[Dev] Dragoon Adjustments

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » [Dev] Dragoon Adjustments
[Dev] Dragoon Adjustments
By Ophannus 2012-01-13 18:02:50  
Shared timers don't count I think, otherwise DNC would have like 20-30 abilities.
By mortontony1 2012-01-13 18:12:35  
Petrify>Disease? Or just me?
 Phoenix.Radatz
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Radatz
By Phoenix.Radatz 2012-01-13 18:32:30  
I think that a remove breath pet command could be pretty neat, i mean i know we can just remove ***every time we ws which a good drg can do but if youre subbing sam it would be nice to be able to remove ailments.
 Ragnarok.Krystyl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Krystal
By Ragnarok.Krystyl 2012-01-13 19:53:39  
Agreed, the addition of the commanded breaths have made /SAM so much more enjoyable. Looking forward to a bit of support abilities.
By Ophannus 2012-01-13 20:07:49  
A "Soothing Breath" command that removes 1 ailment would be good. It could heal most ailments similar to Winds of Promyvion or Healing Waltz.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-13 20:08:49  
Winds of Promyvion is erase only
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-01-13 23:07:38  
It's sad to still read things about "limits" when it comes down to FF11. I'm happy that DRG is getting some better updadtes, much appreciated.

Just lame that it kind of closes the door on thinking we'd have new things to look forward too. It sounds like they basically just said: We'll be revising, and changing a few things but nothing drastic.

(Ability wise that is)

In anycase, we'll see.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-17 09:14:53  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Update on topic today:

01-13-2012 01:57 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I’m sure you’re all wondering what this whole “recast timer limitations” thing is all about.

For a main job, the current maximum number of abilities with recast timers is 12. (Adding on a support job brings this up to a total of 24.)

Dragoon has pretty much reached the limit of the allocated 12 recast timers set for a main job.

In order to add jumps to dragoon, which already had a large amount of abilities, we based the stats on the fact that the recasts would be shared, since we had no choice but to create shared recast timers. Had we actually eliminated the recast timer limitation problem and created unique recast timers for Spirit Jump and Soul Jump, I believe that their recast timers would be longer.

Next, in regards to priority of status ailment cures from Remove Breath, the below order was suggested:

Paralyze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Curse/Death > Disease/Plague>Petrify >>> Blind>Poison

If there are no problems with this the development team will be looking into this direction. Let us know if you prefer something different.

The development team is also looking into reducing the recast timer of Spirit Link as well as introducing items that will allow you to cure your Wyvern.
Subscribe
Found an update on the JP forums which basically said that they are going to raise the 12 ability cap but it will take some time. Also they responded that removing abilities could be done, but would be a last resort.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-17 16:17:25  
01-17-2012 04:11 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings

Just wanted to give a bit more information in regards to recast timers and some other feedback we have been seeing.

Maximum recast timer slots
The maximum number of recast timers is currently set at 12 recast timers, but we do have plans to increase this number in the future. However, this adjustment requires quite a bit of time and we appreciate your understanding in the meantime while this is worked on.

Interchanging abilities
Next, in regards to the request to remove existing abilities and split recast timers.
It wouldn’t be impossible to remove abilities, but the following must take place in order to make it happen:

• Reevaluate parameters and numerical values

• If adjusting the numbers is not enough, reevaluate the effects themselves

• If the abilities are still unsatisfactory, consider removing abilities

As such, removing an ability would be a last resort (removing abilities has that large of an impact).

Angon
In regards to Angon, the development team is looking into adjustments so that the lowered defense effect stacks with other defense lowering effects.

Call Wyvern Recast Timer
After discussing your feedback for a lower recast timer on Call Wyvern, the development team mentioned that they do not have plans to lower this any further and will be making adjustments to this via abilities and usable items.
Subscribe
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-17 16:21:22  
Just what the hell is the problem with making call wyvern less than 20 minutes? On pup I can call my automaton every 45 damn seconds(though in a weak status).
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2012-01-17 16:33:02  
drg does not rely as much on the pet..however 20min is still dumb 5min max(same as weakness)
 Asura.Chanceikin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-19 16:46:18  
Ophannus said: »

Soothing Breath
Commands the Wyvern to remove a status ailment.

