users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hachiryu haramaki
Hachiryu haramaki
 Ragnarok.Daffel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-24 17:45:07  
Recently picked one up for the lawls because I love the look of it and not many around. After AFKing extensively in it, I decided to test the "zanshin" effect.

This is not the most accurate test in the world and will test again when I have more time to do a larger sample. Went out to campaign tower bashing naked except for the body, goblin coif, masa and subbed /dnc. Did not have any food active and just had hasso and signet on.

The results were over 359 attack rounds:

57 hasso/zanshin procs where both hits or the first landed.
10 traditional zanshin procs where the first hit missed.
8 straight misses, no second attack proc.

Think this puts my hasso/zanshin rate to around 15%. Was wondering if anyone had already carried out tests into its hasso proc rate and came up with anything similar or if im way out?

This is my first time testing a piece of gear properly so if you can spot any mistakes for my next test feel free to let me know. Will try and make the next test as accurate as possible. I had wrote it off as just an expensive trophy but if its still the best body in certain situations I would be estatic, looking at you 6hit/hasso build :p

If you dont want to read an essay on the body - Get a life, old gear is old!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-24 18:13:07  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Recently picked one up for the lawls because I love the look of it and not many around. After AFKing extensively in it, I decided to test the "zanshin" effect.
this is great lol at least you're honest

Thanks. Been wondering if much testing has been done on it before now. Suppose its thanks giving so maybe quiet on here tonight.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-11-24 18:29:56  
This is not the most accurate test in the world and will test again when I have more time to do a larger sample. Went out to campaign tower bashing naked except for the body, goblin coif, masa and subbed /dnc. Did not have any food active and just had hasso and signet on.
I love this.
Read the entire thing without feeling bored.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-25 02:47:34  
Was pretty late posting last night so forgot to factor in the natural SAM zanshin rate which wiki has down as 45% D: and I included the missed hits in my total attack rounds when working out the %.

If natural zanshin rate with no merits is 45% and hasso/zanshin is 1/4 of that the base level for a SAM before merits is 11.25%.

Reworked my % calculation without the misses and came out with 16.71% hasso/zanshin so just around a 5% increase meaning its beaten by unkai's hasso/zanshin D:.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-25 04:04:36  

Reworked my % calculation without the misses and came out with 16.71% hasso/zanshin so just around a 5% increase meaning its beaten by unkai's hasso/zanshin D:.

What is unkai's hasso/zanshin?
not listed on wiki,bg or ge
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-25 04:34:59  
Urrg thought it was around 10% but never tested it myself, only really used it to make 5 hitting easier. Will add that to my test then and see what I come out with.

The 10% may have been something I heard/read or just pulled from my ***, will try and get a solid figure when im on for a bit later. TO CAMPAIGN!
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-25 09:30:19  
Unkai domaru +2 results, over 413 attack rounds:

51 hasso/zanshin procs.
17 traditional procs.
6 straight misses.

Total hasso/zanshin rate came to 13.07%. With base hasso/zanshin rate being 11.25% thats an increase of 1.82%.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-25 10:21:54  
Needs more -acc gear with ikkishoten merits.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-25 10:53:20  
As an end to the thread so I can just go back to derping around in Hachi body would put its hasso/zanshin at 5% and unkai's at 2/2.5%.

This all comes from wiki's info that base hasso/zanshin is around 11.25%. Would probably have to check this by doing the same thing again naked but im just too lazy so if im wrong its just because wiki lied to me :D.

This maybe proved right/wrong in the future but gave it a shot.
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-11-25 10:56:09  
Pretty sure this testing has been done. In a lot more depth than what's been done here.

For those of you who haven't read the extensive testing on Zanshin already:

Zanshin Testing Thread

Significantly larger sample sizes - parse data also provided for reference.

Also, BG Wiki does have the Zanshin rates listed for Hachiryu pieces, see below, which I believe matches the Zanshin rate you've tested?

Zanshin Rates
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-11-25 11:03:45  
Ragnarok.Akkarinn said: »
Pretty sure this testing has been done. In a lot more depth than what's been done here.

For those of you who haven't read the extensive testing on Zanshin already:

Zanshin Testing Thread

Significantly larger sample sizes - parse data also provided for reference.

Also, BG Wiki does have the Zanshin rates listed for Hachiryu pieces, see below, which I believe matches the Zanshin rate you've tested?

Zanshin Rates

This is what I was after D: why can I never find the stuff im looking for. They did "serious" samples too. Saw one guy mention 4500 :O
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-11-25 11:04:51  
Urrg thought it was around 10% but never tested it myself, only really used it to make 5 hitting easier. Will add that to my test then and see what I come out with.

The 10% may have been something I heard/read or just pulled from my ***, will try and get a solid figure when im on for a bit later. TO CAMPAIGN!

I lol'd at this, I suspect I know where this came from...