Drakesbane Testing Assistance Please

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Drakesbane Testing Assistance Please
Drakesbane Testing Assistance Please
 Ragnarok.Amador
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
Posts: 409
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-11-22 02:29:55  
Hello,

Kind of curious on how to test the Crit Rate of Drakesbane

I've been curious for a while on what the actual % chance to crit is, and if it's only applicable to the first hit or not.

Is there any already found information somewhere or perhaps a decent method of testing a WS like Drakesbane at all?

Thanks.
Offline
Posts: 1542
By Ophannus 2011-11-22 08:51:55  
Probably need to do a few Drakesbanes naked on level 0 Bunnies to see the damage on a non crit. Then Sneak Attack+Drakesbane a few times to see the damage of a crit. Then do about 10,000 Drakesbanes on bunnies (excluding WS that give 1% TP returns) and see what % of drakesbanes are around the same as the SA one. I think it was previously estimated crit% on Drakesbane is ~ +5% or so at 100%. Seems in line with other non Empyrean crit WS.(Empyreans are estimated to be ~15%)
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Offline
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nanashi14
Posts: 387
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-11-22 09:51:23  
Where is that blog... the triteness of Weaponskills, or whatever, previously estimated Drakes to be 5-10% iirc. Raging Rush was estimated at 15%, Evisceration at 10%, Jin was undetermined if there was a boost at all, Rampage was probably 5% at 100% TP. Backhand Blow was possibly 40%.

link: http://robonosto.blogspot.com/search/label/weapon%20skills
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Offline
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 16199
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-22 10:12:47  
Much easier and more precise method than doing it on rabbits. Won't take as much time.

Go to Abyssea and grab cruor buffs to ensure capped dDEX, also make sure that you have capped crit rate merits. Having a Rancor Collar will also be a very big asset.

Procedure is simple. You use varying amounts of crit rate to determine the crit rate of the weaponskill. Start at 60% (dDEX + Merits + Gnarled Horn + Scorpion Queen + Rancor Collar), find a monster family that is rarely killed and go fight them. Get the monster down low enough so that only one hit of the weaponskill will hit, 5~7% should suffice. Record the damage and do it several more times, a critical hit should be very noticeable especially in abyssea, when you do not see a crit you know that the crit rate is not at the value that you're currently testing at. Move up in increments of 5% crit rate until you do not see any non-crits and get a decent dample size (80-100 weaponskills leaves under a 3% chance of the event occuring). Also make sure that you make note of the TP return of the weaponskill. Any variation in your TP return indicates that you either missed the first hit of the WS or more than one hit landed. Ignore these results. You'll want to do these tests for 100% TP, 200% TP and 300% TP.


In case that was confusing: 60% critical hit rate, fighting turtles in Abyssea - Tahrongi. You have 20% from dDEX, 5% from merits, 20% from Gnarled Horn, 10% from Scorpion Queen, 5% from Rancor COllar = 60%. You do 3 weaponskills at 100TP and they all crit, but the fourth does not. You've determined that Drakesbane's crit rate at 100% TP is not 40%. Move on to 65% crit rate and repeat.

This is how I tested for Chant du Cygne's critical hit rate. Values will be nearly precise for these tests.

Link to my testing for reference: thread
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
Posts: 4162
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-22 10:34:09  
A little note to be careful of for drg testing on ws...

Lv. 45 Conserve TP

Sometimes that can screw up your tp return and make it difficult to judge if you whiffed the first hit. It should be somewhat minor since missing the first hit should be about 5% of the time but the amount of tp conserved varies. Not sure if this would make testing any less accurate or not but I thought I would mention it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-22 16:08:44  
Shouldn't matter in this case. The critrate bonus applies to all hits and Drakes is 1.0 fTP, so as long as you're not testing while wearing a gorget/belt you can treat secondary hits as equivalent to the first. Since the idea is to kill with only one hit of the WS every time, there won't be any issues as long as you follow proper procedure.
Offline
Posts: 1542
By Ophannus 2011-12-11 04:23:52  
Studio Gobli lists Drakesbane with a 19.75% Attack Penalty. There are only 2 WS with Attack Penalties outside of the new merit WS. Drakesbane and Penta Thrust. Yet SE gives most GK and GAxe and GreatSword WS Attack Bonuses. :/
 Ragnarok.Amador
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
Posts: 409
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-11 20:57:14  
You know what I'm a go test that today. When I jumped on test server, it did seem as if those Drakesbane were below what I was expecting.

It's possible that maybe a Drakesbane Ninja Gimp that's currently upcoming. I'll go ahead and run some tests off server, then compare with my old parases on test server. This will be quite funny if they did gimp it.

It'll be like the good old days when they released Drakesbane and no one liked it cause it sucked.

Then they gimped Penta Thrust hardcore, and gave us no choice but to like and use Drakesbane after they beefed it slightly.

Lol.

Really, really, really hope not.
Offline
Posts: 1542
By Ophannus 2011-12-11 21:35:57  
Nah it has always listed Drakesbane with an attack penalty, it's not new. It's had it since SE added it in 2007 ._.
Offline
Posts: 44
By Foldypaws 2011-12-12 23:04:47  
I've independently confirmed Drakesbane has an attack penalty.

Set crit rate to 100% inside abyssea. w RCB on spheroids, my melee crits averaged 3.0 http://fTP.

My drakesbane hits averaged 2.5 http://fTP.


Using Stalwart's tonic, my melee crits remained at ~3.0 fTP (Implying I was capped without it), my drakesbanes went up to 2.8 fTP, implying I wasn't capped.

I don't have enough testing (~40 samples) to confirm the 4 digits of accuracy on gobli, but it's definitely around 20%, which is close to what they have.

The crit bonus applies to all hits, and 90% likely to be over 5% (Odds of not seeing a non-crit @ 95% crit rate at 4 hits x 10 WS is ~10%)

I'm confident it's 10%, but it's 50% possible that it's only 9%
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Offline
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 134
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2011-12-13 09:23:43  
@foldypaws: I'm a little confused about your test. Drakesbane is a 4 hit 1 fTP WS resulting in a total of 4 http://fTP. Do you mean you were testing whether pDif was capped and not fTP?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Offline
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aanalaty
Posts: 328
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-13 09:34:00  
You didnt explicitly state, but im assuming that you tested with 90% crit rate and landed 10 drakes (40 hits) and didnt see any damage that would account for a non-crit? Just making sure.

Also @ Foldy, did you ever double check your thf DW numbers you posted on BG since they didnt add up right? Do we get DW3!? I must know!
Offline
Posts: 44
By Foldypaws 2011-12-13 10:15:48  
Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
@foldypaws: I'm a little confused about your test. Drakesbane is a 4 hit 1 fTP WS resulting in a total of 4 http://fTP. Do you mean you were testing whether pDif was capped and not fTP?

Durp. Yes. All the mentions of fTP in the post above yours should be pDIF, not http://fTP. And the Drakesbane testing was on the real server, not the test server. I haven't tested it on the test server, hopefully it's not being made even worse ~_~

Aana:

Yes, I set crit rate to 90% and did 10 drakes at 100 TP (Well, 11, but one of them was 3 hits) and didn't see any damage that would mean a non-crit.

(With +40% crit damage, the "non crit" and "Crit" damage has no overlap whatsoever.)

Thf does indeed get DW3 at 99, I double checked it, and someone else independently confirmed it.