This would be the DRG equivalent to Healing Waltz and it would remove a single status ailment(not limited to the ones the wyvern can remove with Remove Breaths, meaning it can remove Attack Down/Silence/Defense Down/Slow etc)

^that

and.. one of the biggest things about DRG that annoys me is I can't make the Wyvern heel.

So on an NM or VWNM.. you run in, WS and run out, and your wyvern is still over there feeding it TP until it gets wiped out by AoEs while you helplessly watch.
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2012-01-19 16:49:26  
Asura.Chanceikin said: »
Ophannus said: »

Soothing Breath
Commands the Wyvern to remove a status ailment.

This would be the DRG equivalent to Healing Waltz and it would remove a single status ailment(not limited to the ones the wyvern can remove with Remove Breaths, meaning it can remove Attack Down/Silence/Defense Down/Slow etc)

^that

and.. one of the biggest things about DRG that annoys me is I can't make the Wyvern heel.

So on an NM or VWNM.. you run in, WS and run out, and your wyvern is still over there feeding it TP until it gets wiped out by AoEs while you helplessly watch.

Just disengage.

Edit: To further expand on this, your Wyvern will disengage when you do.
[+]
 Asura.Chanceikin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-19 16:52:08  
Nice to know, I'm sure Max will appreciate the help.

Still would be cool to have the ability to make it back off even if you're engaged.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-19 17:01:51  
:O would be really nice if gungnir's def down effect stacked with angon lol D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-19 17:06:05  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Just what the hell is the problem with making call wyvern less than 20 minutes? On pup I can call my automaton every 45 damn seconds(though in a weak status).
They'd rather cramp our inventory further than just fix something, that way we can grind more for less work on their part.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-20 08:28:58  
Update on topic today:

01-20-2012 06:37 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1070] Job Adjustments: Dragoon

• New Wyvern Breath Abilities

• Healing Breath IV (Lv. 80)

• Remove Breath will now cure additional status ailments at the following levels:
      • Curse, bane and doom (Lv. 60)
      • Disease and plague (Lv. 80)
        *In the event that a character is afflicted with multiple status ailments, Remove Breath will cure only one.
        The effect cured will be determined by learnable level, with higher-level cure effects being prioritized over lower-level ones.
        This ability is still under development, and adjustments to priority may be implemented in a future update.

• Ability adjustments

• Spirit Surge
      • The "Haste" effect granted by Spirit Surge will be stackable with similar effects granted by spells and equipment.

• Jump
      • Recast time shortened from 90 to 60 seconds.

• High Jump
      • Recast time shortened from 180 to 120 seconds.
      • Expanded range.
      • Will also remove enmity from the nearest party member behind the dragoon.

• Super Jump
      • Expanded range.
      • Will also remove enmity from the nearest party member behind the dragoon.

• Spirit Jump
      • Recast time shortened from 90 to 60 seconds.

• Soul Jump
      • Recast time shortened from 180 to 120 seconds.

• Spirit Link
      • Recast time shortened from 180 to 90 seconds.

To maintain balance in light of the above recast time reductions, dragoon group one merit point enhancements will be adjusted as follows:

• Jump Recast: Shortens recast time by 2 seconds (previously 3 seconds).
    • High Jump Recast: Shortens recast time by 4 seconds (previously 6 seconds).
    • Spirit Link Recast : Shortens recast time by 3 seconds (previously 6 seconds).

• Attribute Ranking Adjustments :

• HP will be raised from C to C+.
    • Evasion skill will be raised from C- to B.
    • Parrying skill will be raised from C to B-.

Subscribe
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-20 08:38:25  
Cool stuff. Surprised at the increase in skills ranking.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-20 08:38:27  
That's kinda cool
 Fenrir.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-01-20 08:38:56  
Jump for my love.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-01-20 08:50:13  
"Will also remove enmity from the nearest party member behind the dragoon."

