フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ragnarok Sets - Warrior
Ragnarok Sets - Warrior
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-23 16:54:28  
Hey all, I've literally just finished stage 4 for Ragnarok, Valhalla.
And I was wondering to see if anyone could point me in the right direction i.e.
A good Scourge set and a good TP set.
--------------------------------------------
Scourge set-

Only grey area here for me is the Neck piece which I feel I should have a light gorget and I'm not totally sure about legs here either.

Any input would be massively appreciated, thanks. :)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-23 16:58:48  
Speaking my language man I was going to start on it myself. How long did it take you post Dyna Update?

Until Askar+5 Comes out maybe this for a 6 hit?

Figuring a Scourge set out. But with all this Store TP it should allow you to Scourge in about anything.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-23 17:01:17  
My friend finished his Aegis on the 17th of november, and we've done his trials to 95 since then.
So I'm betting on thinking I started it around the 22nd of november.
Up to this day I only require 6220 Bronzes left to finish it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-23 17:06:59  

For Resolution.

For Scourge? Correct me if I've made mistakes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-23 17:09:43  
Thing with Scourge the mods are so.. well weird is the best way to put it, I'm not sure whether to go full str with what mnd and chr I can throw in.. or go mad with mnd/chr x.x
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-23 17:09:48  
A Scourge set is a waste of invo space D:
Only use it for AM then it's a Resolution spam
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-23 17:12:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »

Ahh I see. I figured it an odd WS though, doesn't even crit >.>
Even so, I'd like to try and maximise the damage since it will be used for AM like you said.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-12-23 17:13:30  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Thing with Scourge the mods are so.. well weird is the best way to put it, I'm sure whether to go full str with what mnd and chr I can throw in.. or go mad with mnd/chr x.x
The former.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-23 17:48:20  

Even so, I'd like to try and maximise the damage since it will be used for AM like you said.
It's your inventory. Just saying your Scourge set could be taking up space for a different set since I know WAR has so many different sets lol. I'm sure you won't just have a GS so choose wisely on what you bring with you
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-23 18:01:10  

It's your inventory. Just saying your Scourge set could be taking up space for a different set since I know WAR has so many different sets lol. I'm sure you won't just have a GS so choose wisely on what you bring with you

Indeed, I've still got a few bits and bobs to build on, mainly a couple of marginal upgrades but I'm getting there~!
And I very much appreciate the input so far though everyone :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-23 18:18:18  
These are some number's vs Pil. My Ragnarok is only 85 atm. Started the fight with 300% TP and used Scourge for the 3min AM. Fight lasted 2:45. This is on DRK so you would also get your crit bonus from Blood Rage on top of the crit rate parsed
[+]
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-23 18:57:18  
These are some number's vs Pil. My Ragnarok is only 85 atm. Started the fight with 300% TP and used Scourge for the 3min AM. Fight lasted 2:45. This is on DRK so you would also get your crit bonus from Blood Rage on top of the crit rate parsed

huh?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-23 19:16:04  
Bismarck.Aerison said: »

huh?
My bad lol. Meant 1min
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-24 22:41:49  
TP (augs are in comment)

Scourge - atleast use equips you normally carry with chr and mnd then stack atk>str>da

That's only 3 pieces of equip I normally wouldnt carry

Resolution

I'm a little over 1/3 the way to the end but this is what ill be shooting for.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-25 00:04:41  
TP (Seiryu's: 3% crit rate 5STP 6attack(AF3+2 hands with Restraint up))

Scourge (STR and DA augments on V.gauntlets)

Scourge gear would probably hamper other gear sets i.e. PDT MDT etc

Resolution (Dilaram's without MS up)

Edit: Merry Christmas Vana'diel :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-12-25 00:31:37  
Good call on seiryu's forgot about those!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-25 00:35:05  
STR and DA augments on V.gauntlets
Values for each? We have almost no information on augments for these. Any other augments you remember would also be helpful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-25 00:36:22  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
STR and DA augments on V.gauntlets
Values for each? We have almost no information on augments for these. Any other augments you remember would also be helpful.
Only 3STR 1 DA :/
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-01-19 13:38:05  
Hey! Sorry to drag out an older topic but im picking up stage 4 Sunday morning and should have the 10k ready to go straight to stage 5 so I'm trying to get my gear sets ready!

How much Stp is needed to maintain a 6hit /sam? (number for both WS set and TP phase would be greatly appreciated) I know I've seen the math on it somewhere but I can't find it now. Also does +1 e.body have a place in the TP sets above with the proper augments? (DA+ and STP I think are both available) I have the abj but can't seem to get lucky and make the -1 on my wife's character. >.<

Don't have much VW gear yet so I know I have to get going on all that but I'm looking goal pieces to go after.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-01-19 14:04:32  

This is my eventual TP set, maximizing Crit hit and maintaining a 7hit. About 26% crit hit from gear alone.

