[Dev] Dragoon Adjustments

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » [Dev] Dragoon Adjustments
[Dev] Dragoon Adjustments
By esdain 2012-01-04 13:22:01  
Who was I kidding? A quest? lmao. That would be, like everything these days, unlocked through Trial of Magians. Fo' sho.

Also... bask in the hot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-01-04 13:28:22  
Ragnarok.Zapxthebest said: »
These are all nice but when will they lower the recast on wyvern summon? :(

Rather than lowering to recast on Call wyvern, I'd be happy with the wyvern being able to use Healing/Remove breaths on itself (Master > self > party member(s)) much like how the automaton functions.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-01-04 13:31:31  
I want my wyvern to glow like Godzilla when using breath attack, and make the same sound.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-04 13:55:06  
Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
I want my wyvern to glow like Godzilla when using breath attack, and make the same sound.

Can we please have our Wyvern mimic our jumps? Just messing around on Fodder Mobs in Aby(Worms), Red Curry Buns, VV/RR/Apoc (VV since your running alot) She was hitting weak stuff for 300+ and double/triple attacking. It was pretty nice. I'd love a TP move thats physical for a wyvern. It sucks she would ne just a bother on VW material though.
By Ophannus 2012-01-05 10:15:23  
I'm hoping the new meritable 2hr for DRG is something that for 45-60 seconds gives us either massive Conserve TP or Save TP+50-60 so that we get like 60-80% TP returns on multi hit WS(Especially Drakesbane/Stardiver) so for about a minute or so every 2hours, we can harken back to the pre-penta nerf days! :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-05 10:19:55  
Ophannus said: »
I'm hoping the new meritable 2hr for DRG is something that for 45-60 seconds gives us either massive Conserve TP or Save TP+50-60 so that we get like 60-80% TP returns on multi hit WS(Especially Drakesbane/Stardiver) so for about a minute or so every 2hours, we can harken back to the pre-penta nerf days! :D

This reminds me of when we would un-install Diablo II and then reinstall to play "D2 classic" on LAN.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-01-09 09:15:29  
Oh man....Diablo II stole so many hours xD The things i had to play before FFXI came along /shudder!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-09 09:24:00  
I used to make so many "fun" jobs before 1.10 (when they made hell difficulty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE). I remember my power ranger (bow pld), bard (shout only barbarian), and my personal favorite: madawc: the whirlwindless leap attack polearm barbarian.

I also had my share of the more "mainstream" charged bolt sorces, teeth necros, and poison javazons.

*edit* Grats on your spear <3<3<3 Im super jello, like bill cosby jello pudding pops.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-01-09 10:00:20  
Thanky ^_^ havent bothered to make an official statement since ive just been grinding trials since i got it, and now im at work with no pics, and whats a Ryu without pics!?

Lv 80 version now. Have 3 tinnins lined up for 85 tonight, then just 3 arra slavage bosses to 95 :)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-11 18:12:25  
Update on topic today:

01-11-2012 06:07 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hey everyone

I bring some more news about dragoon adjustments. These are some responses to questions/requests that have been seen on the Japanese forum.

Quote:
Are there any plans to adjust the haste category for Spirit Surge?
Haste is split into two categories, magical and equipment. Spirit Surge currently falls into the magical category, but in order for this to be changed so it is treated neither as magical nor equipment, it’s necessary to edit the programming itself and this takes some time to do.

We weren’t able to inform you the other day at the same time as the other adjustments, but we’ve completed the work to make it possible to make Spirit Surge’s haste effect be in its own category similar to Hasso and we would like to implement this on the test server along with the Jump/Breath adjustments.

Due to this adjustment the number of attack rounds in a given time frame will increase, so we are planning to keep the effect duration of Spirit Surge at 60 seconds.

Quote:
Curse/Bane (Lv60~)
Will this Cursna Breath have any effect on Doom?
Similar to the effect of the white magic spell Cursna, it will have a chance to cure Death (though there is a chance it will miss).

Quote:
High jump
If you are going to add stats to High Jump, you should remove the shared recast timer with Soul Jump.
Soul Jump and Spirit Jump’s usage interval were set on the basis that they share recast timers.
Since we have reached the limit system wise for recast timers, it will not be possible to split any more. We have been exploring other possibilities, but a short term solution is rather difficult and we apologize that we haven’t finalized anything as of yet.

Quote:
Remove Breath
What about the order of use for status cures? Will it be possible to use multiple times? Can we choose?
In the case that you are inflicted with multiple status ailments, Remove Breath will cure only one of them. The status ailments cured will be selected based on level, but there is still room to look into priority, so please let us know your feedback.
Subscribe
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-11 18:14:13  
Quote:
Similar to the effect of the white magic spell Cursna, it will have a chance to cure Death (though there is a chance it will miss).

