Retaliation Skillups?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Retaliation skillups?
Retaliation skillups?
 Leviathan.Mcmurdles
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Mcmurdles
By Leviathan.Mcmurdles 2012-01-22 04:25:25  
Just wanting to know if you can still gain skill-ups through retaliation, a little birdy told me this was nerfed in the most recent update, and ontop of that if say my gsword is skill level 30 when retaliating on say a fear dearg will it whiff because of low skill or is retaliation 100% acc? many thanks in advance
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-22 04:40:46  
I have not tried it since the latest update, but it still worked very well at 95 atleast, so worth a shot.
And it is not 100% accuracy, so you will wiff alot.
Can use ACC atmas, gear and acc food + use aggressor and maybe even focus if you \mnk
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2012-01-22 04:52:37  
just a note that while you wont see your character wiff, you will. Retaliation will only show you swing your weapon for a retaliation that connects. So if you miss you wont get a message or animation it will be like nothing happened. So if you increase your accuracy, you'll see yourself retaliate more often (assuming you're not already at cap)
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-01-22 04:55:36  
Could probably figure it out and know for sure by the time you get an answer (that may or may not be right) from random people on the internet.

And if your G axe skill is 30, just skill up somewhere else. Do it in stages, against mobs that are appropriate for your skill level. It really doesn't take that long. Are you so helpless outside of abyssea that the thought of missing 90% of your swings sounds like an ok trade off?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-01-22 05:10:28  
I'm not sure if it's been completely nerfed but they did something...

I've taken three weapons to around 350 in Abyssea from 150 or so. The first two were done a few months ago and took a few hours, but I'm getting nowhere with the third.

FYI, 70 levels in 12 hours (290 > 360).
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-22 06:49:47  
If it helps, I go to Crabs in Kuftal till 200ish, then I hit up steelshells in the tree till 250, then I go into abyssea.
By Shaidalyn 2012-01-22 07:27:18  
It works wonders. Grab multiple Mandies at once and have at it. I bring my pocket WHM and go War/Pld. I grab 10-15 mobs, spend 5min getting them in front of me -.-; but then its on.
I've completed Staff, Club. G.Swd, and Scythe WSNM trials, all took 50-90 min.
Pop a Montagna and you'll get insane skill ups. Took all 230-300ish in those short sessions.

*edit* As for Crabbers...
Short cut it: Go to TBT for Robbers then to Steelshells. No reason to run to Kuftal then run to Tree! :P
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-01-22 08:31:51  
With the raise in skill-up gain per mob lvl (down to DC instead of the old T/VT) you don't even need to work out of Abyssea, unless you are "miserably low" on a weapon's skill.

You could probably just hit VoA mandies starting from as low as 100 and be fine. Eat the right skillup food (varies with skill lvl), sub DNC, equip whatever combination of PDT and Regen Atmas and Retaliate.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-01-22 09:32:29  
any easy way to do it where u dont have to worry about dying or anything go to castle zyvahl past (however u spell it) and just sit there with a stupid low damage weapon and have at it for hrs while u afk doing something else pop food even and ull get insane skill ups quick can probably smack 200+ in 2-3 hrs easy
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-22 09:39:03  
If starting below 200, I recommend using the Fortalice as Crollion mentioned. Make sure to use a 1DMG weapon or you will find yourself waiting on respawns (30 minute respawn).

Edit: Since you're starting so low, you'll want to stack acc gear and maybe even eat acc food. I started polearm at like 70 and it was whiff city. I let it go overnight so I didn't have to sit there and watch it miss so often.

As you get higher, be sure to remove any att you can. There's a +acc -att ring that I used. Ideally you don't want to do more than 4 damage per crit to get the best use of your time.
By Xorn 2012-01-25 00:26:33  
Shaidalyn said: »
I grab 10-15 mobs, spend 5min getting them in front of me -.-; but then its on.

You can use a wall to force them all to cluster in front of you. Just take them to a wall and back up slowly to position them. Found that out accidentally while skilling up shield on pld.
 Valefor.Sojourn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Fodder
By Valefor.Sojourn 2012-01-25 00:48:03  
Still works
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-25 01:50:44  
Xorn said: »
Shaidalyn said: »
I grab 10-15 mobs, spend 5min getting them in front of me -.-; but then its on.

You can use a wall to force them all to cluster in front of you. Just take them to a wall and back up slowly to position them. Found that out accidentally while skilling up shield on pld.

Random mostly useless fact: mobs can only move around you to the left. Thus if you stand with a wall on your right, and slowly move back they quickly cluster infront of you. If you stand with the wall on your left, they have much more freedom to move and wont cluster as nicely.
[+]
By Xorn 2012-01-25 08:49:19  
I didn't realize that. Good to know.
 Siren.Mcmurdles
サーバ: Siren
user: Mcmurdles
By Siren.Mcmurdles 2012-01-25 23:08:50  
@Sojourn
lol thank you i waited 3 days for this reply! :D