Ragnarok.Daffel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-03-11 09:30:43  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Mcclane said: »
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
0/2,500 Murasamemaru :( (GK talk is on topic!)
After NPCing all those Emperor fish, at least you probably have enough gil to buy the 5 Pulse items!

Good luck. Pulse cells go for 10m+ on Bismarck.

I'm around 0/1000 on Uptala at this point myself.

Also 0/1300+ on Kaggen (0/200 or so on my mule, too). My wife, however, is awesome and bought me pulse cells recently. So I'm done with Kaggen. Such a jackass.

I have stopped counting on Uptala as it would just depress me and be counter productive. Last time I looked, 1 cell on Rag would put me back 12mil ._.

Luckily Kaggen put out for me a while back before they even introduced cells. Only 2 glowing items I have ever had drop are Kaggen and Hahava body >.<
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-11 09:42:09  
I have an amazing history of getting items useless or, at best, marginally useful to me...and having utter crap records on things I need.

I had 1 each of Heka's (useless to me), Mextli (useless to me), and 4 Toci's (the first I kept, the second I couldn't take because it was pre-cells, the last two I sold.). I've gotten 4 Rubeus jackets (useless to me) and 0 Athos' Tabards (at the time would have been great). In the time it took us to get a few ls mates who needed Rubeus feet their boots, I got 5(!) pair.

Zero glowing weapons in many thousand combined runs of Uptala, Ig, Rex, Bismarck, etc.

The Toci's harness thing is interesting because I need D. Sollerets for samurai and dark knight. It took me well over 1,000 Pils to get the boots, but got four harnesses along the way.

Go figure. I actually really like voidwatch when you manage to get in a non-idiotic group. Good thing, because I've had to do a ton of it. -.-;
[+]
By gargurty 2013-03-11 09:59:37  
know the feeling all to well. I to get stuff i realy dont need. The top was borealis for my drk that wasn't even leveled at the time. Seems like ye never get what ye want in vw lol

And yes i took the weapon and didnt pulse it, cos its so dmn rare to get the first time, same with mextli and the kaggen body :) Altho i have to say that the body from kaggen is semi usefull for idle or -dt set.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-03-11 10:05:03  
I am currently back to doing Akvan for WHM (Rage quit it a while back) but luckily for WHM Orison Bliaud +2 is a much better healing body and I just want it for curaga's.

Mextli was useless to me but could cell it at the time (800k wooo) but I have been pretty gifted on Ogier's pieces I needed at least. Legs were about 1/24 and head was about 1/60.

Muh VW has given the whole player base something to try and one up each other on wanted gear piece horror stories.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-11 10:10:32  
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
I am currently back to doing Akvan for WHM (Rage quit it a while back) but luckily for WHM Orison Bliaud +2 is a much better healing body and I just want it for curaga's.

Mextli was useless to me but could cell it at the time (800k wooo) but I have been pretty gifted on Ogier's pieces I needed at least. Legs were about 1/24 and head was about 1/60.

Muh VW has given the whole player base something to try and one up each other on wanted gear piece horror stories.

Cause we never had bcnm, enm, znm, suzo, fafnir, tiamat, etc horror stories... FFXI is ten years of attrition and horror stories, i just wish you had to have the appropriate abyssite to participate and more drops were just rare.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2013-04-30 12:35:38  
New update brings us:
New gear that we don't know how to obtain yet
New high base dmg weapons we don't know how to obtain yet
New battle content we don't know how to do yet

anyone else excited or at least intrigued for new Samurai TP & WS sets?
 Bismarck.Lynxis
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lynxis
By Bismarck.Lynxis 2013-04-30 14:53:35  
Not that we know how to obtain it yet but the new Tsurumaru is interesting. If you can manage enough Store TP to 4 hit with it, we will have a real monster on our hands but it doesn't look like that's possible with currently obtainable gear. That said, we don't know what type of augments will be available on the new armors yet but if there are some pieces with a good Store TP upgrade path then it might be viable. Even if it's not, 25TP return on WS without any Store TP gear on will definitely open other doors on 5 hit builds.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-04-30 16:45:40  
Bismarck.Lynxis said: »
Not that we know how to obtain it yet but the new Tsurumaru is interesting. If you can manage enough Store TP to 4 hit with it, we will have a real monster on our hands but it doesn't look like that's possible with currently obtainable gear. That said, we don't know what type of augments will be available on the new armors yet but if there are some pieces with a good Store TP upgrade path then it might be viable. Even if it's not, 25TP return on WS without any Store TP gear on will definitely open other doors on 5 hit builds.

You don't even NEED a 4hit for that thing to be a monster... All the new weapons are completely ridiculous. I'm 75% done my Amano but haven't turned in a single piece of currency yet, don't know if I even want to anymore until we find out more.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2013-04-30 16:55:29  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Bismarck.Lynxis said: »

You don't even NEED a 4hit for that thing to be a monster... All the new weapons are completely ridiculous. I'm 75% done my Amano but haven't turned in a single piece of currency yet, don't know if I even want to anymore until we find out more.

I plan on finishing Masa regardless of what SE throw at me. If anyone is thinking of throwing in the towel, I'll take plates/cinders off people on Rag still ^.^

Edit: If anyone is selling SAM R/E/M tears also I take them too ^.^
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54