Woah.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-11 18:15:24  
Quote:
Since we have reached the limit system wise for recast timers, it will not be possible to split any more
The *** this means? (sorry about the rudeness)
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-11 18:15:33  
Bahamut.Serj said: »
Quote:

Woah.
This^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-11 18:16:32  
More than a little certain that they meant to say Doom, not Death. Raise doesn't have a chance to fail.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-01-11 18:17:47  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Since we have reached the limit system wise for recast timers, it will not be possible to split any more
Yeah when they say things like this, I cringe...
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-11 18:18:18  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
More than a little certain that they meant to say Doom, not Death. Raise doesn't have a chance to fail.

It does in one Final Fantasy game not sure which though.

ninjaedit: nvm, that was golden sun, pardon me sir.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-11 18:19:15  
Most importantly it doesn't in this one. Cursna when healing Doom does; further, Curse/Bane Removal, etc.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-12 20:01:32  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

It does in one Final Fantasy game not sure which though.

ninjaedit: nvm, that was golden sun, pardon me sir.

Final Fantasy Tactics it did.

It was a joke. Derp.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-01-12 20:41:43  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quote:

It means that there will be no more new magic or JA EVEREVEREVER PS2 limitations
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-13 14:11:20  
Update on topic today:

01-13-2012 01:57 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I’m sure you’re all wondering what this whole “recast timer limitations” thing is all about.

For a main job, the current maximum number of abilities with recast timers is 12. (Adding on a support job brings this up to a total of 24.)

Dragoon has pretty much reached the limit of the allocated 12 recast timers set for a main job.

In order to add jumps to dragoon, which already had a large amount of abilities, we based the stats on the fact that the recasts would be shared, since we had no choice but to create shared recast timers. Had we actually eliminated the recast timer limitation problem and created unique recast timers for Spirit Jump and Soul Jump, I believe that their recast timers would be longer.

Next, in regards to priority of status ailment cures from Remove Breath, the below order was suggested:

Paralyze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Curse/Death > Disease/Plague>Petrify >>> Blind>Poison

If there are no problems with this the development team will be looking into this direction. Let us know if you prefer something different.

The development team is also looking into reducing the recast timer of Spirit Link as well as introducing items that will allow you to cure your Wyvern.
Subscribe
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-01-13 14:12:34  
I had no idea that JA timer limit existed lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-13 14:14:32  
Lol, knowing the official forum, they'll say something like "No, Silence >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Para"
By Zeyphr 2012-01-13 14:14:34  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

There making stuff up !

But in all seriousness, healing items for our dragoons will be quite cool. Tired of seeing them die in 1-2 hits
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-01-13 14:16:43  
Zeyphr said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

There making stuff up !

But in all seriousness, healing items for our dragoons will be quite cool. Tired of seeing them die in 1-2 hits
Now they can die in 3-4 hits! :D
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-13 14:20:42  
I didn't realize DRG has more JA Timers then WAR does lol.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-13 14:30:02  
lol...

Camate said:
Transmit said:
No no no! Don't look into lowering the timer of spirit link! Look into lower the time of Call Wyvern! It doesnt matter if we can cure our wyvern when your VW mobs can demolish it before you can get through the menu.
Pretty sure we did this when we reduced it from 2 hours to 20 minutes, no? lol

On a serious note, I will submit the feedback
By Ophannus 2012-01-13 16:16:00  
Spirit Surge
Call Wyvern
Dismiss
Ancient Circle
Jump
Spirit Link
High Jump
Super Jump
Restoring Breath
Smiting Breath
Angon
Deep Breathing
--------------------

Mighty Strikes
Provoke
Berserk
Defender
Warcry
Aggressor
Retaliation
Restraint
Tomahawk
Warrior's Charge
------------------------
By Ophannus 2012-01-13 16:16:38  
So i doubt we'll be seeing anyany kind of DRG self buff anytime soon unless it shares recast with Spirit Link or something.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2012-01-13 16:19:07  
Dragon Breaker isn't on the list you made, which would make it 13 unless they count pet commands separately.

Based on how Camate worded it, I'm betting the 12 abilities he's referencing are these based on the wiki list, regardless of the shared timer.

Spirit Surge
Call Wyvern
Ancient Circle
Jump
Spirit Link
High Jump
Super Jump
Deep Breathing
Angon
Spirit Jump
Soul Jump
Dragon Breaker
 Phoenix.Missescakes
サーバ: Phoenix
user: noriko
By Phoenix.Missescakes 2012-01-13 16:19:46  
Ragnarok.Doluka said: »
Dragon Breaker isn't on the list you made, which would make it 13 unless they count pet commands separately.

omg doluka hihi its noriko from ffxidats :X hehe hows u doluka for president in 08 xD!!