It seems that stacking STP, even with /SAM, for a 6hit would be a waste of gear slots.
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-01-19 14:34:35  
Hmmm I wonder how that would parse out.

With the power of resolution it would be interesting to see if the dmg from the extra crits would be able to win out over the extra ws every 6 rounds.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-19 14:46:10  
6-hitting Rag needs a fair bit of Stp (which I don't think warrior can obtain through gear alone), and isn't worth the loss of gear in other spots.
It's got a low delay for a 2 handed weapon anyway, 7-hitting it is pretty much the way to go as I see it.

Also this is the TP set I'm gonna use for it, Seveth:

Ravager's muffler's when Restraint up
Looking to replace Hoard ring for Mars ring too.

Edit: Phasmida belt whenever it wants to drop too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-19 14:53:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said: »

This is my eventual TP set, maximizing Crit hit and maintaining a 7hit. About 26% crit hit from gear alone.

It seems that stacking STP, even with /SAM, for a 6hit would be a waste of gear slots.
Crits are not haste... if anything the relatively high baseline value with Ragnarok means you should be de-emphasizing crit gear, especially in slots like the grip that you can't macro out for your non-crit weaponskills. It's not quite that clear-cut since crits and attack have the same end result of increasing average pDIF, but in a comparison to say... Sword Strap, DA, or a base damage increase (fSTR), crits would be relatively less valuable.

Speaking of Sword Strap, how is it that nobody has mentioned it in this thread until now?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-19 14:58:29  
Sword strap never came to mind honestly :<
Well that and because I'm still in need of 3400 bronzes ._.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-01-19 15:06:04  
What do you mean "crits are not haste". If I get what you're talking about, I do have haste capped in that set, but i'm probably not understanding what you're saying.

I still believe that the stacked critical hit will be better even with a non critting weapon skills like Resolution. Also, the only difference in the weapon skill with the grip slot is 2% double attack and seeing as we're talking Warrior talk, we have enough double attack already. The only slot I would consider changing might be the light earring. Maybe replace it with Centaurus or Ravager's Earring.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-19 15:08:03  
What do you mean "crits are not haste".
Decreasing vs increasing returns. Haste gets better as you add more, crits have the opposite result.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-01-19 15:09:32  
Sword strap never came to mind honestly :<
Well that and because I'm still in need of 3400 bronzes ._.

With the gear set I posted a Sword Strap would make it an 8hit while only changing the delay by .2 seconds. It might work with more Store TP, but no with the set I'll be running around in.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-01-19 15:10:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
What do you mean "crits are not haste".
Decreasing vs increasing returns. Haste gets better as you add more, crits have the opposite result.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Isn't double attack in the same boat as critical hit in that aspect?
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-01-19 21:50:26  
I am working on collecting currency for a relic, but I want to make sure that I have weighed all my options before I pass the point of no return. With my jobs, my choice comes down to Mandau, Bravura, Apocalypse, Gungnir, or Ragnarok. Using the process of elimination, Apoc and Gungnir are crossed off the list because lolsycthe and working on OAT polearm. This leaves Mandau, Bravura, and Ragnarok. I am hesitant to do Mandau because I prefer DNC to THF, and Mandau would prob have me be on THF more often than DNC. I was planning Bravura, but looking in the other forum it seems that even 90 Ukon vs 99 Bravura still favors Ukon. While Bravura has nice utility uses, Ukon users have ways to compensate while still maintaining the best GAxe ws in the game. How well does Ragnarok do with war? I hear nothing but good about the new Gsword ws, but with B+ in Gsword is it worth using over lets say Ukon?

I am collecting Glavoid/Itza atm, so whether I chose Ukon/Twash is dependent on the Relic that I choose.
 Sylph.Biginallways
サーバ: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2012-01-20 01:07:28  
6-hitting Rag needs a fair bit of Stp (which I don't think warrior can obtain through gear alone), and isn't worth the loss of gear in other spots.
It's got a low delay for a 2 handed weapon anyway, 7-hitting it is pretty much the way to go as I see it.

Also this is the TP set I'm gonna use for it, Seveth:

Ravager's muffler's when Restraint up
Looking to replace Hoard ring for Mars ring too.

Edit: Phasmida belt whenever it wants to drop too.

It's actually fairly easy now to 6-hit when eating Arrabbiata, and it's well worth it. Here's a tp set and resolution set for 6-hitting ragnarok when eating arrabbiata (you can also substitute carbonara if you're low on funds).

First Page 2