as well, though I could be imagining that. Too many facts about this game are starting to cram together after almost eight years.

Nitpick aside, as most things in this game anymore, gear is situational. Attack capped vs. not will make a significant difference.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-05 20:30:50  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

Yeah, I don't think he noticed the evident Regain/Acc earring in TP.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-05 20:41:09  

Not using Snow, using Breeze! ^^ Beir+1 and Just being used when Zerk down, Gorget/Belt Zerk up.

P.S. God guyz clearly Vhelm is better, -20acc!! Impossible to Gauge Zanshin procs ftw? (-.-')

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
also parrying set?

lol'd

Asura.Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2011-10-05 23:12:20  
Ragnarok.Akkarinn said: »

I have an Amano and Masamune, why would I choose a crappy regain earring when its easy enough to have a 5-hit not to mention how easy a 5-hit is to obtain while inside abyssea. I just got the earring recently and haven't tested it much on my Amano, but I did notice some increases while using it with Masamune. I clearly made a mistake using that for a WS earring on kaiten,

I just recently started using my Amano now outside of abyssea since I got it to the lv95 version and it destroys Masamune (at least outside abyssea) and Im trying to update some things that I used for fudo to use for kaiten give me a break lol.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-06 06:56:14  

I have an Amano and Masamune, why would I choose a crappy regain earring when its easy enough to have a 5-hit not to mention how easy a 5-hit is to obtain while inside abyssea. I just got the earring recently and haven't tested it much on my Amano, but I did notice some increases while using it with Masamune. I clearly made a mistake using that for a WS earring on kaiten,

I just recently started using my Amano now outside of abyssea since I got it to the lv95 version and it destroys Masamune (at least outside abyssea) and Im trying to update some things that I used for fudo to use for kaiten give me a break lol.

I wasn't giving you a hard time, I was pointing out something you had missed. So don't get all butthurt. People make mistakes.

YOU on the other hand:

So the Amano user who suggests I should get the "TP bonus earring" for Amano tells ME that Regain earring is crappy. Can you explain why the Regain earring is crappy when my weapon gains nothing from your OH-SO-AWESOME TP Bonus earring (which incidently I hope you're only using for Fudo and not Kaiten)? Would also like to direct you to the title of this thread: Gearing for Amanomurakumo, a weapon which doesn't benefit from TP Bonus but DOES benefit - all be it marginally - from Regain.

I'm well aware a 5-hit is easy enough to maintain with capped haste Post-Kaiten, we're all fairly competant SAMs here - or so I thought. If the flexibility the earring offers during TP phase, i.e. dropping STP gear for more Att/Acc/Double Attack/Quadruple Attack is your basis for it being crappy comparted to a completely USELESS 25TP Bonus on Kaiten. You're. Dead. Wrong.

Uh huh...
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-10-06 10:25:47  
Regain earring is crap for SAM. Its to unreliable for a job with so many ways to reach 100+ TP. An item that sometimes you get one tic of regain and sometimes you'll get 4 is near impossible to effectively build an xhit around.
[+]
 Asura.Wolfsoul
By Asura.Wolfsoul 2011-10-06 11:30:53  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Regain earring is crap for SAM. Its to unreliable for a job with so many ways to reach 100+ TP. An item that sometimes you get one tic of regain and sometimes you'll get 4 is near impossible to effectively build an xhit around.
^This

Also Akkarin if you read my post and stopped focusing on being an *** I did upgraded the tp bonus for my masamune which i saw some great increases on, i tried it out on my amano once i got it to lv95 version recently and clearly made a mistake. Your a dumb *** for doing regain and your posts are irrelevant. Im done, lets try and stay on topic now.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-10-06 11:34:41  
Your a dumb ***

I'm sorry I can't resist.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 11:38:09  
Here we go again...

PS: Akkarinn: 1% DW
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-06 13:41:22  
Sylph.Averel said: »
P.S. God guyz clearly Vhelm is better, -20acc!! Impossible to Gauge Zanshin procs ftw? (-.-')

Kaiten is a 1 hit WS. 1 hit WSs have 95% accuracy.

Hi, this is my friend SARCASM.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-06 13:42:22  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

^ Opinion. An earring that ASSISTs in TP gain is not dumb. Also noting, you don't have Amano. Therefor you choice of Moonshade is easy, slap on some TP Bonus and let the good times roll. It think we've already established Amano users don't have that option.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-10-06 13:44:52  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Here we go again...

PS: Akkarinn: 1% DW

Hi, this is my not so friendly completely OFF TOPIC TROLL.

GTFO.

I don't have Suppa, I want evasion, so yeah...Iga earring is bad for that? No, it's not. 1 DW is meh, 5 Evasoin + 1%DW with no stat reductions is nice. Do I care about NIN no, do I care about staying on topic, providing a coherant opinion on gear choices yes.
First Page 2 3