Thoughts On TP Sets Restraint Up And Down.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Thoughts on TP sets restraint up and down.
Thoughts on TP sets restraint up and down.
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-11-22 20:39:21  
Ok simply as the title says. Would like honest thoughts on the following tp sets for both restraint up and restraint down.

Both sets will assume a WS tp return of 15.91, requiring at least 16.818 per single hit assuming only 1 hit of the WS lands, or 16.618 tp per hit assuming the first and 1 additional hit lands. The first instance requires a total of 23 stp, the second requires 22. I am assuming /sam so 13 and 12 respectively.

Further assuming capped skill and 8/8 GA merits, as well as Mithran dex pool, relieving 99% of acc issues.

Restraint up. Osode has 2% double attack, 3% crit hit dmg and 8 attack augment. 16% DA, 3% crit rate, +54 attack, +19 acc and +13% crit dmg.

Restraint down. 18% DA, 6% crit rate, +60 attack, +27 acc and +10% crit dmg.

Both sets 25% haste and 6 hit.

Dont hesitate to just say they're crap, any comments/suggestions appreciated!
[+]
 Leviathan.Alas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-11-29 00:34:21  
A few things:
First, Store TP is rounded at the tenths place. With Sam sub (see second point), Your first set returns 17.6tp per swing, while your second set returns 17.3tp per swing.

Second, /Sam Store TP value is 15 STp, not 10 as you noted. As such, with a base tp return of 13.7 - a 15.9 tp return from WS is impossible (literally impossible - potential tp return values based on stp jump from 15.8 to 16.0 on a first hit landing only scenario). Assuming you are using zero STp gear and /sam, Raging Rush (3-hit ws) returns 15.7 for the first hit and 1.1 tp per additional hit landing. If however you're using Rajas in your weaponskill set, First hit is worth 16.4 with each additional hit valued at 1.2 tp. Off the top of my head, I can think of no additional STp gear you would be using in your WS set.

Third, due to haste being calculated as a fraction with a denominator of 1024, haste values on gear are not exact. 25% in gear is actually something like 24.49% haste (iirc). This means you'll need 26% visible haste to actually achieve the 25% gear-haste cap.

All that having been said, a brief discussion of the gear sets:
Assuming your scenario of only 1-hit landing and no stp in your WS set, you need a total of 24 stp for your 6-hit - or rather, 9 total STp in gear (with /sam).
Your first gear set has no need of the Hoard Ring. Swap that for a Blitz Ring to cap your haste and that set looks good to me for Restraint up. Others may argue the Osode, but stats sound pretty competitive with other pieces to me.

As for the Restraint down set, I'm not particularly fond of it. You're sacrificing way too many slots to squeeze your AF3+2 head into your tp set. Basically you give up a useful body, neck and left ring. If you instead switched to a Fazheluo Helm with 5% haste, 14 attk, 5 G.Axe Skill, you could switch your body back to your Kirin's, neck back to Ravager's, waist back to Goading Belt and use a useful ring in the left slot while capping haste and maintaining your 6-hit. A good ring to consider here is Oneiros Ring (Acc+3, Latent Effect: Triple Attack +2% - Latent triggered by having at least 100MP).

Switching to the pieces I recommended (not translating G.Axe Skill, dex or str into acc or attk), your net gain is:
3% crit damage
8 attack
5 Great Axe Skill
5 Strength
2% Triple Attack
10 Dex
-3% Crit Rate
-11 Accuracy (this is more than made up for by Dex and G.Axe skill gains)
-25 hp (From removing 10 levels of HP merits for MP merits to activate Oneiros Ring - If you already have the MP merits, it's +75 HP net gain)

This is just my 2-cents tho. I hope I cleared up a couple of misconceptions you had about how War worked as well in relation to Store TP. Best of luck.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-29 02:31:57  

Restraint Down. Substitute Armada or Perle hands if using goading instead, as Seiryu's kote would have to have crit rate +3% and STP+5 to make it useful on an Ukon. Don't think it matters at all on Widowmaker.

As for restraint up, +2 hands and blitz ring with Widowmaker should be 6hit.

If you want to 5 hit, disregard this and note that you need 32 STP in gear (Rose Strap(4)White Tathlum(6)Houyi's Gorget(9)Brutal Earring(10)Body +2(18)Tyrant's Ring(22)Rajas Ring(27)Goading Belt(32))
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2011-11-30 01:26:04  
If you're looking for ultimate sets for pure DD, this is the best I could get for both abyssea/outside:

Restraint Down Acc capped:

Restraint Down Acc uncapped:

Restraint Up:

Augment on Armada is STP+6 DA+3 Acc+7, Seiryu Kote STP+5 Crit+3.
[+]
 Shiva.Goodgoose
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Goodgoose 2011-12-04 15:35:08  
Silly question, I never post here and I have yet to see the answer to this question, so here it goes:

What does it matter if restraint is up or down? As far as I can tell it doesn't affect you TP phase in any way, so why would your gear ets be different if it were up or down?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question and the answer is obvious or something but I'm just not seeing the merit of having sets for this kind of thing. :S
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-12-04 15:42:18  
Weaponskill damage. Empyrean hands +1/2 enhance the bonus given by Restraint.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-12-04 15:43:11  
Shiva.Goodgoose said: »
Silly question, I never post here and I have yet to see the answer to this question, so here it goes:

What does it matter if restraint is up or down? As far as I can tell it doesn't affect you TP phase in any way, so why would your gear ets be different if it were up or down?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question and the answer is obvious or something but I'm just not seeing the merit of having sets for this kind of thing. :S

It's for optimizing the effect of AF3+2 hands.

They're not optimal in normal TP situations (unless you're absolutely dying for accuracy), so there's no reason to use them when restraint isn't on, as Perle are probably better since they allow you to swap out blitz ring (on conventional goading belt sets).
By Rolotomassi 2011-12-04 15:53:04  
Ahh so you have to keep the hands on to get the bonus? Makes sense to me now, I feel a little stupid. :P
 Phoenix.Pilf
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mudkip
By Phoenix.Pilf 2011-12-17 19:22:00  
Any new gear options since update? Currently gearing war and haven't seen anything new that would change.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-12-17 19:35:35  
Phoenix.Pilf said: »
Any new gear options since update? Currently gearing war and haven't seen anything new that would change.

Assuming the Rancor Mantle does the same thing as the rancor collar that is gonna win most likely over Atheling
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-17 20:46:07  
Ogier's gauntlets could be pretty useful for x-hits.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-12-17 21:28:45  
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Phoenix.Pilf said: »

Assuming the Rancor Mantle does the same thing as the rancor collar that is gonna win most likely over Atheling
Early tests indicate that they don't stack unfortunately.
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-25 18:58:34  
Here's my Restraint down/up sets currently, trying to decide whether Dusk Gloves +1 or Timarli Dastanas are better (all around). Which one do you think?

I plan to get Brego Gloves when their price drops a little more.

Restraint Down
Restraint Up
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-26 11:38:13  
I just switch out af3+2 for relic+2