フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM AF2+2
SAM AF2+2
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-20 01:58:46  
Me, but I probably overdo sam a bit. lol
It's something you can live without, but I find it enjoyable to have.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-20 02:00:54  
I even made the damn Saotome Domaru +2 augmented. I was hoping that plus hagakure could make a 3hit, but they nerfed save tp. Yep, I definitely went overboard...
 Carbuncle.Luthian
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2012-05-20 03:16:51  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Carbuncle.Luthian said: »
Saotome Sune-ate +2 with augmented 2 hour are really not worth the time. I finally used mine after making an awesome macro for them and you still need at least 100 tp to be able to ws though you only use up 75tp. So with 2 hour alone you actually dont get an extra WS until your 2 hour wears off and youre able to gain TP again normally. I'd rather save the inventory and macro slot.

or you save your meditate...........

Even if you save meditate with the Saotome kote +2 and Af helm you get 500tp max, thats only 6 weaponskills before you fall under 100 tp. For you math nuts out there thats only 1 more weaponskill than you'd have normally. Definitely not worth saving meditate for..................................................
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-20 03:43:26  
Because getting in a melee hit or two during that many weaponskills is totally unreasonable?
Can use itemizer and have them in sack or satchel, and just have itemizer pick it out for you before you 2hr, then put them back.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-20 05:00:52  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Because getting in a melee hit or two during that many weaponskills is totally unreasonable?
Can use itemizer and have them in sack or satchel, and just have itemizer pick it out for you before you 2hr, then put them back.

what? any melee hits during 2h don't give tp. only meditate does or meds... Also meditate is on such a low timer with full merits (which every sam should max out those merits) that it's not THAT unfeasible to save meditate for it or for it to be up when you do choose to 2h. Also the hagakure during 2h might be something to look into if nothing else for the save tp value (if you use discipline still)
 Carbuncle.Luthian
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2012-05-20 11:04:22  

what? any melee hits during 2h don't give tp. only meditate does or meds... Also meditate is on such a low timer with full merits (which every sam should max out those merits) that it's not THAT unfeasible to save meditate for it or for it to be up when you do choose to 2h. Also the hagakure during 2h might be something to look into if nothing else for the save tp value (if you use discipline still)

Hasn't it long since been proven that Ikishoten gives back better returns than meditate merits? I'm not 100% on this but I think that was even before the hasso adjustment that turned zanshin into a pseudo double attack.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-05-20 11:15:49  
Ikishoten and Meditate are in different groups~
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-20 11:22:35  
I think there was some math about it somewhere on here. I think meditate won out if you used it promptly. That being said I won't normally 2hr unless meditate is up. Other things to consider would be embrava's regain and tact roll. Additionally, if you think the 2 extra ws isn't worth it then that's fine don't bother, but I find +2 greater than +0 and worth it for a career sam.

I do agree the "you can't ws even though you have 75%" thing sucks, but you can always remove Meikyo Shisui manually when your regain effects are gone.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-20 11:24:23  
I think he meant the increased Zanshin rate in conjunction with Ikishoten merits.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-05-20 11:25:32  
Oh. Maybe. :x
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-21 09:31:43  
Yeah I put 2 merits in Zanshin, 3 in med timer. If you don't ride the med timer the merits lose value and the 2 zanshin puts me at 64% (16%zanhasso) zanshin rate.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-21 09:40:47  

what? any melee hits during 2h don't give tp.

Deeerp, tells you how often I use my lolsam.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-21 09:42:40  

what? any melee hits during 2h don't give tp.

Deeerp, tells you how often I use my lolsam.

After the WSs it should be canceled anyway!