users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG solo
DRG solo
 Ragnarok.Kingx
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kingx
By Ragnarok.Kingx 2012-03-13 05:26:14  
considering major part of mob use -ga and aoe /nin should be always a bad sj.. anyway need test it.. /rdm on dyna should be the best sub
anyway for my opinion best sub for solo are /blu /rdm. whm for what? wyvern can breath negative status. useless you are fighting a specific mob that use 2-3 alternative status on solo. plus if you get any link you have more chance to survive on /RDM /BLU that /NIN
Phalanx/cocoon <3 + Prot/shell help alot
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-03-13 13:46:05  
/dnc is a JA proc machine in dyn.

In city runs /sch also has the ability to Sleepga the mobs, (which can be a life saver), raise and re-raise, cure status affects, sublimation for almost unlimited mp, magic procs, shell and protect.

Also healing breaths for 1200+! delicious.
 Ragnarok.Kingx
user: kingx
By Ragnarok.Kingx 2012-03-14 04:34:21  
/dnc? we are talking of drg.. if i plan to sub dnc on my drg i directly job change in bst..and you need a good set for make it easy.. drg dont have a on evasion no shadows no pet.. so all dmg you take is on your body.. and survive just on walz and hb from ja ,isnt good to make enuff dmg= slow dyna..
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-03-14 06:02:40  
I'm not normally a fan of /dnc. It's got far less survivability than any mage sub. And using waltzes cuts in to your DD output. For DRG, its an inferior solo sub in general.

But when it comes to dynamis, it's the way to go. Why? Procs. The thing that hurts your dmg and makes for slow/unprofitable dynamis isn't taking dmg, or wasting tp on watlzes. It's waiting on proc'ing the mob to kill it(or failing to proc it at all before it dies.) /DNC procs massively faster.

Proc'ing fast also greatly reduces the dmg you take. Proc the mob, destroy it before the proc wears. Minimal dmg taken. Pop a restoring breath if needed and move on.

It's harder than /mage. You haven't got as much of a safety net. Have to be more careful about links and such too. But I've never had to slow down so much that I think /mage would have got me more kills/currency overall.(The above opinion assumes you're staying on JA proc mobs, exclusively. If you're fighting anything else then there's not much point in /dnc.)
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-03-14 11:42:53  
Ragnarok.Kingx said: »
/dnc? we are talking of drg.. if i plan to sub dnc on my drg i directly job change in bst..and you need a good set for make it easy.. drg dont have a on evasion no shadows no pet.. so all dmg you take is on your body.. and survive just on walz and hb from ja ,isnt good to make enuff dmg= slow dyna..

This is only used for Dyn dream zone JA proc camps.
You can survive EASILY from 1200+ Restore Breaths every 60 sec. If not, you may have to use some tp on a waltz 3, but it is rare.

Use a Quint spear, pop your /dnc JA, then use jumps, Smiting Breath, Angon, then your /dnc timers are ready again.
Repeat.

JA procs almost nonstop. Also with the TP bonuses from jumps, I usually stay at 300tp anyway. I can use use waltz III, Healing breath, or Haste Samba without any issues.

Now, if only I could find a way to give my wyvern Treasure Hunter.....!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [161 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-08-22 08:35:06  
I use /rdm alot and am a huge fan of using Ice Spikes all the time. I highly recommend it as part of your regular buffs, look beyond the spike damage - the paralyze proc that can stick on enemies is pretty frequent and means less attack rounds for the enemy.

Its also pretty neat to empathy transfer icespikes to your wyvern, swing at an add mob to get the wyvern on it till he gets hate, then he can icespikes+steadywing offtank it.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-22 09:27:13  
Read most of page one and theres one massive mistake everyone is making with /blu the att bonus trait that you can set doesnt stack with the att bonus drg already gets.
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-08-26 18:53:43  
I know I'm probably look a fool for this but can someone inform me on an effective method to solo animated spear on drg?

I normally have little problems against the thing until it decides to aga>geirskogul. Atm I'm considering using /blu for stuns but without the skill I feel that the stun effect probably won't stick.

I'm tired of looking at my gungnir being lvl 90 so any solo advice is good.

As of now my pdt/dt set is -40% PDT(with DT added in) and -29% DT for when it decides to try and eat my face.
By Ophannus 2012-08-26 21:23:34  
MDT set and /RDM for healing breath. Let wyvern tank it if things get hairy. 40% base MDT plus shell2 from empathy and -17% MDT from Champion's Galea+Wyrm Gauntlets+2 he should take almost no damage from aga especially with steady wing and spirit link. Your wyvern can tank it when you're lowish on HP. Also make a HP gear set for a healing breath precast(every slot with +HP except head which has drachen armet) if you can egt like 2500-2600HP(easy for elvaan or galka) you can activate healing breath 4 at 1200-1300ish HP so as long as he can't one shot you with that much damage, you're pretty unkillable.
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-08-26 21:42:45  
Many thanks for the advice, Ophannus.