サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-27 16:42:04  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Ragnarok.Lugat said: »
also Fstr durring weaponskills is fstr2 meaning 1fstr is about 2-3 STR not 4-5
How do I put this... No.

WS Base Damage = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + (Ammo Damage) + fSTR(2) + floor (floor((A x A%) + (B x B%)) x α)) * fTP)

is wrong than?^ please post what you use for WS damage than
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-27 16:43:31  
Odin.Almont said: »
Let me open by saying: No offense/challenge intended:

Why does Spiral ring beat at least one Terrasoul? With such a large modifier on VIT wouldn't it be better to stack that where possible? Or are you calculating that the STR modifies overall attack numbers more favorably after a certain point?
2 VIT will be 1-2 base damage on Upheaval. 5 STR will be 1.25 fSTR when uncapped. The average difference ends up being about 0.5 base damage in Terrasoul's favor, but Spiral will also add 3-4 attack. D on Upheaval is going to be pretty high given weapon type and WSC%, so the attack will pull ahead slightly as long as you're not capping cRatio.

Note that this is looking at average cases. You can determine the specific gain from WSC and gear accordingly since it's not dependent on mob stats.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-27 16:45:53  
How do I put this... No.

WS Base Damage = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + (Ammo Damage) + fSTR(2) + floor (floor((A x A%) + (B x B%)) x α)) * fTP)

Ammo damage and 2 are both in parenthesis with no internal operand as a way of denoting that they're not always applied. fSTR for melee, fSTR2 for ranged.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-27 16:47:43  
How do I put this... No.

WS Base Damage = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + (Ammo Damage) + fSTR + floor (floor((A x A%) + (B x B%)) x α)) * fTP)

Edit: nvm found where i was wrong already
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-27 16:52:54  
also nightfyre what do you use for Monster VIT when making voidwatch builds? i cant find a good number anywhere
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-01-27 16:58:04  
I think he just plays math, not the game
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-27 17:06:56  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
You almost make it sound like that would be a bad thing.

also nightfyre what do you use for Monster VIT when making voidwatch builds? i cant find a good number anywhere
Don't think we have a precise value for any of them. I've been using 110-115 as a general estimate and I don't think it's too far off given Prothescar's INT/MND/CHR data on BGwiki (with some exceptions; Botulus Rex likely has slightly lower VIT for example).
 Ragnarok.Lugat
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-01-28 03:40:36  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
You almost make it sound like that would be a bad thing.

Don't think we have a precise value for any of them. I've been using 110-115 as a general estimate and I don't think it's too far off given Prothescar's INT/MND/CHR data on BGwiki (with some exceptions; Botulus Rex likely has slightly lower VIT for example).

this Spreadsheet is showing that level 99 crabs (pld/pld) have 118 VIT.. and thats a normal monster <_< id think more in the 135ish vit would be closer for tier 6 just based off this..

also link to int/mnd/chr data would be awesome <3 make Dint sets on sch and blm alot easier
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-28 17:13:27  
Bukhis is level 101 and has 110 VIT, 100 AGI. I'll concede that my estimate could be too low (misremembered Bukhis VIT), but I'm reasonably comfortable saying that 135 is likely too high unless these NMs are also PLDs. As far as I know that's not the case.

You'd have to ask Prothescar for the specific post, he posted it in one of the stickied threads instead of the traits and stats thread. I do recall that Botulus Rex has 137 INT, as a quick reference, with his MND and CHR significantly lower (sub-100).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-28 17:20:44  
Kaggen
99INT
96MND
105CHR

-0% Magic Damage Taken
+50 Magic Defense Bonus

Pil
113INT
98MND
90CHR

-12.5% Magic Damage Taken
+50 Magic Defense Bonus
-50% Water, Earth, Ice, and Darkness Damage Taken

Botulus Rex
137INT
89MND
92CHR

+12.5% Magic Damage Taken
+40 Magic Defense Bonus
+Elemental resistance based on weather

Haven't finished any others yet, but worth noting that Botulus' INT is the only stat that I've found so far that's above 115, and I can only estimate STR, VIT, DEX, and AGI based on their jobs.