Was just thinking about this and I think a majority of the time the closest thing behind me is usually my wyvern. Do they count as a party member when it comes to hate mechanics? I know they can take hate and become the target but can you manipulate the hate via things like trick attack?
By Chyula 2012-01-20 09:01:27  
I can see it now during Botulus Rex fight.

Blm&Cor: God damn drg stand in front and JUMP.
Drg: dump *** BLM & Cor stand together for Jump.
Botulus: Thanks you for gathering my prey(incoming fart).
Blm&Cor: Who the hell let a loldrg in.
Drg: ............
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-20 09:16:50  
So the only jumps getting range boost is High and super? I suppose I can't really complain with everything else given but that's not going to see much use.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-01-20 14:48:40  
Quote:
Evasion skill will be raised from C- to B.

Incoming EVA set. >_>;;
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2012-01-20 15:07:50  
hp boost better healing breath and faster recast on jumps, honestly all around great update for drg..the parry and evasion boost seem pointless but whatever
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-20 15:29:17  
Update on topic again today:

01-20-2012 02:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Just wanted to pass along some insight into some of the changes that were made to the previously outlined dragoon adjustments.

Cure Breath Adjustments
We’ve decided to remove “Petrification (Lv 99)” from the list of possible status ailments that Cure Breath can remove.

At first, since there were comments asking to increase the status ailments that could be cured with Cure Breath, we were looking into improving the benefits to the party when white mage is your support job; however, at the same time we thought that there are almost no cases that you would not be petrified when the rest of your party was petrified.

After releasing the information and reflecting these changes on the test server, we received the same feedback on the forum and as a result made this decision.

We will be adjusting the priority order of the status ailments that Cure Breath cures at another time, so again, if you have request for this please let us know.

Dragoon Adjustments
With the shortened recasts on Jump/High Jump/Spirit Jump/Soul Jump, the damage was also increased. Also, with the addition of Heal Breath IV, there will be a good deal of healing power.

However, in the window to activate Heal Breath, you need to stop attacking (mainly auto-attack) and cannot deal damage. In other words, the more frequently you activate Heal Breath, the less damage you deal, so because of this we enhanced dragoons’s defenses.

Just wanted to note that I edited my post above for clarity.

It's not that each Jump was made more powerful, but the overall damage output of dragoon.
Subscribe
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-20 15:43:04  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Update on topic again today:
01-20-2012 02:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep
Howdy! Just wanted to pass along some insight into some of the changes that were made to the previously outlined dragoon adjustments. Cure Breath Adjustments We’ve decided to remove “Petrification (Lv 99)” from the list of possible status ailments that Cure Breath can remove. At first, since there were comments asking to increase the status ailments that could be cured with Cure Breath, we were looking into improving the benefits to the party when white mage is your support job; however, at the same time we thought that there are almost no cases that you would not be petrified when the rest of your party was petrified. After releasing the information and reflecting these changes on the test server, we received the same feedback on the forum and as a result made this decision. We will be adjusting the priority order of the status ailments that Cure Breath cures at another time, so again, if you have request for this please let us know.    Dragoon Adjustments With the shortened recasts on Jump/High Jump/Spirit Jump/Soul Jump, the damage was also increased. Also, with the addition of Heal Breath IV, there will be a good deal of healing power. However, in the window to activate Heal Breath, you need to stop attacking (mainly auto-attack) and cannot deal damage. In other words, the more frequently you activate Heal Breath, the less damage you deal, so because of this we enhanced dragoons’s defenses.
Subscribe

Feel these nipples!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-20 15:47:16  
<.<!
By Ophannus 2012-01-20 16:08:00  
Damage is not increased, the JP version of the post says "With the lowered recast, [Dragoon's] overall damage output will increase."
By Artemicion 2012-01-20 16:11:24  
I'm not quite sure I understand what they mean by the window activation for Healing Breath IV where you need to stop attacking/dealing damage.
Will it not activate until you stop hitting the target? Or is it possible to get it off within the window of delay between attacks? Might be as simple as simply turning the other way as you macro it.